Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did anyone binge eat before the band?

Hey there

I am finding now that I have the surgery booked all I want to do is eat. Is anyone else like this?

I think it's pretty normal to feel that way cause u will never be able to eat that way again! My hubby ate a lot before hand but me not so much. It's much easier that way cause your stomach start to take in less before surgery so you're not as hungry afterwards I think!

I think it's pretty normal to feel that way cause u will never be able to eat that way again! My hubby ate a lot before hand but me not so much. It's much easier that way cause your stomach start to take in less before surgery so you're not as hungry afterwards I think!

Yeah I don't want to be this way. I don't want to gain weight before the surgery

It's kind of a mind/body survival mode! The night before I started liquids I had a Taco Bell XXL Steak Nachos and the largest Diet Coke I could find! Man that's almost two pounds of food!

It's kind of a mind/body survival mode! The night before I started liquids I had a Taco Bell XXL Steak Nachos and the largest Diet Coke I could find! Man that's almost two pounds of food!

I have until feb 8th. I can't keep doing this.

I ate a lot before my surgery and gained 8 pounds. Come to find out I had to lose 10 pounds from my pre op surgery weight before they did the surgery. It was a huge mess and embarrassing to explain toy surgeon that I did lose weight but he didn't believe me because all I really list was the weight I gained. Get it.

Basically and thank god I had a weigh in from a previous doctor appointment that showed my weight of 220.

My first pre op date was in October and I was banded in December

Yep, sure did. Originally my surgery was scheduled for 12/17 but I wasn't told until late in the day 12/6 and wasn't able to start my pre-op diet until 12/9. My preop visit with my doctor was 12/17 and I told him the situation because I was worried about the 2 week requirement so he rescheduled my surgery to 12/31. Realizing I had an extra week to wait, I immediately went off of my pre-op diet. 12/16 I had my "last supper" and started my preop diet again on 12/17. It's been hard with Christmas right in the middle of it and if I didn't have surgery scheduled, I probably would have cheated. That's why I need to do this. I simply can't do it on my own anymore. Now that I'm having surgery and being held accountable to someone, I'm following the rules. I got rid of most of the junk stuff in my house so if I have a really weak moment, there is nothing tempting me, but it's still tough. When that happens I remind myself how much I weigh (I say it out loud to myself if I have to) and how humiliating that is for me. On the other hand I think I'm down 10 lbs so stepping on the scale is my motivator too. If you don't have to be on your preop diet yet, eat some of your favorite things, stop thinking that you can't ever have them again and when it's time, get on with the preop diet. There will be a time hopefully that you can taste your favorites again (in moderation), it's just not now. I have a magnet on my refrigerator that says, "Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels!" You know what? It's true!

The weekend before starting my 2 week liquid preop diet my husband and I took a road trip up the coast of Florida and I was determined to eat and drink everything I wasn't going to be able to eat for some time. We had fried grouper, loaded fries, pizza, chicken wings, Pasta and lots of adult beverages.... But funny the whole time I just didn't seem to be in a gorging mode..I think I was mentally ready for the lifestyle change and I was a tad mindful of my portions. I didn't gain a thing....lol

I gained 8lbs in the 3 weeks before surgery which I could kick myself in the butt for. I had lost 42 pounds since March on my own and because I panicked I gained 8 lbs of that weight back. I knew better and now it just makes any weight I loose these first two weeks of the liquid diet less significant. Try to stay strong and continue to eat what you know is appropriate. You will be able to eat those foods again but just smaller portions. Don't let your mind mess with ya like I did. ???Š

I didn't binge but I did eat everything I wanted to before my diet started. I ate my husband's amazing homemade salsa with my favorite chips, had fried chicken, drank diet soda and had a couple of margaritas. I was allowed 1 glass of wine by the doctor at a holiday party and had no alcohol beyond that. I did cheat a little - I had a couple of pigs in a blanket at another holiday party, etc.

I was terrified that my little cheats would show up but the doc said my liver looked great as I've never been a heavy drinker and they could see that I followed the diet.

I remember seeing an interview with Rex Ryan of the Jets and he said he used to eat 12 tacos at once before his surgery and now he eats 1 to 2 at a time. I used to eat 1 - 2 myself so my husband said I'll probably eat 2 bites.

my doctor said that eventually I can probably eat small amounts of what I like and this is sustaining me.

I loaded myfitnesspal on my phone and started using it and I think because of that I didn't eat everything in site. I wanted to practice using it before so I could be sure I like it and in the end I think it kept me accountable.

I downloaded fitness pal. Not sure how to use it yet

I just started using it too! Im still very nee to it as well! But so far its not too bad! My name is lifewillbegood if u want to add me!

I have been using my fitness pal on and off for 1&1/2 years I love it but then i would get into eating bad and stop using it. I am going to start again my name is Alig02 if you want to add me :)

I have been using my fitness pal on and off for 1&1/2 years I love it but then i would get into eating bad and stop using it. I am going to start again my name is Alig02 if you want to add me :)

Yeah thats what i used to do with another calorie counter. Or i would get tired of trying to find the calories of the homemade things i made which is alot. Ive already been counting and adding so many today ugh! Lol i will add you! Thanks!