Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need an inspiration!

Hi all,

I have a crazy goal. I want to lose a total of 68 lbs by March 11th...thats 3 months from now. I have lost 25 lbs in 5.5 weeks so far, so I have 43 to go. Has anyone done this-and I mean the healthy way-and have a story to tell? My company has a bi-yearly convention so I will be seeing people I have not seen in 2 years and it is in Vegas, so I want to be comfortable on the plane and fit into some shnazzy clothes. I think it's reachable but if there is anyone out there who had made it happen, it would make it that much more attainable for me! Thank you!

So... 43 pounds in 3 months? That sure is a lofty goal. When I was loosing- eating low carb/low fat and working out almost every day I lost an average of 10 pounds per month. I would focus on staying on your program until the event, and I am sure you will look great. You don't want to set yourself up for dissapointment by focusing so much on a number.

That really is a large number and I do not think that much weight in 3 months is healthy to lose.

i know i would love to lose (that amount by march myself) but i dont set myself up (number wise) just in case i dont reach it....as in my past dieting life i would be upset and say to hell with it and have a good ole pity party. how about doing what you are doing right now, eating good and healthy, exercising and losing what you can by that time? you may surprise yourself

and if by chance you dont lose (that specific number) you will have lost a good amount i am sure and most def some inches (which is what matters to me)..you are doing fabulous. keep going :)

I am sure with hard work you can get close to that. But then every body is different.. I wouldn't have thought 13-14lbs a month would be unhealthy.. My goal for this month was 15lbs lol.. You all are most likely right, I doubt I will reach that goal, especially since I haven't hit it hard.. just moderately.. I would think as long as you are eating healthy, ( not starving yourself ) and exercising.. and if you lose that weight then awesome.. but if you don't.. know you gave it your all and be proud of what you did accomplish :)

I would say the safest thing would be to set a goal of 2 lbs per week. Your Dr would most likely agree. Banders are supposed to lose 1-2 per week. Anything else is awesome! But the average ideally would be 2 per week. It's the healthiest and safest.

Hi all' date='

I have a crazy goal. I want to lose a total of 68 lbs by March 11th...thats 3 months from now. I have lost 25 lbs in 5.5 weeks so far, so I have 43 to go. Has anyone done this-and I mean the healthy way-and have a story to tell? My company has a bi-yearly convention so I will be seeing people I have not seen in 2 years and it is in Vegas, so I want to be comfortable on the plane and fit into some shnazzy clothes. I think it's reachable but if there is anyone out there who had made it happen, it would make it that much more attainable for me! Thank you![/quote']

Hey Jen,

Congrats on your progress and path : ) Goals are awesome !

I don't know how much you currently weigh so it's hard to know if your 5.5 is crazy or just a big stretch. I suggest based on what's worked for me (over 250 lbs lost) and others I have worked with ( all 100+ losers) that you Focus on the Process and not on the Result. This means you "control the controllable" and give the results up.

Focusing on the process (controlling the controllable) means being 1000% diligent in the following areas:

1-Food Plan (quantity/quality/timing)

2-Exercise (quantity/quality/timing)

3- sleep (quantity/quality/timing)

If you REALLY focus on these 3 things and zero in on the Quantity, Quality and Timing of each every day then your mind will be free and the results will follow.

Keep in mind as others have suggested - this is a new Life you have... not a new Diet. Unlike diets you have no finish line ... Focus on the process control the controllable and Results will come.

The secret key is Exercise FIRST THING IN THE MORNING and going to bed EARLY.

Hope in Your Future is Power in Your Present

Lee

Thanks for that Lee. I may see where I go wrong. I exercise at night and go to bed to darn late.

Thanks for that Lee. I may see where I go wrong. I exercise at night and go to bed to darn late.

Great! I am on my way this morning ... A huge help is a HR monitor - not only tracks cal burn but helps with intensity of exercise and safety of knowing how far to push yourself.

Good luck !

Lee