Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What size do you want to be?

I'm a size 20 now but wish to be a size 1 or 2. Do they even make a size 1?

Realistically, my goal will be a size 6 or less. But I'm not sure if the left over skin I think I will have will allow me to be that size.

Actually they do make a size 0.

I'm 5'5" and started at a 24. Now I'm wearing an 18W jeans, and 16W skirts. Shirts are XL or XXL depending on how they are cut. I'm still not comfortable with stuff that's too clingy.

HA, I just reread my post. I change my mind. I AM a size 14 now and want to be a 12 at goal...........

5'11"

I started out at 22/24 top and 22 or 24 bottom, I am currently at a size 12 regular in the bottom and xl in tops. I would love to get to a size med. top and a 7/8 bottom.;)

While I dream about size 10's, I doubt that is actually reasonable. So my goal is going to be size 12. I'm not sure if thats quite reasonable either. I might need to settle for 14. We'll see. I just got back into my size 20's so that is nice at least. In high school it was mostly 16s and that was too heavy.

I started at a 20/22 and would FREAK OUT if I reached a regular, average 12. Omigosh, I fantasize about seeing a size 12 tag on my jeans!

I was just thinking about this. Decided that I was crazy to want to be a size ten. Thats not going to happen unless I either starve myself or take advantage of both vanity sizing and spandex simultaneously and manage to squeeze myself into something I shouldn't. Better for everyone if I don't do that. I think 12 or even 14 is more realistic for me. My mother, who is a few inches shorter than me, and a perfectly healthy normal weight is a size eight (sometimes ten petitie). All the women in my family are tall-- I'm one of the short ones. My aunts are taller than my and so are all my female cousins (on both sides of the family). And I'm not a shortie either. Last time I got measure I was closer to 5'8" and 1'2" and of course thats barefoot (I know one or two people who count gym shoes as part of their height...). A size six may one day fit on one of my thighs. That way I can just get two so I can have one for each thigh perhaps. Might look a little odd perhaps. A size six or even eight fitting on my whole body? I just can't possibly see that happening. I think its great to dream big and all, but I also find it important to do reality checks for myself from time to time. Today DH and I were watch the discovery health channel, mystery diagnosis. After that the before and after plastic surgery show came on. One of the people on it shocked us. Because she had such low self esteem. On most of these shows these people seem like real people. This was a woman who had had a couple of pregnancies and stuff. And now she had a belly and saggy boobs (Mine are saggier and I haven't even had kids yet!). She needed counseling or something. She talked about how she wouldn't go anywhere and didn't want to do anything because she felt so bad about herself. If she went to the beach with her family she wore a big black sweat suite. She didn't want to be intimate with her husband, etc. So she had the boob lift and Tummy Tuck and of course she was thrilled. DH was disapointed. He said "but she doesn't even look that different". He was expecting some major unparalled transformation after the way this woman was carrying on. I don't ever want to be like that where I let my self esteem get that caught up in my body or looks. So for now a 12 is my goal. But maybe it will end up being a 14. We'll see.

Sizes are so weird. I made most of my clothes in high school to save money and had a size 12 pattern that fit me at 132 lbs (I was 5'71/2" then). I saved one pair of pants in that size as "inspiration" to lose weight and now when I look at them they must be a 4! LOL After having twins (18 lbs of baby combined) there is no way I could be that small.

I started at a size 20 and didn't have much because I just couldn't find things I liked. Now I'm a 16 (at 185 lbs) and I am starting to get into shopping again. What fun!

My goal is a 10, but I would settle for a 12.

Does anyone know how clothing patterns run these days???

Started out as a 20-22 womens.I am a 5'4'' and my dream weight would be a 7/8 misses but I would be blissfully happy as a 10/12 misses .As of last week I am a 18w :) and some 16w tops are still 2x or 3x because my arms are still sooooooo huge(any suggestions on slimmer arms would grrrreatly be appreciated)I refuse to wear sleeveless tops which I can wear in a 1x or xl. Seriously I am gonna be grateful for where ever I end up as long as it's less than where I started.

I am a size 22 now, was a 24, I would love to be a size 7 or 8 but would be happy with a 10. I am 5'2 so I am hoping I can reach a size 7/8.

Surgery wt. 1/30/07 242

Current weight 226

goal wt. 150 or lower

Biggest size was a 28 (with a few 30's in my past). At surgery on 1/19/07, I was size 26 and some 24 bottoms. Currently mostly size 20 bottoms. I would be happy with a 14.

I started at a tight 24/26 and all my clothese are really loose. I have some 22's from last year and will wear them but will not buy clothese until the 18/20 mark. I look great at a 14 but hope to be a 12. I want to enjoy my work the next 12 years until retirement, and just want to feel good standing on my feet.

i started where i could only wear lane bryant catalog (not store) 6X which is a 42/44 in both top and bottom

i am now in a 24 or 26 pants/jeans and an 18/20 top. i can squeeze into some of my DH's XL t-shirts but you can really see my curves there...

i would love to be an 8 - 10 on bottom and a medium top but i will settle for 12 bottom large top.