Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Be Honest- Is Banded Life Hard?

WHAT'S HARD is weighing over 450 lbs living connected to an oxygen machine barely able to walk 10 feet without "resting" being given a 3-5 years to live when barely 30 ... Every day waking up and living the life of an addict unable to stop binge eating going to bed hating yourself and trying to convince the world you don't care.

NO THE BAND IS EZ THE BAND IS FREEDOM THE BAND IS A USEFUL TOOL

Lee

269 lbs lost diabetes - lung disease - high Blood pressure and high cholesterol REVERSED - now living the free life : )

Wow ljcbf, you have done great! when did you get your lapband? 269 lbs is amazing, an you look amazing,too! Congrats!!!

I have been approved and now I am waiting for the nurse who has my case to call me and set up my surgery date and blood work. I have to do a two week liquid diet too. So I am on a day by day bases now.

My

Only response to this without reading all the comments.... Yes.... But so worth it! Good luck xoxoxox

Wow ljcbf' date=' you have done great! when did you get your lapband? 269 lbs is amazing, an you look amazing,too! Congrats!!![/quote']

Hi, thanks : ) banded 4/2009 - slow n steady still dropping.

Lee

WHAT'S HARD is weighing over 450 lbs living connected to an oxygen machine barely able to walk 10 feet without "resting" being given a 3-5 years to live when barely 30 ... Every day waking up and living the life of an addict unable to stop binge eating going to bed hating yourself and trying to convince the world you don't care.

NO THE BAND IS EZ THE BAND IS FREEDOM THE BAND IS A USEFUL TOOL

Lee

269 lbs lost diabetes - lung disease - high Blood pressure and high cholesterol REVERSED - now living the free life : )

Wow what an awesome testimony. Congratulations!

I love that you gave me the pros and cons.. it helps put it into perspective! Crossing my legs is something I've always wanted to do!! Thanks for sharing!

Questions for everyone/anyone... did vericose veins or spider veins fade or go away? Also' date=' what about stretch marks? I know everyone's body is different and excess skin depends on a lot of factors, but I'd love to hear what you all have to say.

Thanks everyone!![/quote']

Amazing!!!!

Overall, it isn't hard, but the weight loss part can be hard. I lost 50 lbs really fast, but it took me a year of really low calorie eating and massive amounts of exercise to lose 26 lbs, only to gain 10 lbs. of it back when I started an incredibly hectic schedule. I still have about 50 to go and I am worn out on eating like a rabbit. My band is really tight too. I am 6 years out and am still struggling. I have done right about average and have lost 50% of my weight. It is really hard to change your eating habits. I still want to eat naughty stuff and eat even when I am stuffed. I don't, but I want to and it's hard to resist. I only PB when I start my cycle, so that isn't a big problem.

Amazing!!!!

stretch marks don't generally go away. I don't have any hanging skin because I lost mine slowly overall. I haven't had any trouble with my spider veins since I lost my weight, but they are still there. Mine never got too bad. I do love that I look almost normal now. I love that I can wear size 14. I love that my feet are slim and I can wear a wider variety of shoes now. I love that I feel attractive and sexy.

I did want to add that I can't eat steak, ribs, or pot roast any more. I have trouble with Pasta as well. That is probably for the better though.

way to go everyone!!! I know during the holidays it was really hard, I gained about 4-5pds, but usually it would be over 10 and I feel good, and I feel that I am still in an awesome place...I always get worried if I am not following the rules as I should, drink more Water, do not drink .30 min after a meal...etc..I can get to relaxed, so back on track now!!!!!! and looking forward to this!!

thank you all for continuing to respond. I also truly appreciate all of your honest.

Kim- your post popped out at me because I am so scared that I am going to struggle with changing my eating habits also. I'm hoping that my loss of motivation (which I'm assuming will be inevitable sometimes) will somehow be kicked back into gear with the band. I truly feel my loss of motivation comes from me being so hungry that I just don't give a damn, therefore, making my weight loss stop and turn into weight gain... not sure if that makes sense.

This is going to sound horrible and I am totally embarrassed but here goes:

I was banded in March 2011. I followed a pre surgery liquid diet and was supposed to drink Protein Shakes for a full month after the surgery. Yeah' date=' right. I ate at my birthday party April 1. I got back on track and started working out and lost 30 pounds. I lost my job in June so when I went for my second fill I had not lost a single pound. I have found every way possible to circumvent this band. I wish I had never gotten it in the first place because my issues and addiction to food needed to be dealt with first. I had my lapband done in San Diego and now live in Indiana. I am trying to find a doctor who will see me as I am having so much acid indigestion I could just cry. I'm pretty sure my band has slipped and I have no medical insurance. Please please think long and hard about the band. If you have any mental food issues like I have then this band is not for you. I would not wish this on anyone!! Good luck![/quote']

I have been thru all of this and more. I have had severe acid reflux after losing my weight and needed to learn more. How to manage this with antacids and other pre-emotive medications and also food choices and not eating at certain times. We all have to keep learning, with or without the band, to live healthier and know our own bodies. I definitely feel so much better having lost the weight. Even though it is work and definitely a balancing act. But isn't all if life?

God bless you all!

I am going yo schedule my surgery date tomorrow but now I am contemplating between the band as the sleeve. I am so scared that I will fail on the band because if lack of willpower... I've failed on very other diet attempt, so how will this be any different? Is this a normal feeling? I'm torn and lost..

I am going yo schedule my surgery date tomorrow but now I am contemplating between the band as the sleeve. I am so scared that I will fail on the band because if lack of willpower... I've failed on very other diet attempt, so how will this be any different? Is this a normal feeling? I'm torn and lost..

speak to your dr about your feelings so you can make an informed decision. Personally I wanted no alteration of my body except a plastic piece wrapped around my stomach... But that's just me and I was at a point to sacrifice eating as I knew it for the greater good. If you aren't there you may want to look at the other options.

Of it may be that you are just getting cold feet which is very normal. Just speak to your dr and get his take based on your personal circumstances.