Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why can I eat a cookie but have a hard time eating a chicken strip , could It be because I'm not taking small enough bites , I don't think I'm to sure on how small of bites I need to be taking ?

It could be. Plus, if the chicken is dry, it's going to be a lot harder to swallow.

You have to remember that Cookies are slider food. They are processed junk that pretty much melts in your mouth when you chew it. Because of this, most Cookies will slide right through the band.

My nutritionist advised that bites be the size of your fingernail, so very small.

See I didn't think a cookie would be a slider food i mean I know there not good for you , but that's prob my problem I think I may be taking big bites

crackers,popcorn. Heck even nuts are a slider for me

Yes, they all pass easy for me too. It is very easy to find yourself taking bigger bites over time. I fight it all the time.

Crunchy carbs (chips, Cookies, popcorn) are all sliders for me. Almost 2 years out I can't eat chicken breast only thighs and never breaded no matter how small my bites are.

My idea of slider foods is anything high in fat... the fat enables it to slide right through!

chicken is not band friendly its stringy. Slider foods are not just things that are full of fat they are any junk food that you eat. Crunchy things always go down easy so that includes crackers, Cookies, doritos, potato chips, ice cream. The best way to eat meat is to take one small bite, chew it well and wait a few minutes before you take another bite.

Take bites the size of an eraser on a pencil

Why can I eat a cookie but have a hard time eating a chicken strip ' date=' could It be because I'm not taking small enough bites , I don't think I'm to sure on how small of bites I need to be taking ?[/quote']

I'm not a bander, I'm a sleever. But to answer your question accurately, it is because of the texture. A cookie crumbles very easily and pretty much disolves into a pasty, doughy mush that can easily pass through the small orifice your band created. Shrimp on the other hand is very fiberous and tends to stay together. You can get away with a few chews on a cookie and it I'll prettymuch pass, whereas thorough mastication of shrimp is necessary.

Additionally shrimp is very high in Protein. Protein slows the digestive process which also slows the rate ov contraction to push food through your pouch, stomach, and intestine.

it the devil who makes JUNK what are you doing near Cookies? lol I cant have them around or anything that its not diet related...I cant be trusted with junk..all. temptations are the devil's way to get you to make the wrong chocies in all of life so you need to watch for him. No more eating for fun its all about health now if its fun food its a slider except bread lol

Weird I haven't had any problems with junk food. A first for me. I also don't have any problems with chicken if not really dry. Sliders for me are things like shakes, yogurt and cottage cheese because the don't keep me satisfied and I am hungry an hour later. I will say some crackers seem to be sliders too.

Well I don't keep the Cookies in my house at all times but we had chicken strips for dinner the Other night and I baked some cookies for my kids and had one it didn't have any problems but the chicken it was really hard I just don't want to be to tight that all I was worried about , but I really think I'm just taking way way to big of a bite

Tiny bites and chew, chew, chew! LOL