Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hungry All The Time:(

Hi it's only been 2 weeks since my op and I'm now hungry all the time and I've been craving chocolate like mad so I've had a few milky ways I know this is not good what can I do. Drinking Water is not an option as I hate water I feel as though I'm going down the slippery slope again.

I am sorry you are hungry all the time but why the complete disregard of your band? Eating solids 2 weeks after surgery is dangerous unless thats what your dr ordered which I would be surprised to hear. And candy isnt exactly a nutritious selection. Usually during this time its liquids and mushies... did your Dr give you a post op diet?

The band is a tool but you have to put forth the effort. And as much as this sounds like I am being uncaring.... its the honest truth.

I also have to say I am surprised that you even went ahead with the surgery if drinking Water is not an option, as staying hydrated and full, most often means drinking water - flavored or plain. Sounds like 2 weeks in, you are setting yourself up to fail and sabotaging your own success.

Have you tryed Propel flavored waters.....

I have to agree you have to have your mind set

and we all go off the plan but pick something healthy....

When your on solids ....You can do this...

get your head in the game !!!

Hi all thanks for the advice I have not went completely off the rails I am on mushy food for the next two weeks I'm sure I'm not the only one finding it tough and obviously it just takes a bit of time to adjust to this new way of eating

I have paid a lot of money for this band so I am not going to fail I am just finding it hard I suppose I thought I just wouldn't feel as hungry and all my cravings would disappear which I know realistically that's not going to happen I do drink flavoured Water and juice most of the day and my first fill is in two weeks time and I will have a word with the dietician also that day so that she can give me the correct advice so that I am not eating the wrong things.

Thanks again :)

I can't stand Water either. I drink flavored waters or Fuze, but I RARELY drink water. It took a lot of trying (and help from people here) to find other things I like. I went to a gas station and bought like 10 different drinks but I found something I like (FUZE slenderize), so stick with it. You'll figure it out, too!

good for you for coming here and be brave enough to tell us. We all want to to succed as we all do. This next they is very very hard and it will take all of your control. Empty your house from the foods not approved and you know what are. Try some different things to drink, chicken broth make your own, Snapple is my favotie, hot tea, coffee.after the third fill I m not hungry all the time, I eat but the clock and my tracker..The band works best when the fill is right and it will come for you. you also need time to heal and get rid on toxions in your body so this time is important use it for a new start on life. it is hard but I promise it gets better start setting yourself up...clean the house and go shopping you can do this.

I drink Water all day until around 6 pm or I will be up all night peeing! Water helps with many things but specifically BMs. I don't really like water mysef but after a couple incidents I have learned to embrase it!

If you do not like Water, there are many other options. I enjoy some of the diet snapple flavors, I add the mio liquid enhancer (comes in many flavors) to my Water, hot tea, and Decaf coffee with sugar free Creamer (love the pumpkin spice). You need to focus on what you CAN have, not what you cannot.

Get the milky ways out of the house. I rarely crave chocolate anymore (too sweet) however, I used to keep sugar free Jello brand chocolate mousse cups in the fridge and they are yummy and only 70 calories or a skinny cow icecream bar. You cannot make a daily habit of it but they are good to have on hand when you are really craving it.

Talk to your nutritionist about how many calories you should be taking in, how much Protein, etc. It is CRITICAL to your success and your health to get it right. Also, be honest about what you have been eating with your NUT.

Also, I would suggest finding distractions for yourself. A lot of our eating comes out of boredom... go for a walk, read a book, do something.

Lastly, my NUT advises when I feel hungry to drink something and then in a while if still hungry go ahead and eat. Often thirst can be confused for hunger.

You owe it to yourself to take this a lot more seriously. No more excuses of eating multiple candy bars and not liking water. There are alternatives.

Not to sound harsh but saying that for your own good as I do want you to succeed.

Hi it's only been 2 weeks since my op and I'm now hungry all the time and I've been craving chocolate like mad so I've had a few milky ways I know this is not good what can I do. Drinking Water is not an option as I hate Water I feel as though I'm going down the slippery slope again.

Hey Taz, you have to stay strong and hang in there! It does get better! Your new stomache is still healing, remember it takes up to 6 weeks to do so. YOU must drink water and keep yourself hydrated. If you dont like the taste of plain water I suggest you start slicing up fresh fruits like oranges or lemons and limes and add them to your water for flavor. Water believe it or not will help you to heal and keep you from going back to the hospital from dehydration.

Now, if you are craving chocolate really bad try a frosty chocolate Protein shake. Its filling, you get plenty of Protein from it and you will get that chocolate taste you crave. Is sugar free Chocolate pudding on your diet list? if so have it for taste, but please don't jeopardize your band by putting solids in your new stomache.

You can do this!