Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need some food advice

Ok so I am on my mushie stage of the post op diet. I have permission to start working my way up the food line slowly.

I am scared to get too adventurous but I am getting sick of scrambled eggs, refriend Beans, and cottage cheese. I have been trying to google soft food recipes but everything that I CANT eat is popping up.

Any advice? What did you eat on your soft food/transition stage? I am really interested in the Proteins at this stage. I need to make sure I always eat my Protein first.

I eat lentils...string cheese...deli meat..

greek nonfat yogurt, wendy's chili, baked fish, all are good sources of Protein.< /p>

Chili in a blender, any meat in a blender chicken salad, tuna salad (I did alot of chicken in the blender w a bit of cheese and gravy), riccota and Pasta Sauce, well cooked Pasta.< /p>

Chunky soups/casseroles blended, and over time leaving more chunks, soggy Cereal, yoghurt with blended fruits, spaghetti mince

Ok thank you all! I just emailed my nutritionist to ask for a break down of what i am supposed to be getting in a day in regards to nutrients and calories. I can't tell if I am eating too much or not enough. My husband thinks I have lost my mind because of course I am not eating hardly anything. This is just a strange stage for me. I get hungry but then get full really fast.

I will look into your suggestions! Thank you! I guess I better develop a taste for fish.

Try some fish that isn't "fishy". Like maybe cod or swai, grouper, etc. You'll have to find the one you like and can eat easily. Put it in a skillet with some zero calorie parkay squirt "butter", add some seasonings you like and enjoy. Recently, Swai fish has become available readily in my area and its delicious.

I will definitely try that. I think it will just take a minute for me to get used to eating it in a healthy way. I used to eat fried fish but I never could get past the smell of the baked ones. I will look for the Swai. Thank you for your help!!

I still eat fried fish...its pretty much a "slider" for me. I just have to limit it.

I used to mix mashed potatoes, mashed broccoli and chicken that I minced...it was yummo after so many eggs and so much cottage cheese :)

I am going to Cheesecake factory tonight with a group of friends. My girl friend is having her "last meal" tonight lol. Whatever.. she is funny.

So I am going to try a baked fish. My question is do they ever reheat or should i just forget about that right off? I dont want it to be gross if I take it home and I will probably only eat about 3-4 ounces of it.