Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is Self Pay Worth It? Austin, Tx Area

I'm still waiting to hear if I'm approved with my insurance. I don't believe e paperwork has even started yet. I haven't even met with my surgeon (only my primary care physician). But do u guys feel that self pay is worth it? If I don't get approved I may just do self pay. I won't be going to Mexico tho. My friends brother went to Mexico for dental work a few years ago and never came home. To this day no ones heard from him :/.

It'd prob be like 15 k? I'm in the Austin area

I did self pay on December 2010 and also for my daughter in July of 2011 and I would do it again in a heartbeat...I spent we'll over the amount on fad diets and such with no where near the results....was the best investment I ever made...

So sorry about your friends brother =( I have heard horror stories about Mexico as well as wonderful stories so Basically it's a choice and a risk. Well I'm a self pay and I been banded well tomorrow will be 2 months up to date Ihave absolutely no regrets what so ever! =) If you are in Austin If I may make a suggestion you can consider commin gto Dallas and gettin gbanded here and just look for another doctor for the fills and follow ups unless of course your are able to come for all your visits. My Surgery was 10k well a little less with Dr. NIck Nickcolson. He is a top Doctor you can do your own reserch and he treats me like a person not a number.

Worth every penny. I was self pay and I would do it again. Don't let the insurance tell you how to take care of you!

I'm still waiting to hear if I'm approved with my insurance. I don't believe e paperwork has even started yet. I haven't even met with my surgeon (only my primary care physician). But do u guys feel that self pay is worth it? If I don't get approved I may just do self pay. I won't be going to Mexico tho. My friends brother went to Mexico for dental work a few years ago and never came home. To this day no ones heard from him :/.

I'm self pay having my surgery in Houston True Results I live in Louisiana. It's 9900, it's a lot but once u think about the money spent on diets n girdles and money on clothes when u gain or when you lose for a short period of time. Well worth it!!!!!!!

I paid $14,000 and would have paid 4 times that knowing what I know today!! I've lost 110pounds, am 4 pounds below goal weight, and have NEVER been happier!! Good luck!

I was self pay ($13,000) and not regretting it yet :), I'm a little over 3 months in.

Mine was 10k in Tampa but then the hospital offered a reduction if i PAid it early so it ended up at $7250. It was worth every penny. And would have been even if Ended up paying the 10k....but that's just my opinion

Totally worth it. I'm in Austin, self pay, 10k thru True Results.

Totally worth it. I'm in Austin' date=' self pay, 10k thru True Results.[/quote']

Price includes 1 year of fills.

When I was in Mexico getting my WL surgery, I met your friends brother. He is now a she and prefers to be called Raffelle..............and BTW..............His / Her teeth look GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!................LOL

When I was in Mexico getting my WL surgery' date=' I met your friends brother. He is now a she and prefers to be called Raffelle..............and BTW..............His / Her teeth look GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!................LOL[/quote']

Ok, I have no idea what to make of this comment. Do tell!

Ok' date=' I have no idea what to make of this comment. Do tell![/quote']

Ouch! Just take a deep breath and ignore. I don't think he stopped to realize this is a person that people care about who is missing.

I think I just heard a toilet flush!