Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This was not in the brochure

2. The bathroom. If you have small children ofr have a weak stomach stop reading from this point foward. This is not to insult, inflame or gross anyone out. Biology started to work yesterday. Intestines started peristalsis, and last evening the Last Train from Clarksville came in. For those with potty training toddlers, thats number two.

Anyway, I know there were going to be changes, but no one told me about the new odors associated with this. First I offended myself, next the dogs scattered and hid in their crates, not to be seen again. My wife came to bed stating she was filing for divorce if I keep this up and finally, the smoke detector went off wanring the rest of the hosue hold there was danger ahead.

After getting banded I decided to invent a "Butt Muffler" and I am looking for investors if you are interested :lol:

Holy heck, you almost made me spew my coffee laughing!! :D

1. Commercials- yes I noticed the same thing. I actually find it amusing, because it seems every other commercial is for some horribly unhealthy food but then the next is for some diet plan. First I'm seeing some dude in a fast food parking lot eating a burger that looks like it belongs on an episode of the Flintstones followed by Sharon Osborne selling the Atkins diet.

2. Bathroom.....ummm...yeah. I'm not even gonna lie, I can clear a room in seconds flat. I am the queen of silent but deadly gas bombs. I'm often thankful we have 3 cats to blame it on, however now my family thinks we need to change their food because "cat farts aren't supposed to be that rancid". Ooops! :blink:

3. sleep. I'm happy to report that once I got passed the recovery period, my sleeping habits returned to normal. I'm like you, I am not a morning person. My mom even bought me a nightshirt that says "perky morning people should be shot". I'm happily back to being a night owl again.

Please keep posting...you are like a breath of comedic fresh air :D

Best wishes!

Thanks for the kudos on the post. Gald to hear we all are suffering together! I wanted to fit some mother guilt in there ( mine is mediterranean basin guilt), but could not find a way to do it.

Got another.

BOWEL SOUNDS----- Now you all have shared your noisy displays, When did my stomach become the Pacific and it was mating season for the humpback whales? ( using the term "whale" loosly). I got enough problems with GreenPeace flying over my house, roping my ankles and bringing me back to sea, but come on. Reminds me of the plastic record inserts you would get from the National Geographics. can't wait for my wife to call back to me.

If you can't laugh at this stuff then you wouldn't be human. That story is for another time.

Thanks and more to come.

Lol, after reading this I at least know a few things to be prepared for!

I love the honesty here!

So I fell that its time to update my progress since my last entry.

The pain is minimal from the ags and the incisions. dull stings and what feels like joint pain in the left shoulder. No I am not having a heart attack' date=' no shortness of breath, sweating, difficulty breathing, etc.( for the medical folks out there).

I was out and about most of the day. can I over do it? thoughts.

So how do I get my 64oz of Fluid in a day? I'm taking in about about 48oz by bedtime. should I be taking bigger gulps? Should I be forcing fluids on a time schedule? What are your thoughts on the subject?

Sooooooooo, this was not in the brochure.

1. Commercials. Have you all noticed that TV commercials and for that matter TV in general promotes the heck out of overeating? Dominos, pizza hut Popeye's chicken, KFC, those stupid BurgerKing pieces and the best of them all Mickey D. I wanna punch Little Ceasar in the head! I'm not hungry, but I feel compelled to eat. Same way I did when seeing someone smoke on TV, Bogey would light up, I would light up. Thank God that's over with. 12 yrs smoke free. I may go back to radio all day.

2. The bathroom. If you have small children ofr have a weak stomach stop reading from this point foward. This is not to insult, inflame or gross anyone out. Biology started to work yesterday. Intestines started peristalsis, and last evening the Last Train from Clarksville came in. For those with potty training toddlers, thats number two.

Anyway, I know there were going to be changes, but no one told me about the new odors associated with this. First I offended myself, next the dogs scattered and hid in their crates, not to be seen again. My wife came to bed stating she was filing for divorce if I keep this up and finally, the smoke detector went off wanring the rest of the hosue hold there was danger ahead.

I rely on you folks to give me a heads up on these matters. you are my pals, confidants and friends. Why did you leave this little piece of info out? I afraid to go out in public. I may get arrested for terroists acts. I'll let this one go, but in the future please let me be aware of what to expect next. I have a family to feed.

3. sleep. Overnight I became my grandparents and my father. I am a night person. Mornings suck and now I know why. It's cold dark and lonely at 4 in the morning. Now I know why the early bird special is at 430pm. Bedtime should be @ 8pm. I went to bed last night at 10pm. Up at 4am and I feel great, but why is this happening. Dont tell me next I should be exercising at this ungodly hour.

Thanks for reading my rant. I feel much better now. will keep you updated with more observations and tips as I come by them.

More to come[/quote']

This cracked me up!!! I drive home from work at twice the speed limit so as not to expose my co-workers to noxious odors!

so happy that I am not the only one....good thing I now have 2 dogs to blame it on!!!!

Well I guess the good news is that I have two cats to blame. The bad news is that I live alone so I'll stink myself out of my house. Better load up on scented candles. Perhaps they sell fire extinguisher sized air fresheners? Honesty is refreshing...at least I'll know what to expect in May!

Oh that pic is too funny!!

I am preparing to get branded no banded...and I totally get your post. About 20 years ago a friend of mine was 27 yrs old and weighed 450. He had one of the early gastric bypass surgeries, He had to attend counseling for year with a group that had the procedure and some considering it. Although I don't want to wait a year there is some merit to speaking candidly over time with people going through this. My friend was horrified to have anyone over to his home after the surgery. Even a good friend like me. His main reason the bathroom situation was truly horrifying. I do pretty well with biological realities. I'm the one who handles my kids broken bones, blood, vomit, etc. But this was a whole other thing. Now I know the procedure is different and they even say since the intestine is not being shortened there should be nothing that stinks. Well obviously you all know it does. I would be curious medically to know why. Is the flora and fauna depleted post surgery? Do the liquids contribute? When hard foods come in are they ones that produce gas, and stinky excrement? I know that began and vegetarian diets are often high on the ripeness scale as opposed to red or white meats. As for the shoulder pain it is referred pain that occurs when we mess surgically with the digestive system or if you have a gal bladder full of stones. Why does it refer to shoulder - see an acupuncturist - seriously. I have appointments with mine lined up daily for 2 weeks after the surgery.

Liquids in/liquids out, Pastor Cody! But, almost, as soon as you start intaking normal food, your liquid farts go away! It is worth it! My gas, was also, released from burping, which is just as bad, at 1st. Then the burps are nt stinky, after awhile, too! I went to church 2 days after surgery, and I kept burping. How embarrassing is that for a choir member? Best wishes to all you newbees! Karen

PS: the shoulder pain comes from the gas that they give you while under sedation. It goes away with walking and some gas-x strips!

Its the Protein shakes... My husband takes protein, he works out several times a week and is in great shape. Before I had the LB done I used to complain about the "smell"... Now... I smell like him. hahaha.. Its good to have something in common again.. hahaha

The shoulder pain, like said above is due to leftover CO2 gas from the surgery that in turn push on the diaphragm. Apparently the nerves are connected to your shoulder areas.

Making yourself move, burping, farting, and gas-x are the only way for sure to relieve the discomfort.

Probably redundant but I had to post it.

I asked my doctor about the shoulder pain and he told me that they've made great strides in that area by using humidified air to blow up your stomach. I'm hoping that the discomfort is minor. I had a laporoscopy done about 10 years ago and that shoulder pain sucked!!