Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2013 Bandsters Unite

Did your Dr. give you guidelines? If so' date=' follow those. For the first 4 days I couldn't even get 800 calories down. Day 4 and 5 hunger kicked in and I got up to 1200, day 6 600 calories. The things that kept me alive were full sugar popsicles, gatorade, cranberry juice and homemade chicken broth.< /p>

BTW, I dropped 11 pounds the first 5 days.[/quote']

He said anything I can get thru a straw would be considered liquid enough that I could have it. I'm trying to follow the guidelines I just can't get my stomach to cooperate enough to let me eat/drink! It will get better I know that.

Good afternoon all today is day 5 of my pre op diet and I'm doing much better. Headaches are gone and I've gotten a bit more energy. I also feel satisfied when I eat which I never thought would happen. It's amazing.

Dont give up soon2bebanded im on day 8 you can do it.

On day 5 of my preop diet, I'm feeling sooooo much better!! I feel like I'm getting use to this a little bit to much.LOL

Today so far I've had

Breakfast-Protien shake w/ yogurt

Lunch-Salad with ff ranch

Mid day snack-Applesause

Dinner(will be)-Soup

and LOTS of water!! How is everyone doing on their preop diets?

Good afternoon all today is day 5 of my pre op diet and I'm doing much better. Headaches are gone and I've gotten a bit more energy. I also feel satisfied when I eat which I never thought would happen. It's amazing.

YES, I know!! its gotten way better for me, I look at normal food like (no thank you) the desire is GONE and I'm so excited. We can do it. Keep up the good work

I went for my pre-op appointment today! Everything feels so much more real now. My surgery is this Thursday and I am really looking forward to loosing the weight. My husband was against the surgery at first since he is a personal fitness trainer and preferred that I did it the "natural" way, but he went with me to the pre-op appointment today and seems to be much more supportive and open to the surgery now. I can't wait until i can go out with my husband and his friends and not feel like the hideously big mother of two in the midst of my husband and all of his fitness guru friends with perfect bodies!

Got banded this morning! In the recovery room! Everything went well, except I can't pee! And I can't leave til I do! Oh noooooo

Hi everyone. first post...ever...

I have pre-op jan 21 and surgery jan 22nd. Yeah. Sooooo nervous but very excited. Pre-op diet is working well but need to keep my head straight and positive so I'll be logging in more for advice and motivation. Good luck everyone!

Mine is also scheduled for jan.24th. i am counting the days!

Day 12 of my liquid diet. Down 17 lbs. tomorrow is weigh in & Wed is band day:) 10 lbs away from Onederland!!!!! Hallelujah!!!!!

Got banded this morning! In the recovery room! Everything went well, except I can't pee! And I can't leave til I do! Oh noooooo

I had to go home with a cath bag! My bladder didn't want to wake up. 5dpo i'm okay now. The bag is out! Yaaaaay!

Glad your home going good, mine is Friday today is day 12 of preop diet not doing to bad its pretty good I'm getting more excited by the day, my sister had this done 15 months ago and is doing phinominal, she is really excited for me and before hers they told her she could go out and have a last supper, of anything she wanted, I'm not really sure I want to do that, I went to a preop apt. About 3 weeks ago and I was told I don't have to go back just show up for surgery is this normal

I am only just started the pre-op diet (2 days now) and i have headaches alot... ive been logging on very often for motivation!!

I would try to stick to doctors orders as much as possible but since i am hard headed I ate all the way up to the last 24 hours and have been doing good so far I'm knocking on wood lol

Im getting a lot better today. My dietitian said double up on shakes and I can put hot sauce in my broth. Im not feelin the popsicles because is toooo cold in Chicago. Im looking forward to a better week :). We all can do this we came to far to give up or give in!!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using LapBandTalk

I had my pre op testing today.

I am not sure what I expected to be honest but,

I was at the hospital forever! Ultrasounds, x-rays, pulmonary function tests....and ABGs!!! (Dear god that one hurt!) ???³

It made me think though...

What a commitmemt this is...and reaffirms to me that I want to change

Also started my 2 week Protein shake diet today.

I was fine all day but now that I am home I am so hungry and want to eat. I have been looking at magazines with all the nice clothes I will be able to buy to try and distract me.

Day 1.....totally rough ???ˆ