Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have a problem eating chicken? Anytime I eat it, even in small bites, if I eat something afterwards, it comes up. I want to say the chicken gets stuck, but I'm not exactly sure what the stuck feeling feels like.

chicken can be very difficult to digest, especially if reheated. This was the one food that caused me to PB more than anything else. Try eating it in broth or Soup in very small bites. Wait between bites and do not try to push it down with liquids it will only make you throw up. Deli meats and ground meats sometimes work better or grilled or baked fish. Trial and error in the beginning, but it gets easier as time goes by and you learn your band. eggs were another issues for me

I agree "withlovethenewme", you need to keep the chicken moist as much as possible. There are many ways to do this, like said chicken broth. You can also simmer it in marinara sauce, lemon juice/chicken broth, BBQ Sauce, lemon juice/plain yogurt, low fat condensed Soups such as cream of mushroom and chicken, they even make light alfredo sauce now. My chicken always comes out most and tender because I slice it very thin before cooking and while simmering I 'cover' the pan with a lid to keep all the moisture in. Pause inbetween eating chicken when you start to take your next bite of whatever foods you are eating with it. Take very small bites, and mince in your mouth. OMG< I litterally chew food till its mush in my mouth before swallowing.

As said, it is a learning process that takes a while to get use to ....

I made my Turkey this year with Brine and it turned out so moist. I think I will start using it with chicken as well. I got it at Williams sonoma, not sure where else it is

I've got stuck on chicken twice. I take all the precautions, it just gets stuck

Try Schwans breast unbreaded it is the only chicken I can eat.

I add olive oil and lemon with rosemary seasoning. It seems to moisten it up...don't over bake or over sauté.

I have tried a lot of versions of chicken. The only kind I could eat was in a cream of mushroom sauce. Outside of that, no luck.

TWO WORDS...CROCK POT!!!! I EAT 24 OZ OF chicken BREAST A DAY, I HAVE NO ISSUES IF I CROCK POT THOSE BABIES!!!

Cut small pieces, like you already do and put a little bit of your moist veggies in your mouth along with the chicken. Overcooked carrots do this well.

Also, are you cutting your chicken against the grain while prepping it? Try that.

I have not tried chicken yet, but tried scrambled eggs today and it did not end well. I didn't think that i over ate but about 20 minutes later it turned ugly. Kind of makes me nervous to try chicken hearing all the problems that people have had. So far eggs and noodles are not my friends.

I have not tried chicken yet' date=' but tried scrambled eggs today and it did not end well. I didn't think that i over ate but about 20 minutes later it turned ugly. Kind of makes me nervous to try chicken hearing all the problems that people have had. So far eggs and noodles are not my friends.[/quote']

Oh great!! Next week when I can finally start chewing, my doctor said to try scrambled eggs. Now I'm worried! And I love chicken!! Ooooooh!

Scrambled eggs are fine... it is just that you have to focus on bite size. Same with chicken. If it is too big and you don't chew enough it can be a problem. Yes ladies, even scrambled eggs need to be chewed!

Scrambled eggs are fine... it is just that you have to focus on bite size. Same with chicken. If it is too big and you don't chew enough it can be a problem. Yes ladies' date=' even scrambled eggs need to be chewed![/quote']

Thanks!!! I feel like I don't know how to chew, since I've been on a liquid diet the a week lol