Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Seriously Embarrassed !

I always worry in restaurants about breaking chairs or breaking a lawn chair

Oh I did too! One time, at my heaviest, I almost got stuck. I went to get out of the booth, and I coudn't move. I had to try to wiggle my way out. Luckily it was in the back and no one saw me, but my husband was there and that is bad enough.

Yep, I can relate. I was at a cookout a few summers ago, sitting in a plastic lawn chair in a circle of friends. The backyard was sloped downhill. The chair legs gave out under me and i rolled down the hill. Everyone laughed and it was one of the most mortifying experiences of my life. In the past I was asked to get off amusement park rides because i was too big. In front of a huge group of schoolmates.

So glad I do not have to worry about those things now, but those moments stick with you forever!

Broke several chairs Had trouble fitting in airline seats and always needed a seat belt extender. Once had to buy an extra seat on a flight. Broke several plastic chairs. Could not eat at a restaurant with plastic chairs. Could not fit into restaurant booth. Would you like a booth or a table?

Sat on the edge of many chairs I could not fit in

And the worst...could not up and out of low sofas.

Funny now... Not so much then.

John you just told my life story! Lol

I am so self conscious about my weight and breaking someones whatever that I bought a heavy duty coleman camp chair that I take any where seating is questionable. I will Probably continue even after losing the weight because I always have a comfortable place to sit.

I haven't broken anything but once my husband grabbed his jeans' date=' put them on and seemed to be struggling with them. He turned to me with a puzzled look wondering why they fit so weird and were like clown pants - short but wide. Turned out that the jeans were mine! I didn't know if I should laugh or die of embarrassment. I ended up laughing my butt off - couldn't help it.[/quote']

So dang funny, I literally lol'd!!

OK, I was thinking back and don't remember breaking anything in particular, but one year when my husband and I were in Hawaii, I decided I would brave the ocean.... No matter what I looked like in my swimsuit, since we didn't know anyone there anyway. So we were having a right lovely time until it was time to walk back up to the beach. I had NO idea that it was so hard to walk out of the ocean... At least for me. He was up on the beach, but every time I tried to walk up, the waves would push me back because I couldn't move fast enough. Anyway, this happened 3-4 times until I totally lost my balance, the wave took me out and then PLOP, dumped me up on the sand like a freakin' beached whale. I tried to get up and couldn't, and got washed out again with the next wave, and then plopped on the beach again. My husband ran up and helped me up before the wave took me out again. It was truly horrible. And that was about 5 years before I got the band! I'd almost forgotten about it, but it's good to remember. It sounds kind of humorous when I'm writing this, but it so really wasn't.

I was thinking that I hadn't had any truly embarrassing moments until I read the thread about the beach. We were in Nassau, it was really rough getting out of the waves and onto the beach. I managed to do it every time except once. The waves threw me up on the beach and every time I tried to get up another wave would knock me down and rolled me further down the beach, it was exhausting. And with every roll I could feel the bottom of my bathing suit inching closer and closer to the crack of my butt. I'm not sure if I was more worried about that sight than me rolling down the beach. By the time I got the strength to stand up my bathing suit bottom was tightly wedged, you know where. The cabana boys were laughing it up, glad I made their day. Omg how embarrassing.

I've broken so much furniture at friends homes I started buying chairs and such for me to sit on at their houses. When new friends first join our group sometimes they're perplexed why no matter where we meet there's a chair that is designated as "Fred's" chair even though no one else (including the host) has "assigned" seating.

Yes, been there on the turnstyles! How embarrassing is that!

I can't believe all of these stories, too funny I have to say we definitely all have a great sense of humor, I'm trying to think of some other incidents,I'm just drowning a blank.

I sat down and broke my cousins bed....I was mortified. Needless to say I'm careful about where I sit now. LOL