Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

If you're not loosing...

Thanks roscoe! I'm not banded yet but I am so excited about making a real lifestyle change! I eat so much junk and I just want to be healthy. This post may not be what some people want to hear, but it's the truth, and I really appreciate the truth!

what a fab post

a great read

i soooo enjoyed this

thank you for saying what needs to said

it needs to be read

it needs to be acknowledged and accepted

and done

you are correct, the band just wont do it for you

thank you for making my day

I agree and I am losing. But part of me thinks, why can't I lose quicker or stray more, considering I am eating so much healthier and less than in the past.

What is really sad to me is that so many people invest so much time, money, energy and emotions into getting banded, and then they need to hear this? Why or why would you not want to change your eating habits!? We're all adults and we all did this because we needed it - do we really need to be told common sense instructions? Bottom line is you have to want it enough to be willing to sacrifice certain things. We need to stop being self-absorbed and thinking about what we want, not what we need!

I agree and I am losing. But part of me thinks, why can't I lose quicker or stray more, considering I am eating so much healthier and less than in the past.

dont think that :(

but i think that also

just because the scale is not moving as quick as yo'd like, i bet your rocking it out..

just keep going, its happening

What is really sad to me is that so many people invest so much time, money, energy and emotions into getting banded, and then they need to hear this? Why or why would you not want to change your eating habits!? We're all adults and we all did this because we needed it - do we really need to be told common sense instructions? Bottom line is you have to want it enough to be willing to sacrifice certain things. We need to stop being self-absorbed and thinking about what we want, not what we need!

girl, you read my mind

well said and perfectly written

Hi all! I'm glad to hear that you basically agree. I hoovered around this site for two months. And what annoyed me the most was the questions which were asked the same day by different people! Actually most questions have been asked and answered many many times. I can sort of understand, but when it's minutes from each other, it's wasteful.

I do realize, many dont want to hear this. But seriously, if you eat crap which made you fat, it's gonna keep you fat!!! Yeah, there are times I don't want that healthy shake and eat pizza. But if I do that every day, I won't get smaller.

I have a few friends who have had this done. One one watches what she eats, she looks fabulous! Another who is making bad choices, eating too fast. She looks terrible. She hit goal and thought since she accomplished that she can have whatever she wants. HELLO...! She's puking, gaining weight. Then she has the nerve to complain. At first I felt bad for her, until I learned she was sabotaging herself. She doesn't want to hear she is way out of control. She walks around with a milk shake from whatever drive thru, and whines why she gained. Or lies that it's a Protein Shake. That really angers me.

I'm not saying I'm perfect, but I'm not lying to myself. The other night i had pizza with my family. Yes I was wrong, but I didn't over indulge, and I didn't loose anything this week either. Am I mad at myself, yes and no. But it was a decision. And I didn't continue to eat garbage either. In fact I'm going to make up for it. Because I want this weight off.

You have to sacrifice if you want to loose. Many times I don't give on when my family is eating crap. The Cookies, chips, pizza, etc... If and when I make that decision, I think about it, and figure out ways I can make that up. Either additional workout, or an extra Protein shake. Just as skinny people do! That's why they are skinny!! They don't eat crap all day!! They indulge, and move on back on the wagon.

So sorry to anyone if I offended you, but it's the truth!!

also perfectly written and well said

and 1000000% agree with you

I absolutely agree! I haven't had my band for that long. I was just banded in November. What blows my mind is that it seems that some people never did their research before having surgery. They are asking questions or complaining about issues that they should already know the answer to. I think this site is great to get tips from and support when you need it but it seems like some people just don't want to change their lifestyle...the same lifestyle that made them fat to begin with.

Don't get me wrong, I am not perfect and I have a long way to go. But I can say that I did my due diligence before have my surgery.

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

If you aren't losing you are eating too many calories. No matter how much you slice it or dice it...unless there is a medical reason why you aren't losing... You are eating too much of the wrong or even right foods.

I really believe its that simple

I'm sorry, but I just need to say it. Some of you really annoy the piss out of me. The reason for the forum is so people can vent and ask questions.

Not so long ago all of you were fat, and I wonder how many times you all heard " well it's common sense dear, if u want to lose weight just exercise and eat better!".... Did you all follow that common sense, and very true advice? No, you didn't! Do u want people judging you because you didn't heed that advice and instead got a foreign object In your body?

If the band works quicker for you, that's great! But some people including myself are going to lose slower. I also know some of you have the band with plication..... Now did you ever stop to think its probably physically easier for you to follow the rules?

I for one, know I get hungry almost every damn day and have to make myself not cheat. Maybe its because my band isn't full enough? At least thats what im hoping for. I also know I wake up 6-7 days a week and exercise my ass off for at LEAST 1 hour and my weight loss is disgustingly slow. I know I'm not the only one who feels this way, and would like to ask others if their experience is similar and what I can do, but hey that'll annoy you right? My goodness, you've just heard it sooo many times before!

Jerks.

I can only speak for myself but I am sorry if I offended you in any way. I think it is great to be able to ask questions and get clarification on issues that arise with the lap band.

What baffles me are the people who don't seem to do any research before they have surgery and then wonder why it isn't working for them. I just don't understand why someone would go through surgery to not really understand how the lap band works. I am not perfect in any way shape or form and I didn't get fat by making smart food choices. But before I got the surgery, I understood that I needed to make a lifestyle change and truly commit to living with my band. And who knows what is in store for my future....I have only be banded since November. Every day there is at least one person talking about how the lap band is still letting them eat bread and junk food. The band is not designed to stop us from eating those foods....it is supposed to curb our appetite and allow us to go for longer periods without eating or snacking.

Again, sorry if I offended you but don't agree with people placing a forgein object in their body without doing some major research.