Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandwagon Supporters

I'm a December 6th girl! I'm so excited/scared/nervous! I have to have a hiatal hernia repair also.....I need encouraging words! Soooo ready!

I'm getting banded on Dec. 4th! I'm so excited to get this journey started. I start my pre-op diet on Nov. 20th. I'm a little nervous with thanksgiving being that week. Only my husband and parents know about my surgery so I know my grandma will be upset I'm not eating lol. I'm shopping around for Protein shakes this weekend to find what I like best. I'll update you all if I find any thing really good!

My date is December 4th, I am I Virginia.... A little nervous. I will be starting my pre- op dieting on the 27th of November. My Protein Drink of choice is Lean shake at GNC. It comes in strawberry, vanilla bean and chocolate...

im rarely on forum as im usually busy with other things, but if this is any help...............i was banded LAST December 13, 2011, and i cant believe it almost been a year ! Im down 63 lbs , feel great , get lots of compliments, and cant believe i have my life back ! I swim and walk , follow the Drs rules 95% 0f the time and watched the weight roll off. I 've gone from 225 lbs, frumpy size 18-1x clothes to 163 lbs, wear a size 14 skinny jeans, my sleep apnea is gone, i look and feel healthier and younger, and it just keeps getting better and better ! I still can eat 90% of normal foods , including thin crust pizza, steak, pineapple and celery. the only favorite foods i had to give up was broccoli and thick chicken and thick pork chops, and i can only eat a few bites of any potato item before they expand. i cant help you with the soda pop or alcohol problems as i dont like soda but have a margarita every month or two. Most wheat breads are fine, but depending on the type or brand of biscut i might have a problem. hope this helps you calm your nerves, getting banded was the best decision ever ! Good luck !

I too am from Australia and having band on 12/12. I am not sure how to post on this site but here goes. I will just be going onto mushie food for Christmas but excited about changes. Thanks for all your post and I guess I will be a December bandit. All the best bron

Sheila I'm December 6th too! Woo hoo!

yay, we can be band buddies! I saw the dietitian yesterday. I'm starting my pre op diet Monday since starting on Thanksgiving day would be awful. It will be hard not eating all this goodies, but so worth it! Plus, I will have lost that much more weight before surgery :) when are you starting your pre op diet?

Hello my surgery is dec 13!!! Excited and nervous!!!

Hey, I'm a Dec. 10th hiatial hernia and lapband....Start my Liquid Protein Nov. 26th....Stressed...........lol.....wvsweetspot.....so tired of being sick and tired of dieting, this will be such a relief!

I'm also having hiatal hernia repair....

Hey' date=' I'm a Dec. 10th hiatial hernia and lapband....Start my liquid Protein Nov. 26th....Stressed...........lol.....wvsweetspot.....so tired of being sick and tired of dieting, this will be such a relief![/quote']

same here..been in pain continuously for over a year now... happy to soon have my hernia repaired the additional weight loss is extra ..

I have been waiting for a 410k check to come to have my surgery. The check finally arrived and now I have major butterflies. This is really happening! The reality has set in!

Surgery days are less than a month away

I have 4 wks 3 days. I really can't weight. I am self pay also. I have a Psychitrist who when I complained about gaining weight & I wanted a lapband, told me I just needed to eat less.

I saw him Monday and told him I was having the lapband on 12/18, he told me I'm not fat enough for the band and I needed to exercise and eat better.

hi

Hey I hear you regarding psych visit....mind said now explain to me why you need this surgery....cause my BMI is 40 and I can't breathe and I have heart burn and aches and pains all the time. The man has probably never been fat a day in his life and doesn't have a clue about what a person has tried or gone through. I think it took him back when he ask me how long I had tried to loose weight or how long I had been overweight and I said since I was 1 year old --about 63 years LOL and surely if I could have done it on my own and maintained any lost weight I would have done it by now.....good to hear from you take care and don't let anyone discourage you....Effie

NaNcyNiCole glad to hear your money came through and it is an exciting time. So glad there's others going through the same experience. Stay focused and take one day at a time. Our day will be here before we know it! Take care. Effie