Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Restrictions

I recieved my first fill a few days ago and im confused. I recieved 3cc's and I only feel restriction eating foods that are too tough to digest which results in it coming up. Other food that I can digest easily I don't get that restriction feeling at all. So my question is how many fills does it actually take to get that "full feeling"??

Actually, you're not supposed to get that full feeling. If you're eating until you're full you're eating too much. The band also isn't supposed to stop you from eating anything, either. It's meant to help you feel satisfied on less food for longer periods of time.

Have a look at this link, it explains the misconceptions about "restriction" and what to expect from your band: http://drsimpson.net/fills/Lap-band-eating/lap-band-not-restriction/lap-band-and-restriction.html

Best wishes.

I recieved my first fill a few days ago and im confused. I recieved 3cc's and I only feel restriction eating foods that are too tough to digest which results in it coming up. Other food that I can digest easily I don't get that restriction feeling at all. So my question is how many fills does it actually take to get that "full feeling"??

This is interesting, cos I have been thinking lately... I have had 3 fills and can feel myself close to what I think is green zone.

I chew my food VERY well. Until it is liquified in my mouth before swallowing. Does that mean it will slide through like a slider food? And don't people say u can eat unlimited (almost) slider foods and to stay away from them cos they pass through quick?

I typically eat things like chili, chicken salad, omelets, wheat Pasta, roast chicken and veggies, .... Lots of different things. Same result of being hungry couple hours after. I feel some resistance as it goes down so don't think I'm super loose. Not sure if I need another fill or if I'm chewing too much.

Little help?

This is interesting, cos I have been thinking lately... I have had 3 fills and can feel myself close to what I think is green zone.

I chew my food VERY well. Until it is liquified in my mouth before swallowing. Does that mean it will slide through like a slider food? And don't people say u can eat unlimited (almost) slider foods and to stay away from them cos they pass through quick?

I typically eat things like chili, chicken salad, omelets, wheat Pasta, roast chicken and veggies, .... Lots of different things. Same result of being hungry couple hours after. I feel some resistance as it goes down so don't think I'm super loose. Not sure if I need another fill or if I'm chewing too much.

Little help?

You're not eating anything wrong at all and you can't chew too much. Food should down without a problem so that's a good thing, it means you're taking small enough bites and chewing it well.

Have a look at the link I posted to the post above yours, it will help.

You're not eating anything wrong at all and you can't chew too much. food should down without a problem so that's a good thing' date=' it means you're taking small enough bites and chewing it well.

Have a look at the link I posted to the post above yours, it will help.[/quote']

Thank you dear.

sorry I should have looked at that first. It's hard to remember that day to day! Gotta print it out or something! Stick it up on the wall in my office

I'm curious as to how many hours we should be able to go without feeling hungry if we only eat 1 cup of food. Does anyone have the answer?

Time and time again I have read people say 4 hours or more. Any less and we should be getting fills. (Granted we are making sure to drink enough Fluid to help keep us full too)

I'm definitely not there yet. I get hungry after 2.5 hours and if I don't have a snack I can't stand it!

I'm going in for my first fill in a year on Wednesday. I'm pretty underfilled at the moment. Right now if I eat 2 cups it keeps me full for about 2.5 to 4 hours depending on the Protein content. Any less doesn't last me very long at all!

Its not about feeling full, its about being satisfied and not being hungry for 4 hours. Some people's hunger never subsides as I can attest to that but if you eat filling Protein packed foods it should help. As far as things getting stuck some things your band just can not tolerate but nothing is off limits as to what you can eat it just depends what your band is willing to accept.

Its not about feeling full, its about being satisfied and not being hungry for 4 hours. Some people's hunger never subsides as I can attest to that but if you eat filling Protein packed foods it should help. As far as things getting stuck some things your band just can not tolerate but nothing is off limits as to what you can eat it just depends what your band is willing to accept.

Cheryl,

You are right. It isn't about being full. I used full interchangeably with not being hungry. So, what I should have said up there was 2 cups keeps me from having a hungry stomach for 2.5 to 4 hours.

Being "full" to me means something different than it probably means to new bandsters or people without the band. Full used to be wow, I can't eat another bit. Full to me means I am satisfied and satiated, could take more bites, but don't need/want to. I've had the band so long now that I sometimes forget what other people think full is!

-Hilary