Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I didn't tell some at first because I didn't want to hear "oh you don't need that" or "that's the easy way out". So I waited till after and some I'd just say at first when asked what was I doing "I'm just cutting back" which wasn't a lie. Eventually I became proud of it and became a spokes person per say because I truly believe the band doesn't fail you, you fail the band.

I told everyone - including my neighbor! My mom tried to talk me out of it saying I didn't need surgery. "Just do it the old fashioned way". Had it anyway and now she's so proud of me! I will tell anyone who will listen abut my band and how it saved my life...

Marci

I Only told my daughter and husband and best friend. Although my freind did tell some people sigh.

Felt it was a private decision.

I tell people if they ask directly. I decided the lifestyle changes will be easier if I'm not having to lie or even decieve other people about why I'm eating differently. I also won't lie about how hard it is and whenever someone says "you're so lucky" or "I wish I could have that done" I tell them about the pre-op diet, the post-op diet, and how easily wls surgery can be worthless if mishandled. I got the Lap Band so I can live longer and be more active with fewer medications only after exhausting every other non medical option for years.

I've told this story before: I told everyone. I work from home. The Fedex guy came to the door and I pulled up my shirt and said "Look what I did"!!

Yes, I know, what a maroon? Still, I told everyone I know. Wish I wouldn't have now but it's hard to disagree with the real me :P

I didn't tell anyone except my parents, best friend, and brother at the very beginning. But now absolutely everyone knows. As time went on I started telling more people now anyone and everyone who knows me is aware I got the band.

I see it as an opportunity to educate others on the band and WLS in general.

i told some people where i work as they had to know why id be gone for 8 days,,told my hub (who told his folks...i was concerned they'd say something smart)...and then hub said so what...and you know what, he was right...id tell anyone...i am super proud and i am a lap band/plication success story.

Did you tell everyone that you had the the lap band procedure or did you keep it a secret from some friends and family?

Secret. I told my dad and 1 friend.

Did you tell everyone that you had the the lap band procedure or did you keep it a secret from some friends and family?

No. I only told who I really wanted to tell. I will be seeing a lot of family in April for my MIL's 90th birthday and I will not tell. If asked about my eating, I will just say I watch what I eat and don't over eat. If anyone asks if I had WLS I would say no. I know it's a lie but it is a MYOB. I really hate my sister-in-law and I would never ever want her or her husband to know anything about my personal life.

I tell people if they ask directly. I decided the lifestyle changes will be easier if I'm not having to lie or even decieve other people about why I'm eating differently. I also won't lie about how hard it is and whenever someone says "you're so lucky" or "I wish I could have that done" I tell them about the pre-op diet' date=' the post-op diet, and how easily wls surgery can be worthless if mishandled. I got the Lap Band so I can live longer and be more active with fewer medications only after exhausting every other non medical option for years.[/quote']

Yea I have people I work with say "oh I wish I had something that stopped me" or " I need to go get me a lap band". They think its so easy. Usually when they say that I've eaten about 2 bites cause something is stuck. I think "yea they think its sooooo easy". Not easy at all.

I didn't tell anyone except my parents' date=' best friend, and brother at the very beginning. But now absolutely everyone knows. As time went on I started telling more people now anyone and everyone who knows me is aware I got the band.

I see it as an opportunity to educate others on the band and WLS in general.[/quote']

Exactly about the education because I'm proof THE BAND WORKS. I'm so sick of hearing "the band didnt work for me". No you didn't work with your band. Plain and simple. Yes there are people who have had consistent prob like leaky band but they are exception.

Exactly about the education because I'm proof THE BAND WORKS. I'm so sick of hearing "the band didnt work for me". No you didn't work with your band. Plain and simple. Yes there are people who have had consistent prob like leaky band but they are exception.

​ education is a great word to describe the Band.

I told everyone . It really is just a personal choice. I have friend on here that have separate face book accounts as well. Whatever you feel is best is what you should do. Best of luck!

I have told anybody that will listen.