Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First one for May???

I have been on medifast/health wise products and SF Popsicles/jello. They are all very low in carbs w/ no sugar. As of yesterday I'm allowed to eat a very lean meat' date=' non-starchy vegetable and salad daily. Good luck!![/quote']

Thanks Creekwood! I made it through and was banded on Friday. Good luck to you. Some of our comment are on the Day 1 Post op thread now!

35 more hours for me- 7AM on Tuesday!!! Getting nervous because I have never had surgery before- but the excitement of a new me is winning over the nervousness.

Jenna let me know how you are doing after I have to be there at 630 but who knows when the surgery will be.

Best of luck!

Sure will- you too!!! We are going in about the same time so it will be good to keep in touch on how we are doing! I;m also interested to hear from all the people that are going tomorrow!

I was banded today and so far feel great! I had some gas pain/ incision/port pain earlier. BUT, it was never very bad. I'm just relaxing, sipping on Water, eating SF Popsicles, watching the REDS beat the Braves (hopefully!), and walking, walking, walking! When my gas pains were at their worst I walked around a while, took a gas x strip, moved my shoulders around, lifted my arms above my head and moved them around. It definitely helped. But, I realize that I have been very lucky so far! Good luck everyone!!

I saw your post, Creekwood, on another thread - glad you have updated us and that everything went well :)

I'm starting to get nervous about the actual surgery part now that I am adapting to the pre-op diet... by the way, you were right about it getting easier. This is day 7 and I am not nearly as cranky, emotional, or hungry.

take care and hope you continue to feel better.

Well May banders, here is my experience post-op. The first 30ish minutes of recovery were worse than I thought. It was hard to breathe because of the gas on my chest and you can't get up and walk in recovery. My throat was so dry it was hard to swallow, but ice chips cured that. My advice, ask for ice chips right away. The worst is the pain in my abdomen near my port (I think). It feels like a really bad pulled muscle. I'm assuming that's because they have to cut into the muscle to add the port. At least I'm hoping that's what it is. I'm not hungry, but very thirsty. With all that said, I'm so glad I did this.

Fellow newly banders, please let me know if you are feeling the same type of pain in your abdomen.

One more thing I forgot. As they were rolling me to my room I got VERY nauseous. Luckily I was able to keep it from coming all the way up. I wanted to vomit so bad because the compulsion was so bad, but I'm glad I didn't. Then in the last 5 mins. on the ride home home (it was a 45 min drive) it happened again. I was able to stop it again. My trick? I kept swallowing and told myself "you are not going to puke". Maybe it was mind over matter!

thanks for the update. I have eagerly been waiting to hear from several people how their surgery went! I'm very happy the procedure went well overall for you despite some of the yucky feelings afterwards. The difficulty breathing sounds a bit scary, though!!

Thanks for the heads up - esp. about the ice chips for the nausea. I am having just day surgery, staying in a hotel for the night then have a two hour drive home the next day, so it helps a lot to hear your solution.

sending you best wishes for your recovery :)

Well May banders' date=' here is my experience post-op. The first 30ish minutes of recovery were worse than I thought. It was hard to breathe because of the gas on my chest and you can't get up and walk in recovery. My throat was so dry it was hard to swallow, but ice chips cured that. My advice, ask for ice chips right away. The worst is the pain in my abdomen near my port (I think). It feels like a really bad pulled muscle. I'm assuming that's because they have to cut into the muscle to add the port. At least I'm hoping that's what it is. I'm not hungry, but very thirsty. With all that said, I'm so glad I did this.

Fellow newly banders, please let me know if you are feeling the same type of pain in your abdomen.[/quote']

Like you when I woke up I couldn't take very deep breaths and actually told them "I feel like I can't breathe". But, mine only lasted maybe five minutes. Once I was able to take the oxygen mask off I had a couple of deep coughs which helped A LOT! My nurse had ice chips ready for me! I was so thirsty!! They were so good! I have the same pain near the port area. They told me this is normal. Mine isn't horrible, but really the only pain that I have right now. When I go to get off couch or bed all my incisions hurt , but it's not unbearable. It feels like they are stretching. Sorry your experience was rough. Like you, I'm very glad that I did this!

Also I had no nausea whatsoever (lucky me). One young that I'm very happy that I did was take a pillow with me for the hour car ride. I held it pressed against my stomach with with arms over top, it felt good!

Also I had no nausea whatsoever (lucky me). One young that I'm very happy that I did was take a pillow with me for the hour car ride. I held it pressed against my stomach with with arms over top' date=' it felt good![/quote']

Oh yes...I almost forgot about that! I will remember to pack my pillow now.

I brought a pillow with me as well but put it behind my back on the ride home. .. very comfy

How much did u lose for the preop diet. Did u have it yet

Two days post op and I'm feeling much better. This morning was rough. I think the swelling is worse in the morning because it was hard to get liquids down to take my pain meds. I really want to stop taking the medicine, but I'm pretty sure that's what keeps me from feeling bad. Pain is still in the left side of my abdomen (like a pulled muscle), but I think the gas pain is pretty much over. I hope this helps those of you not banded yet. I know it makes me feel better when I hear other people feel the same way post op. :)