Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What size do you want to be?

It has been so long since I wore anything in "regular" sizes...and in the interim, the vanity sizing has caused a HUGE difference in sizes, so I'm clueless...and goal-less.

I know that, back in the day, what was a size 12 for Marilyn Monroe would be about a 6 now.

I read about people (about my height) who are wearing a 12 or 14 but who are FAAAAAAR heavier than I was back when I wore those sizes...and my first instinct is to wonder why they would lie about their clothing sizes, since they OBVIOUSLY are larger than that. But they aren't. The sizes have just REALLY changed. So I have no goal...how sad.

Why is everyone here shooting for 10-12'ish? Why not single digits? We have the ability to be as skinny as we want. Why not shoot for a size similar to the people you see laying out in the sun in Miami or Malibu. Come on people, imagine being a size where you fit in with the people getting a sun tan on the beach. That's my goal, I want to be a size where I can run around the beach in a pair of shorts and not be embarrassed.

Its not about being skinny, its about being healthy.

Fitting in is not about the fat you carry or don't carry around your belly, its about the attitude you carry in your head. I can fit in anywhere I go.

I'd love to be a size 14, but I'll settle for a 16. I'm 5'10" and I realize now that anything less than a size 14 would make me look to skinny.

I was wearing a size 28 when i started my journey.. I am now into size 18s Mostly . Some of my 20s still fit pretty baggy but stay up. I would love to be back to a size 8. I would be estatic to be back into a 16 right now but i need to get off my arse and get moving.. movement keeps me from gaining.

where ever i end up is where i really need to be. be it a 14 or a 10 or GOd WIlling an 8 or a 6. Just know ing that I am allowing myself to be molded into the person I have always felt i should be on the outside is a a great acomplishment for me already!!

best of luck to you all.

I am currently a 16W or an tight 18 regular---I am getting banded tomorrow...during pre-op my 18's are not tight any longer. I hope to get to a size 10...or maybe an 8 ( that might be a little greedy!)

Aren't sizes so strange... Here I am in an 18M and I weigh 262 right now!!! I am 2" taller than you though. What a difference 2" makes...

I am almost 5'8" and I currently weigh 216. I am in mostly 18, 18W,some 16 and 16W. I have never been in a 16/16w in all my adult life. I do agree sizes are a bit larger. Single digit sizes for me would be incredible. Realistically, at my age, a 10/12 might do it. I'm still gonna go for single digit though. At this point I am more jiggly in an 18 than I was at 22 years old!!

What a cool thread idea.

Heck, I don't know what my 'goal' size is anymore.

I was so fat for so long that anything without a "2" in front seemed like a gift to me, LOL.

I'm a Shopper - and I absolutely love clothes.

So my initial goal was to get into any normal store (not designer, just 'normal' store) and be able to fit into something off the rack... I got to that point.

And now I can pretty much wear any 12-14 top and 14-16 bottoms depending on the store. (I have to wear Tall or Long in pants sizes, so I'll never be exactly "off the rack" but now I can generally buy clothes in most places.)

Cool.

( CONFESSION:

But normal store clothes is not what I desire.

Nope!

Not even close.

I want to be able to wiggle into Designer Sportswear brands. In little "Junior sizes."

I mean, brands like
(I could usually wear the tops but can only just get into the more casual, sporty
Bebe Sport
clothes now *after* losing weight, sigh) are what I crave and I am nowhere near their jeans sizes yet.

Ultimately I desperately, desperately, desperately want to be able to fit into a pair of true designer jeans (like
Citizens for Humanity
- or as I call them
"Skinny Citizens for Humanity"
jeans,
Joes Jeans
Seven for All Mankind
(which I have also nicknamed
"Size Sevens for All Mankind"
because anyone bigger than Size Seven might have trouble wiggling into them :mad: ), Chip and Pepper, True Religion,
) and etc... Most of those jeans retail in the $175 to $300 range and none of them fit me.

Isn't that crazy?

What makes us humans want things so badly, just because we can't have them?:Banane04:

So if I have any hope of ever squeezing into any of these brands - I'd have to get down to a Junior size 9 - and I wasn't even that small during the (beloved) Phen Fen years.
)

If I aimed to be what I call Unrealistically Fashionable or even Fashionably Unrealistic :mad: - I'd go for a junior size 9.

I'm tall and could pull it off - I think I'd honestly look like a video girl, seriously.

But

More realistically, it'd be a miracle if the Band helps me get down to a Misses 10 or 12.

That's my story!

HAPPY BAND JOURNEYS TO ALL....

Whoa, good topic... I always talk about what size I want to be, which is a 12.. But I will settle for anything less than what I am now, and that a 22. I am 5'8, 260. I guess a single digit may be okay, but I have never been that size and cant imagine what I would look like.

For me, the perception of size/weight is relative. On fen/phen I got down to 160# (I'm 5'11"), but I could see that I still had a bit of belly, and thought that if I could get to 145# I'd be just right. I remember that people who were just a little overweight (far thinner than I had been a few months earlier) looked "pudgy" when I was at 160#. I suppose the same is true for beauty, money, etc.

I originally set my goal at size 14, but my 16's now are getting baggy and I still don't like the way I look (currently: 14/16 on top; 16 on bottom)

started out at 22W

My pre-op starting weight was 269. The absolute largest I've ever been. I am only 5'1" so this was HUGE for me. I was a size 28 pushing 30 when I started. Now I fit comfortably into a size 24. My first goal is to get down to a size 12. My next and hopefully final size will be a 7/8. I used to be a size 7 and weighed 113 my senior year in high school, but that was over 20 years ago!! Boy, you have to love the years and what they do to our waistlines and not to mention our butts.... LOL

I have a closet FULL of 5/6. Even when I was getting to be size 8, I bought things in a 6 to wear as soon as I lost those 5 pounds (HA). So many of my clothes even have tags! I know that sounds crazy and I probably am a little, deffinately was in denial when I finally hit 192 at 5'7" it was time to make a change. So, I would be SO happy to get into my skinny jeans of 5 years ago. (Who am I kidding, when I get to a 6 I am getting all new jeans...lol)

I am currently wearing a size 24-26 depending on brands. I would love to be a 10! I think an 8 would be pushing it since I am 5'7".

Christy

I started at 22W..now 16w...at 5'3", I'd like to be a 10 and I don't ever remember being an 8..so I'd be tickled pink if i were an 8!!!!

I started out at a 22, and now wear an 18. It sucks being short sometimes *sigh* I have no idea what my goal size is. anything under a 10 would be dreamy a 4-6 would be like a dream come true. I'll just have to wait and see where my band takes me.