Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help!! Do I Give The Old Clothing Away????

I of course make myself so angry sometimes. I Don't Shop Cheap! I Love To Buy Expensive Clothing Since I Work So Hard!! I At Least Feel I Deserve That!! Well Anyways The Problem Is Now That I Lost All This Weight, I am not sure if I want to give the clothing away or donate them for fear, I might need the size 18, 22 and 24 Clothing again!! I am now a size 14 Since Lap Banded in June and That now feels too big!!! I trust myself to not get that size again but fear that I may need those clothing again in the future!! :ph34r: :blink::wacko: :wacko:

Git rid of those clothes woman! :D I donate all of my unused stuff, clothes or whatever, to the disabled vets organization in town. They have a shop were they sell stuff and the money in turn goes to help disabled vets. I get rid of my clothes as soon as they get a little too big. Helps keep me motivated knowing I don't want to spend more money on clothes again cause I got big.

Keeping my fat clothes would be like giving myself permission to get fat again. No way! All fat clothes are gone.

Keeping my fat clothes would be like giving myself permission to get fat again. No way! All fat clothes are gone.

if they are expensive maybe some of your favorite pieces can be altered. I have gotten rid of everything except for one pair of size 22 jeans that were pretty snug right before surgery. I keep it so I can compare to my current size pants!

Absolutely need to get them out of your house! Whether you sell them, donate them, or send them to someone on Lapbandtalk (like I did) - get them out! Although I wish I had saved just 1 pair of my size 22 jeans - just to compare my size 8's to them! I didn't keep 1 thing.

I recently gained a few lbs and had to go to the Goodwill for size 10 jeans (most of my clothes still fit, just a few pairs of jeans don't). For a second I thought about all those clothes I had given away and rethought it. It wou;'ve given my the permission to gain all that weight back. This way, I really can't afford to buy all new BIGGER clothes, so I had better stay in the ones I have!

Good luck to you! There's a clothing exchange board on Lapbandtalk if you'd like to either exchange them, try to sell them, or just give them away! Try there...

Marci

Have the really nice pieces altered and give the rest away, now get going hugs

I had the high expectations once myself of never returning to larger clothes. It worked for 4 years! Then life happened and I started gaining weight! Well, guess what??? Just because I gave away my "fat" clothes it didn't stop me from gaining 30 pounds! I would have to say, keep 2 sizes up! If your in a 14 now, keep your 16 and 18. When you go to 12 get rid of the 18 and so on.......its easy to say to get rid of it all, but I am a Michael kors fan and can spend as much as $300.00 a sweater and over $100.00 on a pair of pants! I did have some of my favorite jackets altered! It was brutal to have to go out and purchase clothes again that I didn't plan on wearing for very long! Just my opinion!! Life isn't always perfect, but keeping some clothes if you have room to store it isn't going to sabotage your weight loss! However, if you shop like I do, it could sabotage your wallet!!! LOL

Do you go to support meetings? Somebody there could probably use them. Maybe some one that is struggling that could never afford good quality clothing.

I donated all of my big clothes. It was sad, yet therapeutic. That girl is gone, and never coming back!!!

But... I did keep 2 pairs of jeans from when I was my heaviest, as well as the tshirt I wore on surgery day.

This is the one thing i am really struggling with...i have some hoarding issues to go along with it..its really a stress issue...but i am hoping to do clothing exchange or sale or alter some of my favorite pieces...i feel for u and totally know what ur going through...

Thanks All for the Support!! Hugs to all of you! The Big Clothing Goes in the Donation Bin!! Its Settled!!!

This is a rule with me, clothing that is too large is moved out of the house as soon as possible. I can not afford (mentally) to make provision for failure in my life.

I took pictures of some of my favorite big girl clothes. With close ups of the size tags.

Then I donated them all to Goodwill. It seems there are are plenty of people out there who can use them.

Also, got a tax receipt.

Thanks All for the Support!! Hugs to all of you! The Big Clothing Goes in the Donation Bin!! Its Settled!!!

I donated everything on my way down. I also tried to buy cheap on my way down--thrift stores, consignment stores, garage sales--because at the rate I was going, I wasn't going to be wearing them for long anyway. We have a plus-sized consignment store here in town. If you had expensive clothes,it might be easier to part with them if you thought you could recoup some of your money by selling them through consignment. Personally, I hated my fat-camouflaging clothes and was happy to say good-bye to them! I think it's good psychic karma to say "Out with the old! In with the new!" :)