Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OMG i been slimmed

Ot fill thurs now 6.5 mls in a 10ml band, away from home stayed on liq.then mushy, just went down to Breakfast, had small yogurt and fruite sets, did eat much, then small haddock scrambled eggs, them wham pain pain and then the slim came OMG any suggestions

Oops! So sorry this happened but it does it was probably the eggs. Eggs were a problem for me for a long time, Breakfast especially was a problem for me in my early band days. Suggest some thing warm to drink before eating in the morning and maybe wait at least an hour after drinking before you eat. The band has a tendancy to be tight first thing in the morning, sometimes it is not the amount we eat but the texture of the food we eat and even if we chew well this can still happen. So you did nothing wrong! If this continues call your physician.

Yes, it sounds like you rushed your eating, or you tried to eat too much. Your fill was Thursday, and it is only Saturday. I am not sure where you are living, but if you ate that on Friday, that was too much too soon. If you ate it today, then still sounds like too much. But, as Lovethenewme, said, scrambled eggs can be hard to eat. Slimming can happen to us all. A worse part if that it is uncontrollable when it happens. Slow down, have some warm tea. relax a little! Best wishes. Karen

First, you should fill in your profile so we know you better and can offer more informed advice?

Sometimes we think of eggs as a slider food and it really isn't. You still need to take very small bites and chew, even if it's scrambled eggs. Learning to eat with the band can take many months. I know I thought I knew it all after 6 months of being banded but it took me nearly 9 months before I finally got it. And to this day I still have stuck episodes with sliming on occasion.

There is also the possibility that you are too tight. The only way to know is to follow the rules and if the sliming and getting stuck continue, you should ask for a small unfill. Likewise, give it some time as you could also still be a little swollen from the fill. The tiny extra squeeze around your stomach can cause some irritation which in turn causes some edema in the band area. This narrows the passage from the pouch to the stomach. Good luck.

tmf

I had my second fill on Thursday. My dr gave me 3cc, since I told him that the previous fill two weeks prior left me still feeling hungry. After the fill I sat and sipped Water, and immediately got pain, couldn't swallow, slime came, and I threw up the water. It was awful. I am just glad that I was still in the office, and he removed 1.5cc. I just hope I am not going to be hungry like I was before. It's only been a few days, but I do feel a slight difference in being full quicker, just hope it lasts a while. Any experience bandsters please let me know if this is a normal process to reaching my green zone---and if so how will I know when I reach it?

You should have stopped at the yogurt and fruit you definitely ate too much. There is no way you can eat yogurt fruit eggs and fish all in one sitting

Taijos,

It is normal and you may be mistaking full for satisfied? Satiety is the goal here.

You have reached the green zone when you can eat 1/2-1 cup of food and you feel like you are satisfied and can stop eating. If you can eat 300-400 calories of healthy foods per meal with the proper nutrition distribution, you are probably in the green zone.

For many of us that means weeks or months of learning how to eat with the band. It's a re-education of your eating habits and it seldom comes naturally. For most of us, it meant finding restriction by eating the wrong foods or eating the wrong way and discovering that the band won't allow everything we eat to pass through without a struggle. Stuck episodes and sliming were part of the education for me. This makes you re-think how you eat. How fast you eat, how large your bites are and how much you chew, play a large part in reaching and managing your green zone maintenance plan.

The green zone rarely just happens, it's a aha moment and comes and goes as will your band's attitude.

Hope this helps?

tmf

I agree with the above posts. In the morning, many of us tend to be a bit tighter so may need to go easy in the a.m. Also, for me, no matter how small, slow, or how much I chew, scrambled eggs and I do not work. However, if I have regular grilled (over medium) eggs, I am able to eat those. I get "stuck" every time w/ scrambled eggs. Also, I do sometimes have a cup of Decaf coffee first to help loosen things up in the a.m. before eating and that helps.

Make sure you keep to no more than 1 cup of food per meal. I am almost 6 months out and still learning how to eat w/ the band. Trial and error, learning from others, etc. is helping.

Good luck to you!

Go slow... sliming is no fun. You may want to stick to liquids for a day.

Good luck!

Bee Well

No fun...for some reason I couldn't have eggs...every time I would slime...I mean fast and furious!!! But now I can have them scrambled with cheese or poached not fried, crazy right? Try coining them or avoid for a time. The fills seem to change some of the things we can and can't eat. I just recently had a 1/4cc unfill and I'm able to eat some salads...trial and error.

Thank you guys for taking the time to reply, can not find were to fill in profile but I was banded 1st Oct surgery I was filled with 4mls now 2nd fill 6.5mls on Thursday in London, I was 13stone1lb at start, I am now 11stone 4lbs still got 2stone to go, I am 54yrs and 5ft, I just wanted to add that I only had two three small amounts of fruit yogurt, and even less of haddock scrambled egg, but I think you are right about eggs, and my band has always been tight am, but I am so afraid now of what I can eat, it's hard this learning curb, still feel full, but I want to make good choices....so again I do appreciate all comments....

Hi there. Congrats on your surgery. To update your profile, click on your name on the top right of this screen, then go to your profile, near the top on the right it will say edit profile and you can enter your age, surgery date, etc.

You should have stopped at the yogurt and fruit you definitely ate too much. There is no way you can eat yogurt fruit eggs and fish all in one sitting

Congrats Queen B on reaching your goal girl:)) That is fantastic. I will be banded on Tuesday. So looking forward to it and still nervous in a way. Again congrats. I know you feel wonderful! Glad to see something positive come out of the band:)