Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anything an absolute no?

That is so weird cause my surgeon never said anything about sword swallowing.

Did you ask?

Not true...peanut butter is a great slice of Protein. Wouldn't recommend taking a big tablespoon out of the jar, but in moderation, there's no "band reason" not to eat it.

Peanut Butter in my blender, along with a banana and chocolate.....plus 100% whey.....What a breakfast!

Just thinking about it....now that is Head Hunger in the making.....

Did you ask?

No. Now that you mention it I guess it slipped my mind. Damn!

Peanut Butter in my blender' date=' along with a banana and chocolate.....plus 100% whey.....What a breakfast!

Just thinking about it....now that is Head Hunger in the making.....[/quote']

I have had Pete& Elda's pizza in my head for 3 days now. Yup, head hunger.

I have had Pete& Elda's pizza in my head for 3 days now. Yup, head hunger.

HEY HEY NOW.......Do you have any idea how many T-shirts I have for eating the x-large pizza's all by myself? I use to put people to shame...little did I know I was the one looking foolish....

Pete and Elda's is the only pizza that I can still eat, although only one slice...super thin like a cracker....I cannot handle anything doughy....

There is another place on Ocean that has pizza like that.....

In a few months the "Bennies" will be back and you won't be able to find a place to park there...let alone get a table....

But I'm not big on Italian food anymore either....pasta....

HEY HEY NOW.......Do you have any idea how many T-shirts I have for eating the x-large pizza's all by myself? I use to put people to shame...little did I know I was the one looking foolish....

Pete and Elda's is the only pizza that I can still eat' date=' although only one slice...super thin like a cracker....I cannot handle anything doughy....

There is another place on Ocean that has pizza like that.....

In a few months the "Bennies" will be back and you won't be able to find a place to park there...let alone get a table....

But I'm not big on Italian food anymore either....pasta....[/quote']

I went 2 days before my surgery, thinking it would be my last time. Luckily, it wasn't. I went about a month ago. Ooh, it was dee-lish. Have you tried Vic's? Haven't had their pizza in years but I have friends who think their pizza is better. I totally disagree!

I have had regular pizza but stop at 1 slice (I used to eat 3 or 4) but I learned to eat it slowly and cut it.

Haven't ventured to Kelly's for a reuben yet, but if I don't soon I will never get there. You're right, the bennies will be here before you know it!

One of the things that convinced me to go with the lap band over other WLS was the fact there were no absolute "no's" it became obvious there were some commonly problematic foods but even those hardly ever applied all to the same person. As a diabetic I've been no carb and/or low carb for years so that took a lot of my concern away. I'll admit I'm still nervous about steak and rice which I really enjoyed pre-surgery but my post op seems to be going well so I just need to wait a few more weeks until I can start experimenting.

I went 2 days before my surgery, thinking it would be my last time. Luckily, it wasn't. I went about a month ago. Ooh, it was dee-lish. Have you tried Vic's? Haven't had their pizza in years but I have friends who think their pizza is better. I totally disagree!

I have had regular pizza but stop at 1 slice (I used to eat 3 or 4) but I learned to eat it slowly and cut it.

Haven't ventured to Kelly's for a reuben yet, but if I don't soon I will never get there. You're right, the bennies will be here before you know it!

My last Meal was the Chinese Buffet on 36 in Eatontown,..I knew I would NEVER set foot in there again.....

Forget kelly's around st. Patrick's day.....anyway there is not much there I can eat......burgers, sandwiches are no more....have not been there in years...

I've been banded over 2 years...don't get around to the restaurants they way we used to because I no longer eat the foods I used to...became very picky

.....Asbury park for my Birthday....

Used to love surf taco..but cannot handle the rice now....have not been to the Circus in over 2 years....

What town do you live in? we are in Wall, just south of Belmar

My doctor told me NO BREAD! He said I didn't need it anyway!

My doctor dis not forbid anything. He said that some people have problems with bread, rice, Pasta, and steak or other tough meats. He discourages sweets because of calories, but doesn't say anything is forever off the table (pun semi-intended). Carbonation was not allowed during recovery, but I was told that after that some people could handle it, and some couldn't. Personally, I decided that if I could handle carbonation, I would save it for something worthwhile, like champagne!

My last Meal was the Chinese Buffet on 36 in Eatontown' date='..I knew I would NEVER set foot in there again.....

Forget kelly's around st. Patrick's day.....anyway there is not much there I can eat......burgers, sandwiches are no more....have not been there in years...

I've been banded over 2 years...don't get around to the restaurants they way we used to because I no longer eat the foods I used to...became very picky

Used to love surf taco..but cannot handle the rice now....have not been to the Circus in over 2 years....

What town do you live in? we are in Wall, just south of Belmar[/quote']

I am from Wall. I actually responded to one of your posts a while ago and mentioned it. :-) I grew up by the Bel Air golf course. And every Saturday night in the summer, you can find me at Wall Stadium.

I was banded 11/29 at Jersey Shore. Dr. Kipnis did my surgery.

I will probably take my kids to The Circus this summer. We love that place. I haven't had any problems eating any kind of foods at all so far so I will probably just have half a hot dog.

I am in Manchester now. Have you always lived in the Wall area?

My last Meal was the Chinese Buffet on 36 in Eatontown' date='..I knew I would NEVER set foot in there again.....

What town do you live in? we are in Wall, just south of Belmar[/quote']

This is too funny! Pete & Eldas is one of my favorites. Surf Taco too.

I was banded at 7:30am this morning at Jersey Shore Medical Center. The surgery was WAY easier than I thought! Almost no pain from the wound. No shoulder pain at all. I was home by 2pm.

Now, I must admit I am scared shitless. My wife and I USED to eat out almost every night but the last few weeks of this liquid pre-op hell has put a screeching halt to that. Feel sorry for my poor wife.

I have no idea how I am going to do this. 30 years of bad habits will be hard to break. Nothing better than a Taylor Ham and scrambled egg sandwich for Breakfast. Or maybe a Bagel Masters bagel. And then it is just downhill from there. Oh did I mention 2 or 3 big gulp diet cokes every day?

I have been lurking here for a few months for encouragement and glad I went thru with it. But I am afraid my past will be hard to break.

Sent from my iPad using LapBandTalk

Trying to eat in a hurry is a no go now.

I think this motto plays out in my head

"If you don't have time to chew, be prepared to spew"

I agree with Missybear. You can and should be able to eat most anything, just smaller portions and eat slowly. I tried scarfing down a banana over the weekend while walking out the door since i didnt want the peel in the car.. bad idea!! ive learned over the past year and a half that eating fast just causes pain and that ill most likely throw up. I can't drink carbonated drinks anymore.. Gives me a super stomach ache.

I am from Wall. I actually responded to one of your posts a while ago and mentioned it. :-) I grew up by the Bel Air golf course. And every Saturday night in the summer, you can find me at Wall Stadium.

I was banded 11/29 at Jersey Shore. Dr. Kipnis did my surgery.

I will probably take my kids to The Circus this summer. We love that place. I haven't had any problems eating any kind of foods at all so far so I will probably just have half a hot dog.

I am in Manchester now. Have you always lived in the Wall area?

I've been going to Wall stadium since the 60's...my friends father owned a modified....I'm into dirt racks now....New Egypt...every Saturday...

This is too funny! Pete & Eldas is one of my favorites. Surf Taco too.

I was banded at 7:30am this morning at Jersey Shore Medical Center. The surgery was WAY easier than I thought! Almost no pain from the wound. No shoulder pain at all. I was home by 2pm.

Now' date=' I must admit I am scared shitless. My wife and I USED to eat out almost every night but the last few weeks of this liquid pre-op hell has put a screeching halt to that. Feel sorry for my poor wife.

I have no idea how I am going to do this. 30 years of bad habits will be hard to break. Nothing better than a Taylor Ham and scrambled egg sandwich for Breakfast. Or maybe a Bagel Masters bagel. And then it is just downhill from there. Oh did I mention 2 or 3 big gulp diet cokes every day?

I have been lurking here for a few months for encouragement and glad I went thru with it. But I am afraid my past will be hard to break.

Sent from my iPad using LapBandTalk[/quote']

Ironically, I am rarely on these boards anymore but decided to see what's new. I'm assuming Kipnis did your surgery.

Did you have to see a nutritionist? I saw Debbie Blair. She was great. I lost 30 pounds with her help before my surgery so luckily I didn't need a pre op diet.