Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No longer interested in food!!

Hi was banded two weeks ago and since then I have lost my appetite completely! Never thought id say that!! Know this is kind of the idea and not complaining but is this normal before a fill? I can drink liquids fine and having Soups etc but just not interested in anything! I'm only having it as I need the calories! I was expecting to be a bit hungry by now as my pain has gone has anyone else found this? Going for band assessment in 3 weeks I'm assuming I don't need a fill then?! Happy but baffled lol :)

Oh dont worry you will get hungry again I can almost guarentee it lol

I don't feel hungry either and then when I eat I feel like it goes down done then 1 to 2 hours later it wants to come up and sometimes it does. I need to chew more and eat slower I think. Smh this part sucks.

It's so strange I don't mind this it isn't a bad feeling as I can get stuff down ok and it doesn't hurt or anything but I'm bad at getting my calories in! I'm was force fed today by my mum as I got to 4pm and hadn't had anything no wonder I'm sooo tired! Just after years of being hungry constantly its weird!

I wish I had no interest or no hunger! Lucky you! ;)

That's wonderful! I wish I didn't have an interest in food. I'm 2 days post op and I am starting to crave food. I don't know if it's hunger or habit though but chicken breast, an omelette, egg salad.. It just sounds delicious!

I still crave food but tiny portions are filling me up now. Anything from a 1/4 to 1/2 cup of any one thing usually keeps me full for hours now.

That is what the band will do...at east for me...but it took a few months to get to that point......you're experiencing it now....it may drift away, hopefully not....there are people who can go for a very long time without getting much of a fill.....

Green Zone says "No Hunger"

Does not say anything about being full.....although I hear people say that all the time....but I have never felt full...impossible for me because I cannot eat enough food for that "Old" unbuckle my pants feeling.....(only if I have more than 1 beer, it gets close)

When the band is working, it sends a signal to the brain, telling your brain that you are full...and that you have no desire to eat anymore....thus the "Lack of Interest" in food....WITHOUT actually FEELING full.....It's hard to explain to some, but I don't know how else to describe it....

I have to remind myself that I need to eat most times, especially when I am pre occupied with some other activity....

I have been NOT BEEN HUNGRY.....have had NO INTEREST in food, for well over 1-1/2 years now....THAT'S a characteristic of being in the Green.....

I have never sold the band short....I wanted..and have received, EVERYTHING I was told the band was designed to do......

Of course, the band is adjustable and I could determine where I want to be with it...but I wanted it all.....

Don't sell the band short......

Hi was banded two weeks ago and since then I have lost my appetite completely! Never thought id say that!! Know this is kind of the idea and not complaining but is this normal before a fill? I can drink liquids fine and having Soups etc but just not interested in anything! I'm only having it as I need the calories! I was expecting to be a bit hungry by now as my pain has gone has anyone else found this? Going for band assessment in 3 weeks I'm assuming I don't need a fill then?! Happy but baffled lol :)

Yes, I was the same for the first month till hunger returned. Remember this feeling ( that's what my surgeon said), this is wait you will also be aiming for if you do need fills eventually.

This is what the band is supposed to do. It's so hard going grocery shopping when you feel this way too, unless I have a list I will walk out with an empty trolley. Who woulda thought that ever possible!

Yes, I was the same for the first month till hunger returned. Remember this feeling ( that's what my surgeon said), this is wait you will also be aiming for if you do need fills eventually.

This is what the band is supposed to do. It's so hard going grocery shopping when you feel this way too, unless I have a list I will walk out with an empty trolley. Who woulda thought that ever possible!

I love that...."Remember this feeling"

Also, I agree...I will stand and stare into the refrigerator and forget what I'm looking for....I guess I do it out of old habit...but staring I see nothing that I really want.....and realize I'm not hungry and really don't need anything........

ohhhhhh you guys are making me excited to get there.....I am soooo close but just not quite there :) Thanks for your great posts B52 about the green zone!

I am so glad I went through with this I was a big binge eater it was making my life miserable I said to doctor it's not so much about me losing weight its about feeling in control a bit and for first time in years I do!! The weight loss is a bonus :)

I pretty much could care less what I eat... And I am in my 3rd year and maintaining. I was very stict with myself in the losing stage so really learned that food is just fuel. And another activity gives me as much pleasure as eating used to.

I do crave certain things every once in a while and I will have a bite or two sometimes and that will be that. However there are still some foods I think I want but avoid for the health of my band.... I find when I go through the thought process I really don't want them at all.

Your lucky, I hope that happens to me. I was banded in January 28 and on feb 1st began a two week Protein Shake only diet. I wouldn't say I'm hungry but I just want food, I am chalking It up to the "crazies" w food leaving my head:)

Lucky you! I'm 8 days post op, and while I don't feel physically hungry and am totally struggling to get enough calories/protein in...My 'brain hunger' is UNREAL! Everything looks insanely delicious to me right now for some reason!!