Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just Had To Share Strange Nsv

This is a strange NSV, but I wanted to share it.

I'm a Long Islander, and I was without power (and heat!) for 8 days following Hurricane Sandy. And for three days after my power came back on, we had my mother-in-law stay over because her power wasn't back yet. (She's nice, but I haven't told her about my surgery - she wouldn't understand.)

Here's my victory: During that whole time, I managed to make good food choices and not go for comfort food. In the past, I would have binged on Mallowmars and Devil Dogs. In a situation where I previously would have crumbled, my band helped me stand firm.

And today I got my reward: I'm down to 199!

Good for you. Congrats are in order here for real

I'm a Jersey shore girl, moved to CT, but with all my family down on the shore still. I kept thinking, who needed lap band- I don't think I ate more than a nibble since the Thursday before! And wasn't hungry! Not a diet I'd recommend for anyone- but I was able to get so much done. I'm sure some of it was my totally change in outook towards food, but i now understand when people say they are too busy, stressed, or forgot to eat. Now to try to get back to eating (health) as we settle in for the long haul.

Hope you made out ok. Our houses have a lot of Water damage and other to be expected issues, but in a town that lost 25% of the homes that is luck! No power, gas, or sewers for up to 6-8 months- but again, not feeling the need to eat makes it easier.

Hugs to anyone else going through this, we will all survive!

This is a strange NSV, but I wanted to share it.

I'm a Long Islander, and I was without power (and heat!) for 8 days following Hurricane Sandy. And for three days after my power came back on, we had my mother-in-law stay over because her power wasn't back yet. (She's nice, but I haven't told her about my surgery - she wouldn't understand.)

Here's my victory: During that whole time, I managed to make good food choices and not go for comfort food. In the past, I would have binged on Mallowmars and Devil Dogs. In a situation where I previously would have crumbled, my band helped me stand firm.

And today I got my reward: I'm down to 199!

Way to go! Hope things are getting better on the Island.

WOOOOOHOOOOOO! You ROCK!!!!!

Very exciting! SO glad you have power now and you made it to Onederland!

Awesome news! You are rocking your band!!

WTG! Congratulations! Glad you back with electric. I know how tough it is. Hurricane Charlie knocked our electric out.

great job you should be very proud and we sure r..........line dancer

Congrats!

Good for you! 199 for me might as well have been 120! Haha. I felt like a million bucks, and it just keeps getting better. After a short plateau I have now broken 190 and am at 188! Keep it up girl!

Thanks, everyone! Farmgirl04, my sympathies to your family down on the Jersey shore. The damage those communities suffered is heartbreaking. I have nothing to complain about, compared to so many people. I live on what would be the "spine" of Long Island -- neither north or south shore, so all we suffered was a little roof damage. It's hard to believe that so many of the beaches and towns I've visited are damaged or destroyed.

Wonderful NSV! But then you got the scale victory as well. Congrats on "onederland."