Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Chreyl, that's a lot of assumptions. I've been carb cycling since last Wednesday. I've lost 5 lbs since then. And for your information I don't use this as an excuse to eat a bunch of carbs. That may have been what you did, but not everyone is doing that. I can't even eat pastas and most breads and on my high cab day I maybe get up to 150, and a third of that comes from my Special K Cereal. Like I said you may have failed or know someone who has but there are people who can control themselves. Lapband doesn't mean carbs are off limits. No food is off limits. You're unrealistic if you think never eating certain foods won't come back to bite you in the ass. Be realistic, this is a lifestyle change not some fad.

Honey I hardly think I have failed losing over 120lbs. No I have never carb cycled. Long term its not doable. You might have lost 5lbs this week but eventually unless you are exercised crazed hi carbs will only make you gain. Dont assume I am a failure because I have got to my goal.

You know what honey, maybe you should take your own advice and not assume. I can carb cycle for the rest of my life. Lapband is not about eliminating carbs if that was the case all those Adkins dieters wouldn't have failed. This is about balance. The carb cycling has to do with keeping you metabolism from slowing because it gets used to your 1000 calorie no carb diet. That will eventually make you gain. Considering you lost your weight, you should really only consider preaching about what you have experience with. Since you have not carb cycled you really have no basis to comment on it.

I do believe this is an open forum and I can comment on anything I wish. Carb cycling does not work long term unless you are a gym rat. Who said I dont eat what I want. I never said that. I eat carbs but just a small amount because you need the lean Protein so you dont lose muscle. Carbs will not keep lean muscle when you ar first banded. The only thing you are doing is causing yourself muscle loss with high carb days. Im sure that is not the plan your doctor picked for you and I am more then sure he told you to eat high protein low carbs. No I have never carb cycled because I dont need too.

calm down girls! we all have our different ways of doing things and our own opinions... some people carb cycle and loose weight that way and other people can do it without carb cycling and congrats to those who have lost the weight without any hurdles or points where you didnt gain or didnt get stuck at a weight! but thats not everyone on this site! everyone is different! ive never carbed cycled but i have had my high carb days for sure! its about monitoring the things we eat and both ways your monitoring right?

these things are not worth fighting over we are here to support each other this forum was to support a person who had 1 slice of pizza! carb cycling or not none of us are perfect!

Well you obviously don't know what carb cycling is. And again you haven't tried it so you should really give advice on what you have done yourself. Who says I don't get high Protein? Carb cycling doesn't say you have to eat carbs and no protein. I get 60-80 grams a day wether its a low carb or high carb day. My doctor says carb cycling is great. I track everything I eat. You don't have to be a gym rat for it to work, many people have had long term success. I haven't been to the gym once since getting banded, I try to walk for 30 min or do my wii step. I will never be fanatical about exercise. I have lost weight just fine.

Why is it bad? If you are on solids and it fits into your calorie or volume allowance, it's fine. Of course you could have made a different choice, but don't beat yourself up. Monitor and adjust. It's a lifestyle, not a diet.

Chreyl, that's a lot of assumptions. I've been carb cycling since last Wednesday. I've lost 5 lbs since then. And for your information I don't use this as an excuse to eat a bunch of carbs. That may have been what you did, but not everyone is doing that. I can't even eat pastas and most breads and on my high cab day I maybe get up to 150, and a third of that comes from my Special K cereal. Like I said you may have failed or know someone who has but there are people who can control themselves. Lapband doesn't mean carbs are off limits. No food is off limits. You're unrealistic if you think never eating certain foods won't come back to bite you in the ass. Be realistic, this is a lifestyle change not some fad.

WOW...if you believe that "no food is off limits" in successful bandster life...then you are living in denial...or you currently have no real restriction with your band. You are correct with understanding that bandster life is all about a lifestyle change, but quite wrong if you don't also understand that a major part of that lifestyle change is the need for you to change your relationship with food and the belief system which comes with that change.

After being banded, if we persist in continuing to consume our "trigger foods" (for many these were unhealthy processed carbs), you have placed yourself on what I refer to as a "slippery slope" to return to using possible trigger foods and then over time give yourself permission to continue the behaviors which got you to the point of wanting/needing WLS.

I understand that I had some poor eating habits, all of us did. None of us here on this forum became obese overnight, and we did not become obese because we had healthy eating habits. I encourage you to do some additional research into the addictive properties of unhealthy carbs. I also encourage you to become educated and read the labels on processed foods. Many additives, most recently fructose, have been identified as contributing to creating actual cravings for more carbs. We will be healthier if we make an effort to avoid processed foods whenever we are able.

IMHO, as a CAP, others mileage may vary...

You know what honey, maybe you should take your own advice and not assume. I can carb cycle for the rest of my life. Lapband is not about eliminating carbs if that was the case all those Adkins dieters wouldn't have failed. This is about balance. The carb cycling has to do with keeping you metabolism from slowing because it gets used to your 1000 calorie no carb diet. That will eventually make you gain. Considering you lost your weight, you should really only consider preaching about what you have experience with. Since you have not carb cycled you really have no basis to comment on it.

This is an open forum...no one is preaching. We only share opinions and best practices. There is really no need for sarcasm.

Obviously Cheryl has some valid insights to share...she is a success story. She is someone who knows what she is talking about...

And there is a significant difference in regards to "low carb" versus "no carb" meal plans. We need carbs in our diet, as the brain can only use carbs to function. The important difference is in making the carbs we choose healthy.

Alcohol and over processed "white foods" are examples of unhealthy "empty calorie" carb choices. Healthier carb choices would be unprocessed cooked oatmeal instead of over processed "Special K" (read the label of ingredients; if they have to add nutrition back into the cereal because they removed the nutritional value when they processed it to manufacture it, it is an over processed carb). There is a definite difference in the carb value between pizza dough and blueberries.

If you look into the research completed looking at the long term outcome of those who have followed the Atkins Diet plan, you will see that over time they modified the diet to include carbs and healthy Fiber rich foods. Our long term health will be affected if we ate a "no carb" diet.

Again, this is only my opinion...it works for me. Other's mileage may vary. And I will always advocate for any forum participant to follow the instructions given them by their medical team.

The only food that's off limits is soda. I was a six pack a day drinker of diet Pepsi before my band. I haven't had one sip of any carbonated beverage since being banded. I know ll about foods and cravings. And no no food is off limits. There are things that should be eaten seldomly and rarely but not off limits. I don't eat Pasta or rice, donuts, Bagels, etc. not because its off limits but because I can't. My band won't permit it. Some people with bands can eat these foods. No one said I eat pizza every night. I know what the difference in carbs are. I am carb cycling from a metabolism view point. I could do it forever. Unlinke most people my problem with food was not taste or cravings. I ate because I loved the feeling of being overly full. That's why the band works for me, it makes me full fast and I stop eating. I never go over 1500 calories even on high carb days as I can't eat a lot. I eat my cereal on high carb days and have a Protein Shake on my non carb days. I get a min of 60 grams of Protein a day. Cheryl was making it sound like carb cycling was evil and no one should ever done it. She's never even tried it. I wouldn't go around giving advice about the Adkins diet, because I've never tried it. You know that old saying don't judge until you've walked in their shoes?

What were we talking about again. . Oh yeah, a piece of pizza.< /p>

Wow i dont kno what happend here but the pizza day is gone i dont know what carb cycle is i just know healthy choices count my calorie intake watch my sugars go for high Protein for fullness and BAM ON TO THE NEXT DAY. if i was consistent i would use mfp but i dont next week will start a new note taking on everything i place in my mouth Todays dinner was Breakfast eggbeaters with cheese n two slices of turkey bacon gn

IM MY OWN MOTIVATION