Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Cat just died...

I had a 5 year old orange cat that Harley got for me when we first got together in the summer of 2001. He started out as Ms. Kitty, (the pound didn't realize he was a boy he was so little and young) and soon developed into Kitty and then simply "O".

When I was pregnant with Meleah I was told not to empty the litter box and hubby wasn't too thrilled about it. I asked Mo my 10 year old sister if she wanted to take care of him for me. She always wanted a cat that would let her love on him. O was a very affectionate cat and would let you do anything to him. I was down there last weekend and held him like a newborn baby and loved on him.

My mom called me at 4 am telling me that O wasn't feeling well. That he was crying and laying around in odd places he typically never did. I told her to take him to the vet and that I would pay for it that I couldn't come down there today because I had to work (it's only my 2nd day).

About 1/2 an hour later at 4:30ish she called and told me that he whimpered one last time, had a hard time breathing and died.

Please keep Mo in your prayers, she is going through so much right now (other things I can not talk about), now her cat has died.

I feel so torn because I can't call in my 2nd day to be there to help her deal with this. sad.gif

Here is the website of O. http://www.henderson-family.us/kitty.htm

Thanks!

Awwww I am so sorry to hear about O. It sounds like you guys really loved each other. Take comfort in know O did not suffer long.

I will keep Mo in my prayers.

I'm so sorry about your friend. He sounds like he was a wonderful, sweet boy who will leave a big void in your and your sisters lives.

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers...

Megan

oh you just break my heart. i am sitting here with my lard butt of a puss squeezing him tightly and praying for O and Mo. I hope she finds strength to deal with this, as well as you. Elwood (my kitty) and I have you in our thoughts.

I'm so sorry. He was still so young, and a handsome boy too!

They give us so much love, and become an important and loved part of the family. It's very hard on us that they live shorter lives.

A great quote on this that comforts me is:

"We who choose to surround ourselves with lives even more

temporary than our own, live within a fragile circle, easily

and often breached.

Unable to accept its awful gaps, we still would live no other way. We cherish memory as the only certain immortality, never fully understanding the necessary plan."

--Irving Townsend, from The Once Again Prince

I feel for you and your family. He's a handsome cat and I am sure that he knows he was well loved. I am very sorry your time with him was cut short.

I am so very sorry to hear about your cat..I feel so for Mo know how it feels to lose a cat u grow to love so much....

Have you guys and of course you handsome cat in my prayers...;):spider:

I'm so sorry for your loss. O was a beautiful cat - like a little Garfield. Our pets bring out so much good in us and they are missed so greatly when they're gone. I'll be praying for your family and good luck on that new job.

Being a mommy to 5 cats myself I can truely relate to the loss of your baby. I am so sorry to hear this bad news. My heart goes out to you and your family. My thoughts and prayers are with you all at this sad time. I hope your sister will not blame herself. It is truely like greiving the loss of a child.

I had a childhood cat who recetnly passed. He was with me since I was 14 years old. He died in september of 2005. He was 18 years old. It makes me cry to think he is gone, but I try to keep the memories of him when he was younger and playful and full of piss and vinegar in the front of my mind. I like to think he is in heaven playing with his favorite ball of my mom's yarn. I think O is enjoying the same. God bless you and your family.

I'm so sorry to hear about your cat. As a kitty-mommy to two very old cats, 18 and 17, I feel your pain. I know I'll have to go through it in the not too distant future. They say that death is a part of life. I say it's the suckiest part of life. Grieve for your beautiful kitty and let time heal your heart.

Oh Carrie!! I'm so sorry! We'll definitely keep O & Mo in our thoughts! And really, folks will be super understanding at first... she may need your hugs even more this weekend!

My cats are as dear to me as my children. I am sorry for your painful loss of such a sweet loving cat.