Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New to the forum

Hello all I'm new to the forum and wanted to see what this was all about. I've lost most of my weight but have seem to have lost my way. I have yet to gain any weight back but I'm also not losing. I'm so close to goal but seem to find comfort in the junk that got me "big".

I find myself eating donuts (my weakness) and pizza. I get back on track then lose it. I dont know what to do. Any suggestions???

Start from the basics and remember the rules.

MAybe liquids for a few days, mushies.

Journal and weigh foods.

See if you need a fill

Stay way from the donuts and pizza

Good luck

Wendy

Thank you. I just noticed I was testing my limits to see what I could and couldn't eat. I know I can eat the bad things. I need to focus the holidays messed me up. This was my first year with thanksgiving and Christmas since being banded. I need a good kick in the butt!

well eating bad foods is what made us need wls in the first place...testing your limits is foolish and it really gets you no where...as zin said, eat your allotted amounts, make better choices in foods (lean Proteins, veggies/fruits) and leave the junk food where it belongs, on the grocery shelves....you have a tool to help you....unless you use it properly, this time next year, you'll be saying the same thing. you must want to lose weight bad enough to actually do what you need to and only you know that answer.

Where in NC are you from? I won't even offer to kick your butt, you are doing it already. Just go back to what you know works.

You did it,

you owned it

Now do what you need to do

eat healthy

get your fluids in

Check with your Dr, see if you need a fill.

Congratulations for not gaining, that is a plus.

You can do this!

I'm not from NC just a huge Tar Heel fan. I actually stay within 1500 calories I'm just not making the right food choices. My problem is I have 2 jobs and don't actually sit to eat meals. I'm always on the go. It just seems like the "bad" foods are easier when I'm always on the go.

When I was first banded I avoided all breads because the dr told me to. Thanksgiving came around and I tried bread it's all downhill now. It seems like that's all I crave since I pretty much avoided it a whole year.

If you can eat donuts and pizza you need a fill. When i was 30 lbs from goal I could eat pretty much anything and there were days that I did and the scale never moved. Well I finally went back and had a fill and I started losing again. Physician's and web sites will tell you that lap band will only help you to lose about 60-80% of your over all weight needed to be lost. The last 30-40lbs is the hardest and you really have to buckle down and be strict and eat clean all the time. You have to drop the processed sugars and high glycemic processed foods. Sugar is like an addiction, once you allow the things you gave up back in your life they have a mind of your own, the cloud your judgement and your body starts to crave them again. You don't need us to kick your butt, you have already done it and you know what you need to do. If you really want those last pounds off, knock it off. Throw the junk away and go cold turkey. You are going to feel like crap for a a week or so but once you have rid your body of all the bad toxins again you will be able to remain focused. Good luck and stop beating your self up and use that energy to move in the right direction.

I wish I could "just stop it". It's not like a light switch you just turn off. I battled obesity my whole life. If I could just stop I would have never been over 300lbs. Im good for a couple of days then absolutely lose it on my day off. Stress is getting the best of me.

I wish I could "just stop it". It's not like a light switch you just turn off. I battled obesity my whole life. If I could just stop I would have never been over 300lbs. Im good for a couple of days then absolutely lose it on my day off. Stress is getting the best of me.

7 months ago, i was 336 pounds

i wanted to stop it....so i had surgery

and followed the rules ever since...

why? because i wanted to...so i have battled obesity also.

find the reasons you can instead of why you cant..

It is hard! Before LBS we've all been there asking ourselves why we do this to ourselves.

Right now, I want my life back. I'm 56 yo, for three years I've been unable to go Christmas shopping and grocery shopping caused so much pain it would make me break out in a sweat, that my hair would be soaked just from the effort. Noticed I said "it would"? I'm half way to goal and I can do these things now. For me it all comes down to I WANTED my life back.

When I look at something that's empty calories I say to myself, do you need this or do you want it? What do you want more, your life back or crap. Is the crap worth trading my life? The answer is not only no, but HELL no!

If you really, really want to eat healthy, you will. Ask yourself, Do I want this?

We will always have stress in our lives, we need to learn to deal with them in a non-food way.

7 months ago, i was 336 pounds

i wanted to stop it....so i had surgery

and followed the rules ever since...

why? because i wanted to...so i have battled obesity also.

find the reasons you can instead of why you cant..

LOL, we both "wanted it", we be sista's!

Might you need a fill? That should stop it.

I've been banded close to a year. Still no fill over 80lbs lost. I indulge in the bad foods but I don't beat myself up or feel bad about it. I'm human one cookie won't hurt. Yeah I know it's not the right choice put who cares. Workout, stay within portion sizes and you should be fine. The other day I had a donut. I can't take it back but I'm aware and made better choices throughout the day.