Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First one for May???

Yes, for sure it does help to hear from others - I'm getting a bit scared about the surgery so it's good hear updates and have some idea of what it will be like!

Day 2 post op. Left side pain, no incision leakage. Very sore back (from gas I believe) can't drink the Protein Shake I'm suppose to drink. Just trying to sip Water & Jello.< /p>

Day 2 post op. Left side pain, no incision leakage. Very sore back (from gas I believe) can't drink the Protein shake I'm suppose to drink. Just trying to sip Water & Jello.

My back hurt yesterday (2 day post op) also. It hurt much worse than shoulder pain. A heating pad didn't help either. Today I haven't had any back pain. Hope that's the same for you.

I had mine done yesterday and pretty much slept all day. I'm really not having any gas pains- the only time it huts is when I lie down or stand up,but even that is better than t was. I took 2 pain pills yesterday, but haven't taken any today. I may do one before I go to bed to help me sleep, I went out today and walked around Lowes and Walmart with my mother today- was exhausted when I got home, but it felt good to get up.

Had my surgery the 7th. Feeling good overall. Still sore especially at the port incision. Been up and walking every couple of hours so no gas pain =D

Water, some Protein Shakes, and sf Popsicles are my saving grace right now. Not really hungry but making myself drink something to stay hydrated. Lost 15lbs during the pre op diet and a few more today. I'm ready to be healed up and move forward in this new chapter of my life.

Good luck to those in recovery and those who are still waiting. It will be here and over before you know it. I was terrified to go under but it really was nothing. First procedure I have ever had and not really anything scary about it.

Had other sleep study an it suck. But I got good news it official it go for May 30th. All my test result came back normal. So happy I can start lose weight soon. I also want to put congrats out to are Governor of NJ for choose the lap-band surgery

Had my surgery the 7th. Feeling good overall. Still sore especially at the port incision. Been up and walking every couple of hours so no gas pain =D

Water, some Protein Shakes, and sf Popsicles are my saving grace right now. Not really hungry but making myself drink something to stay hydrated. Lost 15lbs during the pre op diet and a few more today. I'm ready to be healed up and move forward in this new chapter of my life.

Good luck to those in recovery and those who are still waiting. It will be here and over before you know it. I was terrified to go under but it really was nothing. First procedure I have ever had and not really anything scary about it.

I agree I am also May 7th and felling pretty good. The port incision is the one that bothers me the most, but even that isn't too bad. .I haven't been hungry either, but trying to do my Protein shakes as much as possible. I'm ready for next Wednesday when I go get these staples out!!!

Day 5 post op and I feel the best I've felt so far! I was able to sleep only stomach with no pain! It's tricky but can be done Lol. My incisions are looking very good. A little gas pain still (mainly when I eat), still not 100% energy wise but getting better every day! I feel like I'm in the home stretch healing wise and that feels good. I'm able to eat/drink with no problems. Well minus the occasional shoulder/gas pain, but it's not overpowering. I'm very happy with my recovery so far and can honestly say that it hasn't been as bad as I had anticipated! Good luck everyone!! Btw sorry that I have posted updates throughout several May threads, it's hard for me to keep track of! Lol

I'm with u Creekwood. I slept in my bed for the first time last nite since having the surgery Monday. Very happy about that. Just a little gas still roaming around lol. I actually applied muscle relaxing patching to my back last nite. It truly helped to move the gas around. I'm actually going to drive & walk around the store today. I go back to work Monday so I'm really hoping this wknd is good. Oh, I have pain if I laugh too hard. Anybody else experience that? (5 day post op & counting) Going to try to get more Protein today. Still on liquids til Monday. Can't wait for puree foods :-)

I'm with u Creekwood. I slept in my bed for the first time last nite since having the surgery Monday. Very happy about that. Just a little gas still roaming around lol. I actually applied muscle relaxing patching to my back last nite. It truly helped to move the gas around. I'm actually going to drive & walk around the store today. I go back to work Monday so I'm really hoping this wknd is good. Oh, I have pain if I laugh too hard. Anybody else experience that? (5 day post op & counting) Going to try to get more Protein today. Still on liquids til Monday. Can't wait for puree foods :-)

I have slept in my bed every night except the first. If I had a recliner I definitely would have slept in that, but I don't. That's good that you got something for your back, I know it's been bothering you. I drove my son to school today and will be driving to pick him here in a couple hours. Yes, if I laugh too hard it does cause some pain, same with sneezing. I did that twice yesterday, it wasn't fun! Hoping this weekend is good for you! :)

Yes my back had been the majority of my discomfort. Glad I'm not alone with the pain when laughing. Definitely hoping this wknd is great, for us both.

Yes my back had been the majority of my discomfort. Glad I'm not alone with the pain when laughing. Definitely hoping this wknd is great' date=' for us both.[/quote']

ANewMe and Creekwood I know I have sneezed EXACTLY 6 times since my surgery :-) I am trying hard to avoid them now. Laughing also hurts but strangely so does talking for extended periods of time. It's Day 8 for me and I am feeling great. I fully encourage anyone that is on the fence about this surgery to do it. While the recovery was uncomfortable at times it was nowhere near as painful as I originally thought. Good luck to all!

ANewMe and Creekwood I know I have sneezed EXACTLY 6 times since my surgery :-) I am trying hard to avoid them now. Laughing also hurts but strangely so does talking for extended periods of time. It's Day 8 for me and I am feeling great. I fully encourage anyone that is on the fence about this surgery to do it. While the recovery was uncomfortable at times it was nowhere near as painful as I originally thought. Good luck to all!

You know it hurts when you know exactly how many times you have sneezed Lol I agree the recovery hasn't been as bad as I had anticipated. Feeling pretty good today! (Day 5)

Hello everyone, i just had my lap band surgery on wednesday may 8th.. so i am 2 days post op. Feeling okay, just experiencing alot of pain from the gas. im looking forward to experiecing this journey with everyone. :)

Hello all... I had my EDG today and of course they found a hernia that will be repaired at the time of surgery which is May 28th. I Start pre op diet of Protein Shake and two small meals consisting of meat and vegetables. On May 14th. Is this the same diet that you all have been able to lose weight before surgery.

Also, I am relatively new to the forum, however; kudos to those of you who have been successful thus far. You all are truly inspirational.