Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting banded on the 12th-So emotional!

I've had other surgeries, so it's not the procedure itself that worries me. I've been so emotional for the last few days, and I guess it's nerves. I hope I can do this, part of me just wants to say forget it, but then the hope of actually being at a normal weight for the first time since kindergarden is really exciting. IDK

Nerves are normal this close to surgery, just relax and continue to think about the positive step you are making to have a healther life. Good luck to you!

You are being completely normal. I know I for one thought about calling it off. So glad I didn't.

Focus on the new you, how about what you're going to look like next Christmas, woohoo!

You can do this!

Thoughts & prayers for a speedy recovery & a successful journey!

Trust me...you will be glad you did it! I LOVE my band!

I'm getting banded on the 28th of this month....I have begun to get nervous too. I have thought about calling it off too. I look on this forum for comfort, motivation, and advice. The thought of feeling good again is so exciting...not being out of breath, not having aching/painful joints, and buying clothes at a regular store! Look towards the future and seek support...we can all do this together!

I know exactly what you mean..... My surgery is on the 13 th.... I have talked myself out of it a couple times also.... But then I think.... This is for me.... I want and I need this! I want to buy normal size clothes, run with my son, and one day many years down the road play on the floor with my grandkids! Do this for you!!

I'm nervous too... just take a deep breath. We'll get through this on Wednesday. Thursday may be rough, but by Friday, I suspect we'll both be looking forward to our new lives! I was REALLY nervous last week, but today I started to get really excited. I imagine I'll roller-coaster down and back up again before Wednesday gets here, but that's ok. We wouldn't be freaking out if this had been an easy decision to make or if it wasn't important. It's a major life change... THIS is important. THIS is freak-out worthy.

But you'll be just fine. Don't let yourself forget why you made this choice. :)

December 17th, one week from tommorrow I go in and I AM READY! I originally was to go in tomorrow but as I am a grad student, I thought that finals week would be stressful enough without surgery and its recovery. My biggest fear? Losing my identity. Not appearance-wise but personality wise. I am wondering who I will be and how I will change psychologically as my physical appearance changes. I have never been at a "normal" weight so I don't know how I will feel about it. Sounds funny and like I am not 100% committed to the process, but I am ready and fully prepared for a lifetime lifestyle change. Just a lot of internal thoughts and questions swirling around.

Good Luck to all those being banded. I've had mine now for almost 7 months and it was the best thing I've ever done!

I'm only having my first appointment for the first time tomorrow and I've also been on an emotional rollercoaster already. I can only imagine what you're going through with the surgey only being day away. I think what you're going through is normal. Being nervous is ok! You are going to be getting something lifechanging done... you're going to experience life as a skinny, fit, and healthy woman, which many of us, I'm assuming you included, have never experienced before! It's like learning how to walk... we have to learn how to live life not as an obese person and that's scary! It's also extremely exciting! No more walking up the stairs and getting winded, no more sitting in armed chairs and having the arm rests dig into you hips and thighs! You'll be able to cross you legs! But most importantly, you're going to be healthy and feel good about yourself! Embrace all of these emotions because they are going to be the driving force to your success! We're all here for you! I'm so excited for you!!

thanks everyone, you guys made me feel better. I wish I had known about this group in the beginning of the process. Lots of luck to everyone else getting banded this week.

I've had other surgeries' date=' so it's not the procedure itself that worries me. I've been so emotional for the last few days, and I guess it's nerves. I hope I can do this, part of me just wants to say forget it, but then the hope of actually being at a normal weight for the first time since kindergarden is really exciting. IDK[/quote']

I know how you feel. I'm so emotional to and so nervous. I have never had any kind of surgery. been in the hospital twice Having two kids. But nothing else and that was 21 years ago. I'm so tankful for this forum because it really helps. Good luck and my thought and prayers are with you on your journey. I'm being banded on December 17.

December 17th' date=' one week from tommorrow I go in and I AM READY! I originally was to go in tomorrow but as I am a grad student, I thought that finals week would be stressful enough without surgery and its recovery. My biggest fear? Losing my identity. Not appearance-wise but personality wise. I am wondering who I will be and how I will change psychologically as my physical appearance changes. I have never been at a "normal" weight so I don't know how I will feel about it. Sounds funny and like I am not 100% committed to the process, but I am ready and fully prepared for a lifetime lifestyle change. Just a lot of internal thoughts and questions swirling around.[/quote']

I'm on the17th to good luck.