Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is there a problem here?

Ok here goes..

I had been in denial about how much I was vomiting(my roommate reminded me)I was throwing up meds and Water at times

In the last two weeks I fainted twice.

I landed in ER and was diagnosed with vasovagal syncope and my pcp said I was extremely dehydrated.

After some introspectal thinking, I have come to the realization that I am totally turned off by food unless it is sweet and junky.

I usually do Greek yogurts with babybel and granola for lunch and dinner and a Protein Shake for Breakfast I am getting really tired of what I eat.. Any suggestions for a low maintenance preferably no cooking meal plan?

I do see a therapist and IM working with her. I just find yogurts so vile right now and will put anything else in my mouth

Went to surgeon today for unfill. Injured my knee and foot unable to exercise :-(

Thanks for letting me put this out there...

-Mary

wow, that is alot going on. i am sad to read it.

your health is everything..its all you got so you need to make it a priority.

please continue with your counselor as that is a wonderful thing and its nice to have

someone to confide in and talk to.

eating yoghurt, and drinking for meals is not a way to live.

eating small amounts of food is the way to go. just my opinion.

and eating sweet/junky food is what made you and i need WLS surgery to begin with.

until you are ready to change what you eat and follow a nutritional (diet) plan, i dont

know what will happen. i know i sound mean and i am sorry, but you have to change to make this band work and until you do, it wont work.

This isn't exactly what you asked, but you need to make your surgeon aware you're having vasovagal syncope. Vasovagal syncope is typically caused when the vagus nerve is over stimulated. The Lap Band effects the vagus nerve directly and may be causing your vasovagal syncope.

Carolina,

I plan on making an appt for a nutritionist this week..I need options on what to eat..thanks for your post miz, I saw the surgeon and gave him the paperwork from my pcp I had an autonomic nervous system test and told him they said at ER it was basketball syncope thanks

Vasovagal syncope

I agree that is a lot going on. Honesty with yourself and your healthcare providers is essential.

As far as getting bored with what you eat - I would get bored with that menu too! Visit the recipe forums, Pinterest, or local support group meetings. Promise yourself to cook once a week....and try a new recipe each time. Practice eating out (print out one of those restaurant cards).

And you may not be able to exercise your lower half with a knee injury but you can still lift weights with your arms or do stretches.

Make a plan - set some short term, non-scale goals.

That's my advice. Good luck!

What about tuna salad, chicken salad, cottage cheese, or if you like veggie burgers morning star makes a great black bean burger you can throw in the microwave. You can microwave eggs if you get the right containers. oatmeal, refried Beans.

I use a crock pot often. I make chili and freeze it and take it to work. I also make Soups. Salads, lunch meat. There is so much out there you dont have to cook but a crock pot sounds like something that would be good for you right now

When I had exercise restrictions, I went on YouTube and searched chair yoga. You can do it sitting! Great stretching and gets you doing something.

I am glad that you are taking steps to make necessary changes. ;)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Aunty Mamo

Iʻm roughly 6 weeks post-op this morning and have begun to feel like a normal human, with a normal human body again. I started introducing solid foods and pill forms of medications/supplements a couple of weeks ago and it's really amazing to eat meals with my family again, despite the fact that my portions are so much smaller than theirs. 
      I live on the island of Oʻahu and spend a lot of time in the water- for exercise, for play,  and for spiritual & mental health. The day I had my month out appointment with my surgeon, I packed all my gear in my truck, anticipating his permission to get back in the ocean. The minute I walked out of that hospital I drove straight to the shore and got in that water. Hallelujah! My appointment was at 10 am. I didn't get home until after 5 pm. 
      I'm down 31 pounds since the day of surgery and 47 since my pre-op diet began, with that typical week long stall occurring at three weeks. I'm really starting to see some changes lately- some of my clothing is too big, some fits again. The most drastic changes I notice however are in my face. I've also noticed my endurance and flexibility increasing. I was really starting to be held up physically, and I'm so grateful that I'm seeing that turn around in such short order. 
      My general disposition lately is hopeful and motivated. The only thing that bugs me on a daily basis still is the way those supplements make my house smell. So stink! But I just bought a smell proof bag online that other people use to put their pot in. My house doesn't stink anymore. 

· 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Oh yeah, something I wanted to rant about, a billing dispute that cropped up 3 months ago.
      Surgery was in August of 2023. A bill shows up for over $7,000 in January. WTF? I asks myself. I know that I jumped through all of the insurance hoops and verified this and triple checked that, as did the surgeon's office. All was set, and I paid all of the known costs before surgery.
      A looong story short, is that an assistant surgeon that was in the process of accepting money from my insurance company touched me while I was under anesthesia. That is what the bill was for. But hey, guess what? Some federal legislation was enacted last year to help patients out when they cannot consent to being touched by someone out of their insurance network. These types of bills fall under something called, "surprise billing," and you don't have to put up with it.
      https://www.cms.gov/nosurprises
      I had to make a lot of phone calls to both the surgeon's office and the insurance company and explain my rights and what the maximum out of pocket costs were that I could be liable for. Also had to remind them that it isn't my place to be taking care of all of this and that I was going to escalate things if they could not play nice with one another.
      Quick ending is that I don't have to pay that $7,000+. Advocate, advocate, advocate for yourself no matter how long it takes and learn more about this law if you are ever hit with a surprise bill.
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Some days I feel like an infiltrator... I'm participating in society as a "thin" person. They have no idea that I haven't always been one of them! 🤣
      · 0 replies
    • ChunkCat

Thank you everyone for your well wishes! I totally forgot I wrote an update here... I'm one week post op today. I gained 15 lbs in water weight overnight because they had to give me tons of fluids to bring my BP up after surgery! I stayed one night in the hospital. Everything has been fine except I seem to have picked up a bug while I was there and I've been running a low grade fever, coughing, and a sore throat. So I've been hydrating well and sleeping a ton. So far the Covid tests are negative.
      I haven't been able to advance my diet past purees. Everything I eat other than tofu makes me choke and feels like trying to swallow rocks. They warned me it would get worse before it gets better, so lets hope this is all normal. I have my follow up on Monday so we'll see. Living on shakes and soup again is not fun. I had enough of them the first time!! LOL 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches