Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did .1 cc make a difference for you?

Hi All,

I had 3.5cc in my 10 cc band and I was miserable - either hungry or stuck amost all of the time and not loosing weight. For example: 3 bites of food, chewed to a pulp, and I was stuck - could only eat sliders (which tend to be high in calorie and don't keep you full).

Doc removed .2 ccs and now I can eat pretty much whatever I want (for example ate 2 grilled fish tacos, no problem). Though I'm exercising restraint, I'm eating too many calories (1300-1500 daily). I don't feeli like the band is doing much for me in terms of feeling full or satisfied. I'm hungry a lot. I don't get stuck anymore, so that's good, but I have lost just 1 pound since he removed the .2ccs (a month ago).

Logic tells me that I should have .1cc put back in, but good grief!!!! That's tiny! I can't imagine that will make much of a difference. Of course, the .2ccs made a difference, but still seems odd to me.

Anywho...bottom line....has anyone had just 1cc added or removed and found it made a noticable difference?? Please share your experience.

Thanks!

Well, it does to me but I ave a 4cc band.

In the past the two unfills ive had have allowed any inflammation in my stomach to calm down and I've been able to have the entire fill back.

I would definitely be inclined to try 0.1 cc

Personally I have not had one that small, but in my last appointment in speaking to my nutritionist to decide if I needed a fill, she said she had one done this amount before and it helped her.

I agree, that is a small amount, but I bet it can help. I had .5 cc removed and that helped me, so adding a small amount will probably help, also.

make sence to me what do you have to loss with giving it a try and follow the rule to the letter.

Actually yes. I had .1cc removed back in September and it made all the difference in the world. I have an appointment on Tuesday for a fill (I haven't had one since September) and I'll be asking for .1cc.

It's a tiny amount but it can make a HUGE difference!

I had one tenth of a cc put in my band and it made a huge difference. So much so I had to have most of it removed. When I first got my band I had my first fill eight weeks after it was put in. I must have been the only one I know who was never in a hurry to lose weight. So after the first two fills I only had one tenth of a cc put in everytime I got a fill. It took about 9 months before I got perfect restriction. By having the small fills I knew exactly when I was overfilled and what was perfect. By not being in such a rush I think it has helped me maintain my size 6 for seven years. Also maybe that is why I haven't had any issues with the band. I took the time for my body and mind to get used to the change. This is what worked for me. Good luck.

Fantasy, loved your post because this has been my mindset to not rush. I am at a 5.75 and banded for two years. I'm getting ready to go in for a 1/10 or 1/8cc fill after having a 1/4cc fill taken out in early December after being very uncomfortable. It was the right decision but I'm scared to get this fill this upcoming Wednesday. I hope he will put just 1/8 or 1/10 in. I think conservative has worked for me but...I still have 12 pounds to goal.

These replies are sooooo helpful! Thank you so much. Happy to hear more! I'm actually encouraged, since I've been feeling discouraged with not getting it quite right with fills. I will follow the advice to take it slowly. Thank you!!

My last fill was .5 and I thought 'what a waste if time' such a small amount. Boy I was wrong. Made a huge difference!