Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2013 Bandsters Unite

It's hard this diet I cheated my first day. Today is day 3 and I felt like I was going to throw up and I had a headache. I want a cheeseburger so bad but I willed myself to stay in the house and not eat.

It will get better. I'm on day 4. I cheated today, but it was a Healthy Choice Soup. Had I not given myself time to get adjusted to the diet and detox from my horrible relationship with food, I'm pretty sure my "cheat" would have been a bowl of buffalo wings, a pizza or probably both. My first day was THE worst.

Good luck and keep in touch if you need support. Is your surgery scheduled for the 24th?

What kind of diet are you on that you're cheating? I seem to be making it. I'm on day 3 o pre op. doesn't seem too bad.

My diet is all liquids too for 14 days. 3 Protein Shakes, SF Jello, SF popcycles, and broth. On day 7 now. It does get easier. Just make sure you drink plenty of water!

Oh my goodness. No wonder there's cheating. I'm on high Protein diet. So I can eat chicken, fish, turkey and unlimited veggies. No sugar, fat, dairy etc.

My pre-op and post-op diet are just about the same for the first two days post-op. I can have a shake twice a day and light Soup plus a snake of SF pudding as an example. I think there are so many different diets because of what the doctors think is best and what your physical condition is going in. I weighed this morning and I've lost 10 pounds since starting the pre-op.

Wish me luck my surgery is tomorrow morning at 7:30. My mom is coming to pick me up at 5:30 AM.

My pre-op and post-op diet are just about the same for the first two days post-op. I can have a shake twice a day and light Soup plus a snake of SF pudding as an example. I think there are so many different diets because of what the doctors think is best and what your physical condition is going in. I weighed this morning and I've lost 10 pounds since starting the pre-op.

Wish me luck my surgery is tomorrow morning at 7:30. My mom is coming to pick me up at 5:30 AM.

good luck R-Sheryl...I have to be at the hospital at 9 tomorrow. I'm presuming a couple of hours of stuff before I'm actually on the table. Staying overnight...will go home Tuesday morning.

It will get better. I'm on day 4. I cheated today' date=' but it was a Healthy Choice Soup. Had I not given myself time to get adjusted to the diet and detox from my horrible relationship with food, I'm pretty sure my "cheat" would have been a bowl of buffalo wings, a pizza or probably both. My first day was THE worst.

Good luck and keep in touch if you need support. Is your surgery scheduled for the 24th?[/quote']

Yes it is I can have 3 Meal Replacement shakes low fat/light soup non fat no sugar added yogurt Jello (which I hate) it's broken down into 6 small meals. It's a big change from a meat starch and veggie meal 3 times a day

My surgery date was jan 30th and has been moved up to january 25th! Just started the pre-op diet uggghhh

Good luck!!!

Best of luck tomorrow!

I had my surgery Thursday and I have barely eaten since. I need suggestions on this liquid post op diet. I barely eat or drink anything I just can't make myself. I've lost 8 pounds since Thursday.

This pre-op diet is making me go to the bathroom a lot not to be gross. Anyone else experience this?

I had my surgery Thursday and I have barely eaten since. I need suggestions on this liquid post op diet. I barely eat or drink anything I just can't make myself. I've lost 8 pounds since Thursday.

Make sure you stay hydrated try chewing I've chips and I'm on whey Protein Shakes. Just try to get your Protein in. Don't wanna be malnourished.

This pre-op diet is making me go to the bathroom a lot not to be gross. Anyone else experience this?

YES!!! The same with me. Finally today, day 5 hasn't been too bad. But we will see what tomorrow brings. I have no idea what causes this.

It did me that way the first week. I have four more days to go and it hasn't been so bad now.