Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Could It Be My Gallbladder?

I have been having pain underneath my banded area. Most severe instances waking me in the middle of the night. Gas pain and painful deep inhalation. My worst fear is erosion, obviously. I've been at goal for about a year now. After reading about it, it sounds gallbladder related. I have very little restriction right now as my doc took my last fill out. My barium xray showed no blockage, but just in case it was too tight we did an unfill and now I'm scheduled to see a gastroenterologist to rule out erosion or anything esophagous related.

Pain/ache upon deep inhalation is still present. Anyone ever go through this? What has been your experiences with gallbladder issues? Insight would be comforting right now.

Its probably gastritis. But let your doctor find out what it really is. Doesnt sound gall bladder related to me.

The pain when taking deep breaths is the most severe symptom, though. Gastritis doesn't usually have that kind of pain associated, does it?

Pain when taking deep breaths could be an indication of a very severe kidney infection. Gall bladders are usually dull achy feelings and sometimes gas pain. I dont think its your gallbladder. But its really up to your doctor. I have gastritis and it is very ugly.

I'm following up w many doctors. I'm just curious of those who have previously had gallbladder issues as when I look up my symptoms they are very in line w gallbladder issues.

Thanks you fr your input, though!

Has anyone here had gallbladder pains or complications? Your experience?

My gall bladder pains were not "dull and ache" they were horrific stabbing pains. And yes they did wake me up in the middle of the night.

My gall bladder pains were not "dull and ache" they were horrific stabbing pains. And yes they did wake me up in the middle of the night.

Yes I feel it quite severe in the middle of the night and the deep breathing hurts so much. Makes me not want to eat at all.

The pain also radiates the back of my throat. I'm nervous about slippage. Or erosion... I kind of don't mind losing my gallbladder if that's the case I just don't wantto lose my band

<p>It's been 20 years since I had my gall bladder out but I don't remember any neck pain. I do remember it hurting to breath. I distinctly remember lying in my dorm room in a fetal position. One of my floor mates insisted on driving me to the hospital. She was concerned I might have a bleeding ulcer. What are you eating before these attacks happen? Something high in fat will set off an attack (a couple hours can go by, which is why they wak

The one severe attack I had was in the middle of the night after I had made the bad desicion to eat a 3 or so servings of cheese doodles. I woke sweating with that mid chest pain and very painful deep breathing. Sine then I had an unfill and went on liquids for a few days. I've recommitted and have started over but the pain when deep breathing (although less severe and hasn't woken me since) is still there, to a lesser degree and comes and goes. I started a gallbladder diet yesterday. Cucumbers and beets. :/ I hate beets.

I had my galbladder removed in January. At times when i was having an attack i thought i was having a heart attack. They were very sudden and sharp and right in the middle of my chest under where i assume my band is. I did an ultrasound for stones (none appeared) and a barium swallow. Both were ok but i knew something was wrong. Very gassy, had to be in the bathroom very suddenly and frequently, and these sporadic chest pains (middle of night/early morning were the worse). I pushed for a HIDA scan and it popped up in the 20's so a lap chole was scheduled in the following weeks :)

My symptoms were def not normal and my NP was reluctant to believe it was my galbladder. Her nurse had had the same symptoms and had her gallbladder out months before so her nurse helped push the HIDA scan.

I would push for a HIDA scan (which are long, boring, and uncomfortable btw) and if it comes back normal my next route would be an EGD to rule out erosion. Erosion scares the bejesus out of me too. If left to long it can cause necrosis and that just makes my heart beat all funny just thinking about it. I actually spoke with my NP about this very thing this morning and she said if you catch it early (which usually shows up as irritated tissue ont he EGD) they just unfill and watch the irritation and wait for it to heal on its own. It is when it isnt caught that it turns ugly. Which made me feel a little better but not much :P

Let us know what you find out and i would def push for more tests. You are your best advocate and I KNEW something was not right and wasnt going to give up until someone sorted out. Also, eat as low fat as possible; fatty foods will trigger an attack like nothing i have seen. After i found out it was my gb i ate a lot of rice and Beans. Now I eat as many low fat vegetarian meals as possible because fat wrecks havoc on my digestive system still to this day.

I'm very nervous about erosion! I have a consult with a gastro doc to talk about a scope test. I'm def mentioning the HIDA test! Thank you!

I had gallstones about 25 years ago, also at college. I had a whole bunch of tests done and they couldn't find anything. I was beginning to think it was in my head. They caught it because my liver counts were off.

The pain was intense. Like a cross between being stabbed and felling that there was a hand inside me that was squeezing my guts really hard. I didn't have throat pain, but it did radiate to my shoulder (like gas pains.)

Gallbladder attacks seem to occur after weight loss. My sister had to have hers removed after losing weight. Her problem was an attack in the middle of the night. Violent vomiting & pain. However, they sucked that puppy right out through a tube. No more gallbladder! She went back to work in a couple of days. Good luck to you. Stay on top of things.

GI scope clear!!! It's not may band, in fact they said my band looks great! We're now ruling out gall stones and gallbladder.