Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2013 Surgery Dates?

I'm getting banded today 3/20/13. I had a previous band date of 2/13/13, but my primary Dr. wanted more test due to X-rays showing an enlarged heart. All is well with the stress test and the sonogram. I'm scared, nervous and excited. I'm ready to turn the page and start a new chapter.

Blood sugar levels are under control, discontinued metformin last night.

Just a shower and hour away!!

I'm getting banded today 3/20/13. I had a previous band date of 2/13/13' date=' but my primary Dr. wanted more test due to X-rays showing an enlarged heart. All is well with the stress test and the sonogram. I'm scared, nervous and excited. I'm ready to turn the page and start a new chapter.[/quote']

Good luck!

Appointment was at 9:15am, got prepped and wheeled to the OR at just after 11.

Everything went blank, anesthesia hit me good... Lol.

Got to recovery, and had a bit of pain. So, i was given a little morphine. Did barium swallow and got dressed. Drank some Water and took gas-x. They told me that I had a small hernia. I even got a picture of my hernia and band!

Walked around a bit. They walked me to the car and the wife took me to Target to get my prescriptions. I already wanted to walk, so I walked into the Target and sat in the little restaurant area while she gathered everything. Felt good to walk.

My discomfort from the gas is mainly in my collar bone areas. Kinda weird, feels like I was picked up by them... Haha

Not really nauseous, drinking water and mint tea. Ate a bit of Jello.< /p>

My big day is here, lay in bed just awaiting to be banded. I am second on list so two hours to go. Don't even feel nervous.

My big day is here' date=' lay in bed just awaiting to be banded. I am second on list so two hours to go. Don't even feel nervous.[/quote']

Good Luck! All will be ok!

Good luck Kai!

I hope you have a wonderful pre-op nurse like I did. Nurse Joy was very friendly and calmed my nerves.

Cully, thanks for the advice about the shoulder pains. Good to know I'm not the only one. I'm not 7 days post op and they finally went away. Still scared to wear a bra bc incision sites are on my bra line. Anyone else have this issue/fear?

How's everyone doing? 3 days post opp I was down another 5 lbs for a total of 20 with the pre opp, however I've lost nothing for the past week!!!!!! It's sooooooooo damn frustrating, as I've been around 1000 calories the past few days, ugh!!!! Please tell me I'm not alone...

Karen wear a sports bra and put a bandaid over that incision when u have to wear a bra. It helps.

I am at the end of post-op day 2. Not too much pain, still taking pain meds though. Discomfort around the port site. No nausea. Able to get more than 48 oz Water in, but only 2 8oz Protein shakes in.

I learned a hard lesson today. Do not under any circumstances use metamucil. I took too big of a drink and it got stuck. It pretty much ruined my day... Lol

Cully' date=' thanks for the advice about the shoulder pains. Good to know I'm not the only one. I'm not 7 days post op and they finally went away. Still scared to wear a bra bc incision sites are on my bra line. Anyone else have this issue/fear?[/quote']

At my clinic when i got undressed they gave me a sharpy to mark a line just where the bra sits so they can do the incision below it. And the shoulder pains omg 7 days later and i still have them, they are worse than the incision pain :/

5 days until March 27! Will have to get through 2 Passover dinners abstaining from food before then.

5 days until March 27! Will have to get through 2 Passover dinners abstaining from food before then.

I would go out of town and stay in a hotel where no one knows where I am!! That has to be the hardest thing, not eating at family gatherings.

Good luck on that!

Well I have been pretty bummed the past few days... My doctor called Wednesday and postponed my surgery date bc of a family emergency. He initially moved it to April 12 but called back yesterday and moved it to the 9th. Said he felt awful that he had to do that so wanted to get me in as soon as he could. I am feeling better about it now and know this all happened for a reason. So I guess I am no longer a march bandster and am now officially April.