Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First one for May???

I'm supposed to get my first fill tomorrow...kind of freaked out...but I am getting super hungry now. Perhaps just a little fill? We'll see what's decided tomorrow.

I get my first fill tomorrow too! I'm nervous. I know I need one because I'm able to eat anything and I take too big of bites. Hope it goes well for the both of us!

I'm supposed to get my first fill tomorrow...kind of freaked out...but I am getting super hungry now. Perhaps just a little fill? We'll see what's decided tomorrow.

You will do great! The fills are a piece of cake. There's nothing to worry about good luck!!

That last post goes to you too drehn! :)

haha I guess I'm another member of the club for tomorrow... I'm not nervous about the procedure itself as I have already been poked in my port a couple of times during the first week... I am more nervous about having a repeat of my post op complications, not being able to swallow anything... although I'm sure they won't be too aggressive with the fill, hopefullly....

I think I will get my first fill on the 19th so y'all let me know how it goes! Cause I am a little nervous myself.

haha I guess I'm another member of the club for tomorrow... I'm not nervous about the procedure itself as I have already been poked in my port a couple of times during the first week... I am more nervous about having a repeat of my post op complications, not being able to swallow anything... although I'm sure they won't be too aggressive with the fill, hopefullly....

Ditto! It scares me that I will finally have a stuck episode after my fill. I don't want to experience that!!

Me either on the stuck part but I am looking forward to not caring about when my next bite of food is. I'm about to leave for my appointment...and I'm looking forward to it!!

Just got back from my appointment (BTW, it was the first one since surgery on May 6). I asked how much saline was put in my band during surgery. They said 6 cc. OMG!!! No wonder I didn't feel like eating for 2 weeks! I talked with the nurse practitioner about my eating habits, etc. She was going to give me a small fill, but then I said I didn't want one. She was happy to hear that because she really thinks I don't need one right now. Basically, just because I CAN eat anything and take big bites doesn't mean I SHOULD do that. She said even if I don't vomit or PB doesn't mean the pouch can't dilate. She also said putting Fluid in could make that worse and I still don't have to have the vomiting symptoms. I've been a little worried that damage can still be done even without the obvious symptoms.

So, it's back to following all the rules. Going back in 2 weeks to see how I'm doing.

My nurse couldn't find my port at first and then neither could my surgeon. They did locate it...after quite a few pokes...but they did say the first one is always the hardest. They were lovely to me...I had one cc put in and that should take me to about 4. Feeling full all day and loving it!!!!

My nurse couldn't find my port at first and then neither could my surgeon. They did locate it...after quite a few pokes...but they did say the first one is always the hardest. They were lovely to me...I had one cc put in and that should take me to about 4. Feeling full all day and loving it!!!!

That stinks that it took them a few pokes. We're you laying down? Do they offer it under fluoro? Glad they got it taken care of :) feeling feel is great, unfortunately my hunger had come back :(

Just got back from my appointment (BTW' date=' it was the first one since surgery on May 6). I asked how much saline was put in my band during surgery. They said 6 cc. OMG!!! No wonder I didn't feel like eating for 2 weeks! I talked with the nurse practitioner about my eating habits, etc. She was going to give me a small fill, but then I said I didn't want one. She was happy to hear that because she really thinks I don't need one right now. Basically, just because I CAN eat anything and take big bites doesn't mean I SHOULD do that. She said even if I don't vomit or PB doesn't mean the pouch can't dilate. She also said putting Fluid in could make that worse and I still don't have to have the vomiting symptoms. I've been a little worried that damage can still be done even without the obvious symptoms.

So, it's back to following all the rules. Going back in 2 weeks to see how I'm doing.[/quote']

Good for you to be in charge! :) I had 5cc put in at surgery and another 2cc with my first fill. I wish that I didn't feel like eating for two weeks haha I've been hungry since day 3 :)

My story is identical to Leanne's - with the multiple pokes etc. even funnier as we were there at the same time :) except for the fact that because I had no Fluid in the band (they had taken out 4ccs during my "emergency" the first week) they put in 2ccs. I was worried enough to stay in a hotel (I live two hours away) tonight to make sure I'm fine after the fill, but so far, so good... just hard to find something to eat in a restaurant!!

Just got back from my appointment (BTW, it was the first one since surgery on May 6). I asked how much saline was put in my band during surgery. They said 6 cc. OMG!!! No wonder I didn't feel like eating for 2 weeks! I talked with the nurse practitioner about my eating habits, etc. She was going to give me a small fill, but then I said I didn't want one. She was happy to hear that because she really thinks I don't need one right now. Basically, just because I CAN eat anything and take big bites doesn't mean I SHOULD do that. She said even if I don't vomit or PB doesn't mean the pouch can't dilate. She also said putting Fluid in could make that worse and I still don't have to have the vomiting symptoms. I've been a little worried that damage can still be done even without the obvious symptoms.

So, it's back to following all the rules. Going back in 2 weeks to see how I'm doing.

wow... 6ccs is a lot! No wonder indeed you weren't hungry for a long time!! sounds like you made the right choice to keep things as they are for now :)

Hi I was banded today .. I had my fern is repaired as well.. Hope to hear you are doing great ! Wow almost a month for you .. Are u still on mushy solids ?? I want that book as well can u send the link ... Hey did u have a low grade temp after surgery.. Mine is 99.9... Sorry for all the ??? Thanks