Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Feel Like I Am At A Standstill With My Weight :(

So I am extremely happy that in almost 7 weeks I have lost 28-29 lbs. I say 28-29 lbs because I go up and down each day. I also am stuck at this weight and have been for two weeks. I don't eat white carbs and actually try to stay away from carbs altogether. I am increasing my exercise but am confused as to why I am stuck at this weight...I was banded on 09/10/2012 and had a fill on 10/17/2012. I go in on 10/30/2012 and am going to ask for another fill. I am just worried that I will stay like this forever...please help! Has anyone else experienced this?!

I think everyone experiences this from time to time. You have only had one fill? If so you have just started it takes time. Your doing great!

Thank you and yes only one fill. I go see my doctor and the NP on Tuesday and she said if I wanted or needed a fill then I could have one. She said I would need one and would expect me to be asking. When were you banded? What was your weight loss journey like at first? Is 28-29 lbs in 7 weeks good? I know everyone is different...maybe I just shouldn't get on the scale for awhile!

We all have these moments and thankfully they pass. :) Are you counting calories and not just carbs? If so, are you staying under 1200 calories per day and getting in 60+ grams of Protein? If not, those could stall you as well.

Good luck, this will pass. :)

I eat 900-1000 calories a day and 65-70 grams a Protein a day as well. I watch my carbs too...water is my downfill. Before surgery it was so easy to get all the Water in, now it is hard but I manage about 60-70oz a day

I'm two years banded and I'm down 120 lbs. I think 28/29lbs in 7 weeks is a lot I really don't remember how well I did but I do know after one fill I was no where close to where it ended to be.

Every once in a while the body just stalls and you have to find all your motivation and wait it out. I would trick it and eat a little more than normal for a day and then up the Water the Next day and resume my 1000 calories ... It worked every time to get the scale moving.

I would up your calories to 1100 to 1200, your body may think it is starving. I am at 6 weeks and 24lbs since pre op, so I think we are doing okay. I had my first fill on Friday of 1cc. My clinic only does 1 at a time, pretty non negotiable. It is a slow and steady race and the would rather me creep up on my sweet spot then blow right past it and have troubles.

Stupid question guys I am 5 wk, on orders just to do gental walking till 6wks, started at 13stone 5ft reson for band health issues age 54. Band filled in surg 4mls. I Did not do pre op diet, I see all you wonderful banders moving loads of weight, like in their 20lbs, I have only lost 13lbs. Now this is were the stupid question comes in, please do not be offended, but is the high lost due to the high weight,? or am I just doing something wrong, one day one down the next after eating very little gain a pound, what's that all about.

You're doing fine. It will move again. As far as starvation mode eventually the body has no choice but to lose. Up your Protein more it will start moving. Hang on.

I think you loss is just fine. Remember most doctors say you will loose 1-2 pounds per week.

Yes, often the more you have to loose the faster it comes off at first.

The loss however is slower for some of us. I do 2 + hours of moderate cardio 7 days a week and loose less than 1 pound a week. More like.5 pound. And I eat very conservatively.

Stupid question guys I am 5 wk, on orders just to do gental walking till 6wks, started at 13stone 5ft reson for band health issues age 54. Band filled in surg 4mls. I Did not do pre op diet, I see all you wonderful banders moving loads of weight, like in their 20lbs, I have only lost 13lbs. Now this is were the stupid question comes in, please do not be offended, but is the high lost due to the high weight,? or am I just doing something wrong, one day one down the next after eating very little gain a pound, what's that all about.

I am not sure what 13 stones is...but I started out with at 262 and am have now lost 28/29 lbs depending on what the scale says. I go to my surgeons office tomorrow so we will see what their scale says. 13 divided by 5 is 2.6 lbs per a week so you are average. I got my first fill on October 17 and it was 3.5 CC and I still have lost much more weight but I am not fully in the green zone. I will be getting another fill tomorrow. I think your body is trying to get used to what is going on. What foods are you eating? Maybe you should talk to you surgeon?

Every once in a while the body just stalls and you have to find all your motivation and wait it out. I would trick it and eat a little more than normal for a day and then up the Water the Next day and resume my 1000 calories ... It worked every time to get the scale moving.

Thanks! I saw that you have lost over 200 lbs. What do you eat on an average day? Do you have any fresh ideas? I am trying new recipes but it is hard to find new ones. It is also hard to find people that stick to it and don't give up. I am just curious as to know a little more about your journey if you don't mind. Thanks.

Thank you everyone for you responses. I am going to try to up my calorie intake...and I see my doctor tomorrow so wish me luck! :) I know the weight doesn't come off instantly...but it sure feels like it was put on instantly...

Thanks! I saw that you have lost over 200 lbs. What do you eat on an average day? Do you have any fresh ideas? I am trying new recipes but it is hard to find new ones. It is also hard to find people that stick to it and don't give up. I am just curious as to know a little more about your journey if you don't mind. Thanks.

I dont mind at all. I am happy to help. Now that I am so close to goal I am not as strict and am more in the maintaining mode...but I am still losing just not as fast.

A typical day for me was pretty simple... I eat regular food. I do not cook and special recipies... just smaller portions. I was avid about tracking my food in a food ap and counting calories. I ate 1000 calories each day for 22 months. Every once in a while I would up it to 1200 if I was stalled but that was only for a day or so.

A typical day looks like this:

Breakfast - sugar free instant Breakfast w/ skim milk ( I dont do morning food well)

Morning snack - fruit

lunch- 3 oz of tuna packed in Water, drained & mixed with fat free dressing instead of mayo. / 6 wheat thins crackers / 1/2 c veggies or salad

afternoon snack - sugar free pudding cup

dinner - 3-4 oz Protein (pork, fish, chicken or beef) / 1/2 c veggies, 1/4 c starch

I have a hard time finishing the meals so I always eat the Protein first... then the veggies and finally the starch.

I rarely had an evening snack but if I did it was 1 oz cheese. sugar free popsicle or 100 calories of popcorn.< /p>