Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2012 --- Band Buddies Unite!

Dee, I forgot to mention that I make my Protein Shakes with coconut milk it's high in potassium and I take supplements.< /p>

Ok' date=' now Im having major anxiety, because I was never told no more than 4 oz. At a time! So, what does 4 oz. look like in a measuring cup? 1/2 cup? I need an exact measurement please.[/quote']

4oz is half of a baby bottle. Hope that helps. :)

I've been eating a little less then 1/2 of a cup. Don't get aniexty, just know that each new day you'll become more and more aware of what your body needs and you'll start feeling it...Yesterday I thought I was going to "blow up" and today it's like...oh..Now I get it.. I eat everything even drinks with a teaspoon and pause in between bites. It's a pain, but this is all temporary until we're able to work with our band. Hang in there. I'm only on Day 9 so maybe the experts will have better advice for you.

HI! I was banded on 12/17 - 2 1/2 weeks out and 15 lbs down. Started soft foods a few days ago and feel like I am going to gain weight. I'm scared to overeat, so then some days I know I'm not getting enough calories or Protein. I wonder when this feeling of "I'm never going to lose weight" will end.

Hi everyone!

Banded on 12/21/12 best decision I have ever made:) Started working out yesterday nothing crazy just some cardio with wii fitness! It feels great!

Is anyone else using my fit pal? I have been and I really like it to track what I am eating BUT i have to say it freaks me out a little bit to see all the nutrients I am lacking in like potassium and Vitamin A. I am hoping this improves once my diet is upgraded!

I am amazed at what little bit of food I eat and it satisfies me:)

Welcome!!! Congrats on getting banded … the best Christmas gift we could give ourselves! Many of us are on FitnessPal … look me up and feel free to add me: DLeigh77

:D

I am having a difficult time figuring out lapbandtalk.com I would like to respond to Dee1973 and cannot find an option to do that. It's probably because I'm so tired. I'm making myself stay up to the half the Protein requirements I need. I don't know how were supposed to just "sip" and get 64 oz of Water and 70 grams of protein. I take my protein in the morning with my Vitamins and the rest of the day my stomach and neck hurt. I think I'm drinking too fast. I don't think I'm figuring out how my body is working with this band. Maybe they needed to band my throat.LOL I don't start hurting for an hour or so after i drink.

Dee1973 I picked up some box Soups from "imagine" they are low sodium and made with soy milk, they are so good. Potatoes have over 800mg of potassium and these soups come in potatoe, tomatoe, butternut squash, split pea, lots and lots of variety. I've been getting bad leg aches at night so my dietictian told me to blend a banana with my Protein Shake which I've been doing in the morning. I've heard that Mucle milk protein does not have dairy in it, I need to check this out too. My concern is getting all the nurtrients that my body needs while the band is healing. If I waiit till my legs are sore or my hair is falling out, that's too late. But in adding all the vitamins I think it upsets my stomach. Everyone says you have to eat to lose weight, and I believe that, but after I have my first protein shake and try to get 16 oz of water throughout the day it's dinner time. I'll have to say, my husband is getting really nice dinners, because I'm so hungry:)

I was told just focus on the 70 grams of protein and 64oz of water, then if you have time and are still hungry then add the carbs, but I have yet to get that much protein and water in. But you know what, each and every day, things change, everything is constantly healing and getting better. Keep up the good work. Autumn

thank you so much autumn for your advice :). i was thinking about how everyone has a different plan that they were given from their nutritionists and sometimes you still have to find out what works. i was reading where you say you have to have 70 grams of protein and 64 oz of water. i too am about the same. and yes it seems like things are changing little by little. i am also on on the same page as having enough nutrients so the body can make sure it's getting enough. i do take some horrible Centrum Vitamin along with adding a chewable Biotin (1000 mcg) to a water bottle. water is key to taking that or else you may have breakouts. but it will help with hair, nails and skin. just trying to keep my hair ;). i think i may try a nice liquid vitamin that tastes great. i bought some along time ago. not sure who it was by. i'll check out the muscle milk too! my dad (79) and lil cousin have driven me to my bedroom because they go out to eat a lot. not good :(. so i know how you feel towards your hubby. i'll throw you an acronym i thought of (HIT- hang in there) and that's what we will do :D lastly, i'm going to sign up for my fitness pal. not sure when, but i'll let you know

Hi RNMellie,

I was banded on 12/21 as well. Tonight I did a walking dvd and felt really good after! I use the Leslie Sansone dvds to "Walk Away the Pounds." It reminded me just how out of shape I am! Lol

I use my fitness pal and really like it. Its cool to look up foods, track all my calories, and see how much I average during the day. I too am amazed at how little it takes to fill me up. If you have a myfit account, you can add me as a friend and we can look at each other's diaries :) My name is the same as on here: PBTango.

PBTango when I try to look you up on My fit pal it says to find friend by email? Us there a way to search by name?

I know, it does that for me too! I dont know how to add. Someone help!! :)

I know, it does that for me too! I dont know how to add. Someone help!! :)

Hope this helps:

1 - Go to the tab that says Community

2 - Then click on Find Members in the dark blue toolbar under Community

3 - In the username/email box, type in the username you are looking for and they should pop up!

4 - Once you have their name, click on it, and click 'add friend'.

I am DLeigh77 on there!

:D

Greetings all!! I was banded on 12/28/12 and am 1 week post op tomorrow... I am excited about noticiable changes already and am hopeful for future. I am new to the forum and hope to be able to share some fun things in the future.

December 31st. Bandster. Feeling great

I am very hungry though. I still can't believe that I couldn't go to the cupboard and gorge if I wanted to. I am very excited for the future.

Welcome I too was banded on the 28th. I am feeling better just all this gas kills me. If its not in my shoulder it is in my stomach. Icy-hot patch worked today.

Chad you got this! I am 3 days post op and feeling good. Port sight is sore and stomach feels like I did a million sit ups. Pain is not bad at all and I also had a pretty big paraesophogeal hernia repaired. Suprisingly enough I am hungry or at least I think I am. It goes away with a little Jello but getting Water and Protein Shakes are easier 3 days in. Honestly it does get tiring with the liquid diet stuff from pre op to 1st stage I just want to BITE something. Good Luck Chad and let us know how you do.

Yes, I was banded Monday and I am SICK OF LIQUIDS! But I am more sick of being fat. Lol