Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mushie Food...HELP!

I went for my 2 week post op visit yesterday. The NP told me to start a mushie diet and basically food has to be baby food consistency. She said everything needs to be blended. now... say what you want but I refuse to eat pureed food. I just cant do it, i will throw up and it will just be pointless! Any ideas for soft mushie foods?

I take grilled chicken or canned tuna and put it in the blender with a bit of mayo and mustard for moisture. Makes great tuna or chicken salad.< /p>

I went for my 2 week post op visit yesterday. The NP told me to start a mushie diet and basically food has to be baby food consistency. She said everything needs to be blended. now... say what you want but I refuse to eat pureed food. I just cant do it, i will throw up and it will just be pointless! Any ideas for soft mushie foods?

We have the same surgeon! Cool! I am interested to see the responses you get. It would be nice to have good choices without processing everything. Yuck!

I really like the canned chicken breast. I mixed it with chicken broth so it's moist and mashed it up with a fork. I ate cream of wheat, oatmeal, mashed potatoes, sugar free Jello and pudding.< /p>

Ricotta and cottage cheese topped with smooth spaghetti sauce heated in the microwave. Like heaven after liquids!!!!! Greek yogurt blended to get rid of fruit chunks, splendor a to taste. Canned chicken mixed with low fat laughing cow also microwaved.

Also a patient of Dr. Glasgow!

Last night i did ricotta cheese topped with Pasta sauce and part skim shredded cheese for dinner.

I am eating a lot of Starkist tuna salad, egg salad which I make with relish & mayo and my version of tacos which is ground beef, avacado, sour cream and salsa in the food processor.

I also add Protein powder to my mashed potatoes and fat free creamy italian dressing.

I am struggling a bit with fruits & veggies outside of the Protein shakes I add them to because the texture is more funky to me.

I do feel like after liquids this has been such a relief especially as savory foods go.

I was allowed to eat deli turkey. Refried Beans with a sprinkle of cheese is very satisfying. Egg Drop Soup is a thick Protein rich alternative.

You can actually get away with most any food as long as you chew, chew, chew. Once you learn how to eat with the band, most of the food that reaches your pouch is mush anyway. I wouldn't go out and eat a sirloin but maybe a meatloaf and chew it up real good. I know I'll get crap for this but if you follow the rules of chewing, it'll be beyond mush before it hits your stomach.

I think a lot of docs want us to refrain from eating solids at this point is due to the fact that we really haven't learned the chewing skills yet and if some pinhead* ripped off a huge chunk of chicken it probably wouldn't make it through the stoma and cause some harm. jmo

tmf

*They've posted here asking for help

One of favorites was salmon mashed up, mixed with well cooked chopped broccoli and mashed potatoes :)

Avocado! I eat it all by itself. Or mash it with chicken or tuna for moisture. Cottage cheese, smoothies, add pesto sauce to your meats to soften it. Finely chopped! Even if its shredded-chop it up. Mashed potatoes, cream of broccoli-blended, cream of wheat. I thought purée would kill me too, but it's not that bad!! You will be surprised what works. Be creative!

I have also been using Laughing Cow cheese to add moisture to meats or hummus.