Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does anyone besides me have a problem with back fat?

Last year at my wedding, I was 144 lbs - about 9 lbs from my 135 goal. I still had to wear a shawl with my sleeveless dress cuz of my back fat. Ugly. Don't know what to do about it. I've lost about 100 lbs and have minimal saggy skin but still have the backfat.

Wonder how much it costs fo Lipo on just my back??

Marci

Lippo is what my plastic surgeon said would be the only thing to take care of that...mean while get fitted for a bra-it helps to really have the right fit. I wear a light weight Spanx that smooths me out in that area when I am wearing something form fitting. I have a pretty flat belly, decent boobs, and decent arms (plastic surgery) but I have that yucky ole back fat or I call it bra fat. Lippo isn't cheap. It can be done on an out patient basis but my plastic surgeon told me that she would require an overnight hosptial stay.

I have a friend who tried that cold laser Lipo thing and said that it didn't work for her. A body wrap may help depending on how much skin there is. Just make sure it's not one of the Water weight ones. Those just dehydrate you and don't really work or last. I'm a bit biased though. I sell body wraps on the side. Lol.

I just had an upper back lift to get rid of this problem. I had it done last week and I love love love the results!!! There is no longer one spot on my body that you can pinch anything on (thanks to plastic surgery) I decided to have the upper back lift done when just like you I would cover my shoulders with a shaw I worked to darn hard to do that plus I had a Tummy Tuck, breast lift, arm lift, thigh lift, and butt lift (not all at once) it seemed silly to just quit while I had only one more surgery left. I highly recommend you see your surgeon about this option it's worth it.

I haven't had any problems with loose skin, however, I try to reshape my body through exercise. I find if I target certain areas specifically that I don't like, it usually works. The back is definitely something that needs specific work. Most exercises we do don't target that area. Good luck !

I have exaxtly the same problem with back fat, i have had all the plastic surgery my breast lift is tomorrow 23rd March and that is me finished but i will be consulting a personal trainer about this back problem, it might be that the fat can be worked on, i would maybe try that first before the liposuction route. My surgeon has warned me tho, that having had so much surgery, we can get a little obsessed over minor imperfections, so in the grande scheme of things actually how bad is it, or is it just when u wear low cut dresses.. Sometimes our perceptions of ourselves get a little skewed after so much weight loss and surgery so i would get more opinions than just our own one :)

I haven't had any problems with loose skin, however, I try to reshape my body through exercise. I find if I target certain areas specifically that I don't like, it usually works. The back is definitely something that needs specific work. Most exercises we do don't target that area. Good luck !

Same here....you cannot pinch any fat on my body anymore also, and it is all from exercise (and eating right).......running I find is the best way to "Tone' the body and loose skin as it involves the entire body all at once....I suppose swimming does the same....

I used to have problems exercising because of all the fat, felt it rise and fall on myself with every step, but I also interpreted that as reaching those places that don't get exercised during a normal sedentary day....

You guys are lucky! I'm a long distance runner (15 plus miles a day, I'm training for the ultra marathon) I do yoga and boxing as well and I still couldn't get rid of my hanging skin surgery was the only way. I'm glad I did it all because now I can see what all my hard work had accomplished;-)

Cassie good luck tomorrow I'm excited for you! The breast lift for me was one of the easier procedures to get through.

Thanks so much for your thoughts, this is the last one for me yayyyyyy i found the full body lift pretty easy to be honest, inner thighs werent so easy :)

will let u know how i am doing :)

Best wishes on your surgery.

There is a plastic surgery procedure called corset plastic surgery, it takes care of belly, fat roll beneath the boobs, and back fat....google it....it is interesting