Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2012 Bandsters

Down 21 lbs & Got my first fill & lt was 3.5.

Just wanted to stop in and say hello to my fellow October bandsters. I was banded 10/12/12 and I'm down 84 pounds (20 from when I saw the surgeon in July to the pre-op diet and 25 on the pre-op diet).

Feeling pretty good and looking forward to my second fill on Dec 20th. I still get hungry between meals so hoping the second one does the trick!

Just wanted to stop in and say hello to my fellow October bandsters. I was banded 10/12/12 and I'm down 84 pounds (20 from when I saw the surgeon in July to the pre-op diet and 25 on the pre-op diet).

Feeling pretty good and looking forward to my second fill on Dec 20th. I still get hungry between meals so hoping the second one does the trick!

Omg! You're doing amazing! Had my second fill dec 3. Not hungry as much. Down 42 since preop. Banded 10/5! Third fill is dec 26! I made them move it up because of my annual deductible resetting jan 1st.

Thanks for the update!

Wow Fallbride you are doing amazing..I thought I was doing good..I was banded on 10/11/12 and I am down 41 lbs as of today but wow..I am supposed to get a second fill on the 21st but I'm afraid they won't do a fill due to my weight loss since my last appointment!!

Wow Fallbride you are doing amazing..I thought I was doing good..I was banded on 10/11/12 and I am down 41 lbs as of today but wow..I am supposed to get a second fill on the 21st but I'm afraid they won't do a fill due to my weight loss since my last appointment!!

That was my fear too. I told the PA that my wl is strictly diet and exercise and that I would appreciate getting to the green zone.

I have a lot of restriction, somedays I'm lucky to be able to even eat a full cup if food at meals but then other days I feel hungry between meals, just unsure what I should do, chance it for a while or get a fill and chance having to get unfilled!!

MadeinMO,

Keep doing what you are doing. If you are getting a cup of food in with dense Protein, don't change anything. You may want to find something for a tiny snack when needed, just make it low cal and healthy. I sometimes just need two almonds and two banana chips or an 1/8 cup of crunchy dry Cereal. It will work. I just got off a three week plateau too, then 4 pounds just dropped this morning. Just be patient with the results. You do not want to be too tight just to see the scale move because you will not be comfortable.

Thanks suebee01 I was pretty sure I was in a sweet spot right now but just wanted to be sure..sometimes you just need a little reassurance!! I will work with what I have and just take the dr. Advice when I see him on the 21st!!

Hiya Oct boys and girls, you are all doing great, I how ever don't seem to be doing that well, not sure what I must be doing wrong!! Started my journey 1st Oct at 13stone 1lb, I am now 11stone 4lbs, you are amazing, I soul like to be 9stone so still have big challenges ahead, 2nd fill 13th Dec currently.5.5pm in a 10ml band

you all are doing great!! Mine also resets jan 1st.. and have only had 1 fill.. I have no restriction at all. still losing.. but also because of diet/exercise. I hope the next one does it! :D and also.. if i need to before jan 1st.. lol.. how soon can I get another fill?

t

Thanx cause I'm getting a bit down n out ... Thought I'd be in my merry way by now ....

its true. I just came through "bandster hell" and had my first fill today. I didn't stress about it though. I read on here what to expect. I would eat and then get hungry 3 or 4 hours later but I'd go have a snack. I still lost a few pounds, didn't gain any, and knew it was short term.

Hang in there!

Hey Y'all. Haven't been in here for awhile...I am down 27lbs since Surgery day (Oct 29) and feeling great. My first fill was November 27th. I already had 3 cc they added another 1cc it did a lot for me at first but now I know I need more :) All is well though steadily losing!

My surgery was October 30th and tomorrow is my first fill. I am excited. I am down 32 pounds but I am definitely getting hungrier each week after post op. I know I won't be anywhere near the green zone after one fill but I will at least be closer:) I am so proud of all of us October Bandsters! I can't wait to see what the next couple of months bring!

Amazing NSV, I went to my WLS support group meeting and a girl I haven't seen in a while nearly feel out of her chair. Her eyes popped out of her head and she said " OMG you look amazing, you whole body has shrunk!" It made my night!

I've always been a fast loser but thanks for the kind thoughts! It's not about how fast but whether I can keep it up and keep it off if you know what I mean. Started exercising for the first time since the banding and I am getting up at 5:30am to go to the gym pool. I do 40 minutes of laps and then go to work. People ask me all the time how I have lost so much so quickly and the truth is, I follow the doctor's orders pretty carefully. I really have it in my head that this is my new life and anything I did before including the negative thinking got me to be 426lbs at 40 years old. I am changing everything including my internal thoughts. It's hard but its working! ;-)

I also see a mental health counselor to help me work through my feelings. I'm finding myself telling people what I really think (because I am not stuffing my feelings down with food). It's very new for me and I sometimes get amotional about it. It's like I am breaking up with a long time love and it you have to relearn how to live differently.