Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi guys! I'm on Day 11 of a 15-day pre-op and I'm down 28 pounds - 6 before the start of the diet and 22 on the diet. I've exceeded my own expectations. Just realized today that I got my BMI down under 50, so now I'm "only" morbidly obese, not SUPER morbidly obese - LOL. I'm at 306 this morning and hoping, praying, to get to "twoderland" before surgery day, next Wednesday. I think I can, I think I can!

What a great victory. You CAN do it.

WoW!! Great job! 4 more days to go! You can do it!

Congratulations. You are doing very well. Best of luck with your remaining days on the pre-op diet. For me, these few days after surgery have went by very fast! I am feeling pretty good today!

so happy for you this is going to be an exciting new life for you and your family. Teach them how to eat right now there are some great recieps.

Great Job! How exciting!! Good luck with your surgery!

I am so happy for you. Great job!!

Great Job !!! You can Do it!!!

What a great head start! 28 pounds is alot of weight....good for you. :)

Anyone that was/is successful at weightloss pre-op more power to you an im jealous. I told my Dr. if I was sucessful at any significant weightloss prior to LB, I would'nt be here meeting with you to began with. Does that make any sense??? In other words, if i could lose any decent weight in my own, I would just continue on without ever considering LB. thanks

Anyone that was/is successful at weightloss pre-op more power to you an im jealous. I told my Dr. if I was sucessful at any significant weightloss prior to LB' date=' I would'nt be here meeting with you to began with. Does that make any sense??? In other words, if i could lose any decent weight in my own, I would just continue on without ever considering LB. thanks[/quote']

Exactly.. During my 6 months before surgery i lost 6lbs partially my fault i wasnt as strict but ive dieted before never so successful. Pre-op diet i lost 16lbs...two days in the hospital i gained back 12!!! Im one week post op and down 11 of those 12lbs frustrating but i know it will come off eventually!

I think there is a big difference when it comes to dieting and then a pre-op diet. You're kinda forced to do it. You know its short term. If you don't do it, you might not get what you worked so hard for, and thats surgery. Plus, if you're put on a liquid diet for 10 days or whatever and stick to it, chances are, you're gonna lose a bunch of weight. So, the majority of us failed at dieting. Hence why we are here. No need to be jealous of that person. We are all in the same boat.

I agree with babykins. There is a lot motivation in knowing that your surgeon may delay/cancel surgery if you don't lose some weight pre op. I'm great at dieting/losing weight.... SHORT term! It ALWAYS comes back because I fall back into old habits. This time I know I can diet until I have the band to HELP me with my new lifestyle.

I'm on my own preop low calorie diet right now. First consult on March 1st. Hoping to have surgery in May. I'm self pay so it will hopefully move faster. Down 9 pounds in a week!

Great job! Keep it up!!

I agree with babykins. There is a lot motivation in knowing that your surgeon may delay/cancel surgery if you don't lose some weight pre op. I'm great at dieting/losing weight.... SHORT term! It ALWAYS comes back because I fall back into old habits. This time I know I can diet until I have the band to HELP me with my new lifestyle.

I'm on my own preop low calorie diet right now. First consult on March 1st. Hoping to have surgery in May. I'm self pay so it will hopefully move faster. Down 9 pounds in a week!

Great job! Keep it up!!

Awesome! Keep up the good work! And yes, losing weight is easiest in short term, but we always fall back into old routines telling ourselves, oh I'll go back tomorrow or I'll make up for this later...never works.