Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What size do you want to be?

Hi

I'm having my surgery May 25 06 and right now i'm size 22. my goal is size 6. thats along way to go but i am 5' o inches and was small bone. so i think 115 is my ideal weight. Im hoping for next summer to be there. I will need support but i will also be supportive of all of you

thanks

Not everyone will look good in a single digit. My sister is 6'2" and very large frame. If she was an 8, she would look sick!

There is NOTHING wrong with wanting to be 10-12ish!!! That is very realistic for us that started at 26/28.

Why is everyone here shooting for 10-12'ish? Why not single digits? We have the ability to be as skinny as we want. Why not shoot for a size similar to the people you see laying out in the sun in Miami or Malibu. Come on people, imagine being a size where you fit in with the people getting a sun tan on the beach. That's my goal, I want to be a size where I can run around the beach in a pair of shorts and not be embarrassed.

Welll.. I'm 5' 7" and weigh 306 lbs. I currently wear 24 - 26 in pants and 22/24 or 26/28 in tops. I don't remember sizes that I wore during high-school or junior high... Seems like I went from the half-sizes @ Sears as a little girl (seems like they called them Huffy sizes?, that can't be right) to Lane Bryant with nothing in between. So, even at 6 or 7 years old, I couldn't wear "normal" clothes. I would love to wear a size 8, but I'd settle for not having to shop at big-girl, plus size, women size stores.. Can't wait to get my band!!!

I don't think it's realistic at my age to try to be a size 8 again......but a size 14 would do me. I've been thin all my life until I hit menopause. The last 10 years I've been over weight. I'm 5'5" and 270.5 lbs now. Yikes!!!!

Roberta

I started in a size 24. I'm now three months later in a 16. My goal is to be between a 6 and 8.

I was a size 8 for most of my life except the last decade where I hover around 14/16 or 1X. I want to get back into some rock-star clothes again like black leather jeans. I had some in college that I wore out! M an I was HOT back then!

I started in a size 24. I'm now three months later in a 16. My goal is to be between a 6 and 8.

Wow outstanding weight loss in 3 months. I hope I can do as well when I get my band.

Roberta

I'm 5'11". When I started out I was in 20/22W bottoms & 2X Tops.

I now fit (pretty darn comfortably) into Size 16Long Jeans from American Eagle & Old Navy. The boobs haven't gotten smaller (only longer) so I'm in XL or 1X shirts.

Because I'm in the big-boned sisterhood, I can't imagine I would ever be any smaller than a size 12. But, that's what I'm shooting for!

I just wish my feet would shrink a bit more!

I was a 22/24 and now I am a 14/16 I would like to be a 10... never been a 10!:)

I started in a 22/24 (very tight 22s).

I'm currently a 16/18 (but I don't buy 18's, :))

I would love to be an 8. I think that would be ideal for me. My sister has a similar frame to me and looks a little too thin in a 6.

I started out in 24/26 and can now comfortable fit into 16/18, and some 14s ...I am on the short side...so it is going to take me some time to get into the smaller sizes. I am like Heather P, I think I was in 16s when I was in elementary school...so I really have no clue where my size will end up. I am tempted to go look for some 12s just to see if I can find some that fit. It really depends on the maker..because I have a pair of Levi's jeans that I still can't get into very well and they are a size 24...what is that all about??

I am 5'7'' and am 16w and 1x or xxl tops. I would like to be a size 8 again and large top! I am getting close to 14's...

banded March 10th, 2006 by Dr.Ariel Ortiz

237/217

I'm another tall one who wouldn't know how to wear something in single digits. Well, my underwear is finally in the single digits, does that count? :)

I started in the multi-XXXs and 28/30/32 range. My "goal" is to be able to buy clothes in most clothing stores rather than having to seek out specialty stores. That probably won't ever happen unless I lose several inches in height, though. :)