Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2013 Bandsters Unite

Hi y'all. I was banded on the 2nd of this month (12 days) and just want to congratulate all the new n soon to bandsters n wanted to talk a little bit of everything that I have been reading on this thread n a little bout what I have been going through. Apparently I'm still in the healing stage but I feel like I'm back to normal. So at the hospital I received lots of pain killers during n before surgery. I also got a patch for nausea that last 72 hrs n it literally did. Up to day 3 I felt okay. Very little gas pain, very little incision pain n no nausea. Once my patch reached its third day I was very nauseated for about 2 days n could barely even drink from the nauseated feeling. Day 6 felt much better n got an appetite. Day 7 I felt hungry bout every 2-3 hours. My doc told me I could have blended foods now n to have lots of blended Protein so it would last.I'm not gonna lie I have been cheating some n have had some food not blended. Hope I haven't done any harm. Bout the whole bathroom thing I was constipated until I started eating blended foods that included veggies n some fruit. N ya going pee was weird once I got home from the hospital. I would go n stop n felt like my bladder was still full but I sat until I finished. So my doc told me I had a small fill at surgery n to come for my first fill 4 weeks after surgery. I really feel no restrictions but I'm trying to teach myself to eat slow. Bout 30 min per meal. I have been eating 1 cup of food 3-4 Times a day n overall feel satisfied. When I'm hungry I eat. I had gained 4 lbs right after surgery n since then have lost 8 making it a total of 17 lbs down since my pre-op diet (almost 4 weeks) Well this has been my journey so far. Good luck n a safe recovery to all of us. My prayers are with each one of you everyday.

10 days!!!

My diet is 32% protien, 18%fat and 50% carb, or I have the option of store brand Meal Replacement shakes, sf pops, Jello, etc.. I have primarly been sticking to egg whites for one real meal and then shakes the rest of the day..I guess I am trying to prepare now for after the surgery , I had gained 10 pounds at my pre-op and got a stern lecture on how important my organs being mushy was important to this surgery being able to happen, and well I just don't want to take a chance..I really haven't had any issues so far , on day 6 but, between the SF pops if I need that icecream feel and the chocoloate shakes, I am staying pretty comfortable. I'm finding it hard to eat multiple times a day but it is coming along. I do think it is interesting how everyone's dr/dieticians have them on different plans.

I look forward to seeing everyones progress and of course my own. I see a few of you with surgery dates today, good luck !

Good morning all on day 9 pre opt and to be honest i feel great. I havent cheated not one day. Im so proud of myself. The 21st. Is slowly coming

Day 2 of the post op! sleeping on your back really bugs! I've been walking laps like crash!

Day 2 of the post op! sleeping on your back really bugs! I've been walking laps like crash!

I have two day until surgery. Congrats on yours. Hope you feel better soon :)

I am only just started the pre-op diet (2 days now) and i have headaches alot... ive been logging on very often for motivation!!

Water water water helps those detox headaches go away! Stick to it soon2bsmall! I hear it makes the surgury go so much smoother.

This is day 5 for my pre-op diet. 8 days to go until my surgery. I'm stocking my cupboards and fridge with everything I need to be successful for the week following surgery. Does anyone have suggestions on brands for sf popsicles? Any other suggestions for the week of Clear Liquids would be great too!

Yes it does..I'm 4 days post op and I can't get comfortable. I can lay down for a little, but then I get real uncomfortable. Then I sit up in bed for awhile and try to get comfortable. I have been ending up going and trying to sleep in my lazy boy, sometimes I can and sometimes I can't. Last night was a bad night, no matter what I did I couldn't get rid of my shoulder pain. I only slept about 2 1/2 hours total last night :(

Yes it does..I'm 4 days post op and I can't get comfortable. I can lay down for a little' date=' but then I get real uncomfortable. Then I sit up in bed for awhile and try to get comfortable. I have been ending up going and trying to sleep in my lazy boy, sometimes I can and sometimes I can't. Last night was a bad night, no matter what I did I couldn't get rid of my shoulder pain. I only slept about 2 1/2 hours total last night :([/quote']

I slept on like 4 pillows propped up pretty high.

Good morning all on day 9 pre opt and to be honest i feel great. I havent cheated not one day. Im so proud of myself. The 21st. Is slowly coming

I know what you mean. Ever since i was given a date for surgery each day feels like a week. Tomorrow is my post op so hoping thing move faster after that.

Hi everyone! I was anticipating a liquid diet before my January 28 surgery, however after my preop support group meeting I learned I don't have to do one. Does anyone else not have a liquid diet? Does anyone think I should do one a week before anyway? I'm a bit confused

Hi everyone! I was anticipating a liquid diet before my January 28 surgery, however after my preop support group meeting I learned I don't have to do one. Does anyone else not have a liquid diet? Does anyone think I should do one a week before anyway? I'm a bit confused

I was confused too. Everyone kept talking about the liquid diet before sugery but my doc only has me on an "atkins type" diet for 2 weeks pre-op. I'm on a 1,200 calorie no sugar, no bread, no 'white food', no alcohol. 20-50 grams of carbs (mainly from veggies). When I asked my doc he said it was because I didn't have any co-morbidities and in overall good health. Ask your doc before changing your pre-op diet though. Good luck! I'll be going in a week before you so I'll let you know how it is!