Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2013 Bandsters Unite

Day 2 of the pre-op diet. I actually started it a day early because I have a friend coming to town on Friday, and I wanted to get over the "hump" of the first 3 days that everyone says is the worst. Hope that's true!

I was freaking out yesterday because I thought the shakes tasted disgusting, but I am handling them OK now. Only had 2 yesterday, not the prescribed 3, which I know is not good, so it's 3 a day from here on out.

Boyfriend cooked his own stir-fry last night, and it smelled divine. Even a banana right now seems like a bacon cheeseburger. I will make it. I am an all-or-nothing girl, and I'm gonna rock this.

:) Becky

I just got the call from the hospital that I go in a 8:00 a.m. tomorrow. I am so excited! I can not wait to be on the other side of this and continue on this journey to the real me again. I am excited about the future and what it hold for me and my family. I will be healthy, I will be sexy and exciting again, I will get my family healthier too. :D :D :D

Day 2 of the pre-op diet. I actually started it a day early because I have a friend coming to town on Friday, and I wanted to get over the "hump" of the first 3 days that everyone says is the worst. Hope that's true!

I was freaking out yesterday because I thought the shakes tasted disgusting, but I am handling them OK now. Only had 2 yesterday, not the prescribed 3, which I know is not good, so it's 3 a day from here on out.

Boyfriend cooked his own stir-fry last night, and it smelled divine. Even a banana right now seems like a bacon cheeseburger. I will make it. I am an all-or-nothing girl, and I'm gonna rock this.

:) Becky

Keep it up girl. It flies by so fast. Just try and stay busy if you can and you will not think too much about the shakes. Congratulations on your new journey

BTW I am Becky too :D

I hope to be a future bander! My insurance just started covering bariatric surgery this year. I am hoping to get approved after I submit all of my requirements. This site is very informing!

Got my band yesterday! So far so good - I've got some trapped air in my shoulders and chest that's bothering me' date=' but other than that I feel great for having had surgery yesterday. :)[/quote']

Congrats!! The shoulder pain is the worst :( Take gas ex, heating pad and walk..I'm 6 days out and still have the shoulder pain, I'm sorry to say:( Well Congrats again to you :)

I'm scheduled for surgery on the 24th! ???‹ Do they prescribe anything for pain & discomfort or should I stock up on liquid Motrin & Tylenol??

I'm on day 4 of pre-op and it is getting much easier! the first 2 days up until yesterday (when i purchased Protein bars) i was finding it soooooooo hard!!! i feel much better today and down 5lbs already! keep it up everyone and congrats!!!

I'm scheduled for surgery on the 24th! 😋 Do they prescribe anything for pain & discomfort or should I stock up on liquid Motrin & Tylenol??

I had my surgery on Monday. They were very good about pain meds in the hospital...I stayed overnight. I also got a scrip for liquid vicodin for home.

I'm scheduled for surgery on the 24th! ð Do they prescribe anything for pain & discomfort or should I stock up on liquid Motrin & Tylenol??

The Dr gave me a liquid pain med. He actually had my husband go and fill it before I left the hospital. But, I think that was because I live over an hour away from the hospital. I'm sure your Dr will give you an rx for pain Meds also.

I'm scheduled for surgery on the 24th! 😋 Do they prescribe anything for pain & discomfort or should I stock up on liquid Motrin & Tylenol??

I have liquid tylenol, and I also got a prescription for Oxycodone to take after surgery. And before I left the hospital, they gave me a vial of Tylenol in my IV for the road. :) The Oxycodone pills are small, but I've been crushing them just to be safe - might wait a few days to take the whole pill to let any swelling in stomach subside a bit.

Um they better supply you with pain meds and anti nausea meds if you need them. I pick up my prescriptions before surgery so they are filled and ready to go.

Hello everyone! For all you bandsters getting banded JANUARAY 25th i have created a forum for us ! PLEASE JOIN :)

I am in recovery! I am so excited I am finally among the banded and can't believe the first day of the rest of my life is finally here.

I am in recovery! I am so excited I am finally among the banded and can't believe the first day of the rest of my life is finally here.

Congrats! I feel the same way - so excited and ready to begin the rest of my journey. :)

Congrats!!! And welcome to the other side!!! The journey is just begining!!