Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have been banded almost 6 months. I am down 45 lbs. I am a teacher at a middle school and my son is in 1st grade. He rides and ESE bus, so there are kids of all ages. He came home today and told me a kid on the bus that goes to my middle school called me fat. I told him I don't care and it didn't bother me what kids say, it really bothered him and wants me to have the boy stop. I don't even know who the kid is...I guess I will talk to the bus driver. I feel more sad for my son. Just venting.

I feel good about myself right now. I've lost 36 pounds. I want to lose 75 so I feel good. I feel as though I look better, I definitely feel better. One of the ladies I work with the other day made a comment while describing someone she was talking about, which was trying to explain how big someone she had seen the day before was, and she said that the lady was bigger than me. The way she said it was like can you believe she's that big.....At first my feelings were hurt because I have tried so hard to lose and feel like I've done well for two months. Then I decided to consider the source and move on. I can't let things people say upset me or hurt me. It's so hard when we're kids though..I definitely feel for your son.

I have been banded almost 6 months. I am down 45 lbs. I am a teacher at a middle school and my son is in 1st grade. He rides and ESE bus, so there are kids of all ages. He came home today and told me a kid on the bus that goes to my middle school called me fat. I told him I don't care and it didn't bother me what kids say, it really bothered him and wants me to have the boy stop. I don't even know who the kid is...I guess I will talk to the bus driver. I feel more sad for my son. Just venting.

Way to go raising a kind and caring son.

Too bad the other boys parents didn't.

Ya.... I don't care either but if it hurts your son I would definately have someone at the school deal with it, or the driver.

Wow! It never ceases to amaze me mans inhumity to man. When my Son was growing up, and he had adhd, oh! YOU WOULD NOT BELIEVE. PLUS he ended up being gay, and the kids at school had a notion, but I was clueless. DONT MISS THAT! But I can give you some advice. Dont sugarcoat it. Talk to your Son about if he wants to be like that to hurt people just for the sake of doing it. Tell him to use those kids as an excellent example of how HE DOESNT WANT TO BE!

Tell him that hitting hurts, but words only hurt if you let them. Because (you should tell him) he cant change everyone, ONLY THE WAY he reacts to them.I feel for your family having this sort of thing going on, but kids are mean. If they smell blood they attack. More than anything he must not let them know that it hurts. IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE! He cannot fight your battles, just a child. If ya think they are mean now, just wait and see when they know they have goaded him.

The best revenge is living well. Lose the weight. it might be even more incentive. GOOD LUCK! Kids like that feel mean inside, as something IN THEIR HOME makes them want to hurt, and lash out. Id drive my kid to school until Id lost the weight , but thats me. I actually HAD TO DO THAT VERY THING, before he got hurt badly. Kids with rubberbands and paperclips, almost got him in the eye. Thank goodness it didnt. But after driving him for a while and when he went back on the bus most of those kids (who just happened to be transient in nature, Florida, apartment living heathens) had moved away or forgotten, and it was fine. Ive nothing against apartments these kids just happened to have this living arrangement and were heathens. One was from a rich home, but he went on to middle school, while my child stayed in grammar school. Lawd, I wrote a book, but this struck a nerve. GOOD LUCK AGAIN! Sincerely, been there Sandy

I have to say that everyone on this thread is very kind hearted. I had a child moo at me one day and I bent down and whispered all kinds of sweet words in her ear... Ok, they weren't too sweet. I can't stand trashy, bratty children. And this incident would definite fuel me to lose weight. Good luck girl! And congrats on raising a sweet boy!

I was picking my 4 year old up from preschool, and one of the kids stood up and pointed at me and exclaimed "you're fat!" Then looked at my daughter and said, "you're mom is fat." My daughter got really upset, and yelled at him not to talk about her mom. I just smiled and told him, "you're right, but it hurt my feelings when you said that". Then I went to my car and cried, unfortunately, in front of my daughter. I'm not that thick-skinned. Btw, I wouldn't get involved in the bus situation unless its ongoing and your son isn't effective on his own when he tells the kid to stop or just ignores it.

Wow! It never ceases to amaze me mans inhumity to man. When my Son was growing up' date=' and he had adhd, oh! YOU WOULD NOT BELIEVE. PLUS he ended up being gay, and the kids at school had a notion, but I was clueless. DONT MISS THAT! But I can give you some advice. Dont sugarcoat it. Talk to your Son about if he wants to be like that to hurt people just for the sake of doing it. Tell him to use those kids as an excellent example of how HE DOESNT WANT TO BE!

Tell him that hitting hurts, but words only hurt if you let them. Because (you should tell him) he cant change everyone, ONLY THE WAY he reacts to them.I feel for your family having this sort of thing going on, but kids are mean. If they smell blood they attack. More than anything he must not let them know that it hurts. IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE! He cannot fight your battles, just a child. If ya think they are mean now, just wait and see when they know they have goaded him.

The best revenge is living well. Lose the weight. it might be even more incentive. GOOD LUCK! Kids like that feel mean inside, as something IN THEIR HOME makes them want to hurt, and lash out. Id drive my kid to school until Id lost the weight , but thats me. I actually HAD TO DO THAT VERY THING, before he got hurt badly. Kids with rubberbands and paperclips, almost got him in the eye. Thank goodness it didnt. But after driving him for a while and when he went back on the bus most of those kids (who just happened to be transient in nature, Florida, apartment living heathens) had moved away or forgotten, and it was fine. Ive nothing against apartments these kids just happened to have this living arrangement and were heathens. One was from a rich home, but he went on to middle school, while my child stayed in grammar school. Lawd, I wrote a book, but this struck a nerve. GOOD LUCK AGAIN! Sincerely, been there Sandy[/quote']

Wow! You didn't live in Polk County FL did ya!!?? That's where I am and I know the type! Thanks for the encouraging words!:)