Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2012 Bandsters

Honestly, I attribute my success so far to a few things...

• Following my surgeons advice/rules (I hit a wall for three weeks and realized that I wasn't following some of the rules). As soon as I began to follow them more closely, I started losing again.
  • I will not do anything that I think contributed to me getting to 426lbs. If eating in the car did that, then I don't. If going to a party thinking I'll find something healthy, I prepare.
  • Excellent support from others on sites like this one and on youtube. There is no greater expert than someone who has been there through all of it before you.
  • Try not to make excuses. If I gain it's because I didn't do what I was supposed to. If I'm honest with myself I can figure out what I did wrong and not blame the scale. my period. the universe, etc.

Hiyas all!!! You all are doing great! Well, I fall off the wagon for a bit there. I'd lose weight at a good pace and then gain back a couple.. my fault for eating the wrong things. Xmas/new years It seemed I lost it for a bit and went on a sweet binge.. ( I have never even been a sweets person )!! I just got my 3rd fill today. 6cc total.. in my 14band. This is the first time I have felt restriction.. I am hopeful and excited .. hoping this is my greenzone!! I am sooo hoping! Back to exercising and eating right.

Ya fall off... ya get right back on. I don't wanna fall off anymore !

I was banded on October 15, and have lost "only" 15 pounds since surgery, 41 in total. I've been really down about losing about a pound a week but my doctors have told me I'm doing great. I knew going in the lapbanders lose way more slowly than gastric bypass but emotionally it is still hard.

I have been on a sabbatical from my teaching job and return on January 29. I had hoped to have a super noticeable difference by the time I went back, but that doesn't seem to be in the cards,

I've had three fills. The first one I felt great restriction for about a week, then almost nothing. The second one was the most successful so far as I lost nine pounds in five weeks. I just had my third, so I am up to 6.3 ccs in a 10 cc band. I'm still on mushies and it seems to be working well.

I am curious about how many calories a day people are averaging?

I average about 850. I also track everything, no processed foods, and I work out 3 times a week min and walk 25 miles a week. Lots of movement to get these lbs off. Damn pizza!

Hi all! I was banded on the 13th of October and im down 36 pounds since surgery. I'm delighted because I just put on a top this morning I haven't fit into in 2.5 years! I have my confidence back and I love it. I have had a sinus infection and bronchitis for 3 weeks preventing me from exercising so I'm eager to get back into it. Hoping to lose another 30 pounds by may so really working on it!

Congrats to everyone on their loss! This year is our year of freedom!

I was banded October 29. I am down 38 lbs and I average 800 or less calories a day! It's hard for me to get more. Its plenty for me though :) Ive had 2 fills, my second was on January 7th and I have 5 cc's in me. This fill has been great! I think I could get one more and it be my green zone! :)

I was banded October 18 I'm down close to 50 pounds and I've had 1.75 put into my band, I have a 10cc band. I did fall off during Christmas, I did gain a few pounds. I'm drinking more Water and exercising more. I'm pushing myself more, my next fill is January 31.....

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

Since being banded 10/31/12 I've lost about 32 lbs(includes what I lost on 1 week pre op diet)

I am back banded 1st Oct 2012, lost 2stone 2lbs, I had my 3rd fill today, now 7ml in a 10 ml band, feeling a bit swollen, and full, I am on soft foods today, but my mind is still making me finish food, it's hard to recognise when to stop, any ideas guys, I am feeling stuffed after each meal

I was banded on October 15' date=' and have lost "only" 15 pounds since surgery, 41 in total. I've been really down about losing about a pound a week but my doctors have told me I'm doing great. I knew going in the lapbanders lose way more slowly than gastric bypass but emotionally it is still hard.

I have been on a sabbatical from my teaching job and return on January 29. I had hoped to have a super noticeable difference by the time I went back, but that doesn't seem to be in the cards,

I've had three fills. The first one I felt great restriction for about a week, then almost nothing. The second one was the most successful so far as I lost nine pounds in five weeks. I just had my third, so I am up to 6.3 ccs in a 10 cc band. I'm still on mushies and it seems to be working well.

I am curious about how many calories a day people are averaging?[/quote']

Hiya it is hard but you are doing great 41lbs, is a lot well done don't give up 1lb a week is fantastic !,

30kg down and in a size 18 sooo excited !!

post-343909-13813140914909_thumb.png

30kg down and in a size 18 sooo excited !!

Wow u look great. :)

thanks :) i gotta keep reminding myself of how far ive come not how far i have to go

Surg oct 8th and down a total of 37lbs including preop. I am feeling a bit discouraged and not feeling like I'm doing a good job. Due for second fill feb 5th. Still hungry just not succumbing to the desires.....

Surgery October 25 and have lost 16 lbs since surgery. I have had one fill. For the past three weeks I have been extremely hungry and have only lost 1 pound. I will call tomorrow to see if I can get another fill I think I need one to accelerate my weight loss and Help with my hunger. What do you guys think I should do next?