Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First one for May???

Hello all... I had my EDG today and of course they found a hernia that will be repaired at the time of surgery which is May 28th. I Start pre op diet of Protein Shake and two small meals consisting of meat and vegetables. On May 14th. Is this the same diet that you all have been able to lose weight before surgery.

Also, I am relatively new to the forum, however; kudos to those of you who have been successful thus far. You all are truly inspirational.

That sounds exactly like the pre op diet I had. I'll be honest though...the second week I went straight Atkins (less than 20 grams of carbs) because I didn't want to drink another Protein shake knowing I would have to after surgery. I lost 12 lbs pre op so I think it was ok. Good luck!

Good evening everyone! Im closing in on day 3 post op. Today was a great day for me. I was able to do alot of walking today. Went to balboa park here in San Diego and walked around the art fair. It definitely took my mind off some of the lingering pain I still have from the gas. My surgery date was may 8th. I lost 11 pounds from my pre op diet and im sure a few more since then. I have been sticking to chicken broth, crystal light and Jello and lots of Water. Im trying to not take as much pain meds because I feel they make me somewhat dizzy but it also helps with the pain so its a love hate relationship. How is everyone else feeling today? Im so thankful for this site.

My surgery was May 9th. I've had a really positive experience so far. The gas pain was rough the first few hours. I really haven't been that sore. Just a little uncomfortable. Today has been a really good day. I slept we'll last night and am looking forward to making progress. I've lost 7 lbs since Thursday so that is exciting. Thanks for all the updates. I wish u all the best.

lucky Charm we are only a day apart! how exciting! so glad everything Is going Smoothly for you! :)

Hello everyone, I will officially start pre op diet on Tuesday. Just curious to know if anyone combined exercise with the pre op diet? Also, any suggestions on what vegetables you all had with your 2-4oz of Protein?

You all really don't know how much just reading about your experiences help.

Anyone to be banded on May 28th?

Hello everyone' date=' I will officially start pre op diet on Tuesday. Just curious to know if anyone combined exercise with the pre op diet? Also, any suggestions on what vegetables you all had with your 2-4oz of Protein?

You all really don't know how much just reading about your experiences help.

Anyone to be banded on May 28th?[/quote']

I didn't exercise the first week because I often felt weak/tired. But, during the second week I was able to exercise and I feel that it helped a lot. I lost around 16 pounds on my two week pre-op diet!! I loved cauliflower, green Beans and collard greens. I was allowed any non-starchy vegetables. Good luck!! The pre-op diet can be tough but it is worth it! I was banded on Monday May 6th and feel great! I have lost and additional 6 pounds since my surgery a week ago!

Hello all.... I am entering my next phase which is the pre op diet. I will start today. I did join the gym today and exercised for 30minutes. Boy am I out of shape! Had a few food funerals today as I said goodbye to my coke zero, sweets and carbs. This is where I can use all the words of wisdom, encouragement and support.

I hope I am half as successful as those of you who have lost weight on the pre op diet. Will keep you all posted. I will be on the other side effective May 28th. Again kudos to each of you.

Hello all.... I am entering my next phase which is the pre op diet. I will start today. I did join the gym today and exercised for 30minutes. Boy am I out of shape! Had a few food funerals today as I said goodbye to my coke zero' date=' sweets and carbs. This is where I can use all the words of wisdom, encouragement and support.

I hope I am half as successful as those of you who have lost weight on the pre op diet. Will keep you all posted. I will be on the other side effective May 28th. Again kudos to each of you.[/quote']

I am 12 days post-op and would just encourage you for your pre-op diet to really take it one day at a time! You will make it through. Also, I would not recommend starting a workout routine at this time- I had been working out for a year prior to pre-op and had to cut out several days of gym due to lack of energy! Good luck!

Thanks DMJ 0340 for those words of wisdom and encouragement. You are so right. After going to the gym yesterday, I did not feel like going today. I don't think I over did it but rather today I lacked energy. The first day of pre op has been hell. I thought about food all day long. I had 4oz of tilapia, Green Beans and broccoli. I ended of with 3 Protein Shakes for today. Didn't feel like I had enough food. Oh well... I am taking your advice of one day at a time. Thanks again. Stay in touch.

Hello all.... I am entering my next phase which is the pre op diet. I will start today. I did join the gym today and exercised for 30minutes. Boy am I out of shape! Had a few food funerals today as I said goodbye to my coke zero' date=' sweets and carbs. This is where I can use all the words of wisdom, encouragement and support.

I hope I am half as successful as those of you who have lost weight on the pre op diet. Will keep you all posted. I will be on the other side effective May 28th. Again kudos to each of you.[/quote']

The pre-op diet is tough. It serves a purpose and it accomplishes what it's meant to (to shrink your liver, lose weight). I lost 16 pounds in two weeks!! But, it's very hard to get through the pre-op diet. BUT you can and will do it!! If I can anyone can :) I think everyone is different when it comes to exercising. I felt very weak for the first 5 days on mine and didn't exercise at all. By the second week I was feeling great and exercised daily. I feel like this helped me a lot with losing weight and it made me feel better overall. Do what you can do but don't kill yourself. If you are like me your energy will be back for the second week. Good luck!! It's tough but try to keep busy and drink tons of Water, it helped me!

i am schedule for May 30th

Me 2 :)

I had my nutrition class and I start my pre op diet on may 23

I had my nutrition class and I start my pre op diet on may 23

Good luck! It's rough at first, but it will be over before you know it. :)

Just wanted to check in. I'm 10 days post-op and feel great! No gas pain, incisions are tender but don't hurt. I lost 16 on Pre-op, 11 since surgery and 20 on my own before Pre-op. 47 in the last few months. I just had my blood pressure medicine dosage cut in half, and might even be taken off of it in the next couple weeks! My nutritionist is ecstatic with how I have done! If you are on the Pre-op or dreading it know this, you CAN do it! It's tough, but so worth it! Trust me I know it sucks! I once got snuck in the kitchen opened up a leftover pizza box and ripped off the topping to scarf them down (I justified it by saying I wasn't eating the bread aka carbs Lol), and just as I went to put them in my mouth I realized how crazy I looked sneaking pizza toppings in the middle of the night! Lol I tell you this because although I have done well I am FAR from perfect. You don't get to 369 pounds by having self control. I wanted to give up at one point of the Pre-op, day screw this this isn't for me.. I can't tell me how glad I am that I didn't!!! Good luck! If you have any questions PM me or reply. I'm rooting for every single one of us!

Just wanted to check in. I'm 10 days post-op and feel great! No gas pain' date=' incisions are tender but don't hurt. I lost 16 on Pre-op, 11 since surgery and 20 on my own before Pre-op. 47 in the last few months. I just had my blood pressure medicine dosage cut in half, and might even be taken off of it in the next couple weeks! My nutritionist is ecstatic with how I have done! If you are on the Pre-op or dreading it know this, you CAN do it! It's tough, but so worth it! Trust me I know it sucks! I once got snuck in the kitchen opened up a leftover pizza box and ripped off the topping to scarf them down (I justified it by saying I wasn't eating the bread aka carbs Lol), and just as I went to put them in my mouth I realized how crazy I looked sneaking pizza toppings in the middle of the night! Lol I tell you this because although I have done well I am FAR from perfect. You don't get to 369 pounds by having self control. I wanted to give up at one point of the Pre-op, day screw this this isn't for me.. I can't tell me how glad I am that I didn't!!! Good luck! If you have any questions PM me or reply. I'm rooting for every single one of us![/quote']

Its really great!! I'm the three days post op and I'm feeling great! No gas pain either...and as of this morning I've lost 24 lbs. Every time I go pee I seem to lose another pound! I know this isn't going to last forever so I'm enjoying this post op liquid diet very much. The rapid weight loss is very motivating!

Still no feelings of hunger...wow...this is the best decision I've ever made. Shouldn't require any pain meds today either. woooohoooo!!

If anyone is on the fence...or having a tough time with preop hang in there...this is so exciting!!