Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2012 Bandsters

I am doing great! I really had no pain after surgery and very little gas. What I did have was in both shoulders. I was out shopping a few hours after my surgery!

I start my pureed food on Saturday and I am really looking forward to having some substance to my diet. Soup is ok but I am getting sick of it.

I lost 9 lbs pre op and so far 4 lbs post op.

How are you doing? Surgery go well?

Lynn

i too did not have muchh pain, not even the famous shoulder pain. three days into the surgery i did feel so pressure in the middle of my chest, i figured it was the actual band pressing up against my insides finding her place in her new home lol :)

i don't remember my weight on the day of surgery, i think i was so nervous. i'm going to ask the doctor on monday when i go though, even my measurements from the very first day i went to see him.

very first day i went to see the doctor was august 17th i was 226 today 1 week post op i am 196!!!!

i am one week post op and i am very happy :)

happy an awesome second week of the best day of your life my friend!!!!

My doc also just glued me up and sent me on my way without any strips. It was pretty cool actually.

He also didn't fill the day of surgery. He said he likes to do it that way so if there are any problems he knows its not because of the fill.

21 days post op and doing great. Total lost 26.7 lbs

Day 4 post band for me. Last night skipped the meds. My belly feels SO full on 4 sips. I'm not hungry at all so that's ok w me but I am working on getting enough Fluid and Protein in. I'm supposed to have2 Protein Shakes / day and I had about half of one. I'm supposed to have 4-6 cups liquid and I have about 2-3/ day. The scale dipped below 200 today! Suddenly I'm 197 and was 203 yesterday and that has to be fluid, right? 13 lbs down from start date. Today the weather is supposed to be awesome so I'm planning a stroll to the park. How are all my other October bandsters?

ok ten days post op! I am feeling pretty good today. had an appt wed and the nurse gave me some packages of shake/pudding mixes, but they are not going to sell them any more and I really like them. I had a chocolate one this morning and added PB2 to it, yum! HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!

Day 4 post band for me. Last night skipped the meds. My belly feels SO full on 4 sips. I'm not hungry at all so that's ok w me but I am working on getting enough Fluid and Protein in. I'm supposed to have2 Protein Shakes / day and I had about half of one. I'm supposed to have 4-6 cups liquid and I have about 2-3/ day. The scale dipped below 200 today! Suddenly I'm 197 and was 203 yesterday and that has to be fluid, right? 13 lbs down from start date. Today the weather is supposed to be awesome so I'm planning a stroll to the park. How are all my other October bandsters?

that is soooo awesome! congrats girl it's amazing isn't it?! :)

ok ten days post op! I am feeling pretty good today. had an appt wed and the nurse gave me some packages of shake/pudding mixes, but they are not going to sell them any more and I really like them. I had a chocolate one this morning and added PB2 to it, yum! HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!

yummy! pb and choco :)

too bad for them not selling those anymore, you should look in the web for the same brand, never know price might be less?

i went to the grocery store on wed and was amazed it took me forever to buy just a few items that are low carb and high Protein. so far i've been intaking crystal light flavored waters, Protein Shakes (sold at the drs office), sugar free Jello. honestly just yersterday i introduced myself to cottage cheese and yogurt. the later two are labeled for diabetics/low carb (even though i/m not a diaetic).

keep strong, soon our season of winter will be over and spring & summer will come :)

Hi, I had My band done yesterday! Pain is not too bad. At first it was horrible!! In the hospital when I first woke up. My throat hurts because they had to put a tube down my throat. They also fixed a hernia. I am hoping tomorrow I can go for A short walk. Not hungry. Had 2 Protein Shakes so far. Water and sf popsicles. Excited to start losing this weight!!!

Just read this entire string of posts. Really great to hear all your good news, and what I have to expect for my surgery on October 31st.

Can't wait - 5 more days!

I did it!!! I am officially banded!

Surgery was this morning and I am feeling great!

I am on Water for the rest of the day and start clear Soups and liquids tomorrow.

Still cant believe it!!!!

congratulations!!! I go in Monday!

Wanted to update everyone, Dr put me on antibiotics, they want to make sure it doesnt get infected or to get rid of what infection there is.

Wanted to update everyone, Dr put me on antibiotics, they want to make sure it doesnt get infected or to get rid of what infection there is.

that's great. so glad they took you in quick. :)

It sounds like everyone is doing great!! Congrats to you guys who got banded yesterday and today!! I had my first post op apt today!! It went great 21lb down! 8 days post op and already was moved to solid foods!!i just cant have pork, beef, or bread till after my fill Nov 5! I had about 3oz of chicken for and some ff refried beans!! At a restaurant!! It was amazing and i felt great asking for a to go box before i even began eating! So far im tolerating everything as long as bites are small and i chew chew chew!

Your grandmother is right as the incision heals the skin gets tighter I used bio oil as soon as my incision had completely healed it was fantastic but a plastics doctor says it doesn't matter what you use as long as you use some type of moisturiser this will help with scaring as well!

Where can you buy bio oil? Is that the full name?

Banded yesterday and I'm still having a lot of incisional pain. Doc put me on Tylenol with codeine. I really would like something stronger bc of the pain. What do you guys think?

Had a hiatal hernia too. I'm trying to have has much Protein as I can. Had 2 1/2 Protein Shakes, chicken broth, sf Italian ice, Popsicle today, also Water. They gave us a recipe to put some of the Protein Powder in the jelly which is an awesome idea.

Tammy12...im post op day 3..i too was given tylenol.with codeine..only makes you sleep and feel itchy. I called for something else and they told me liquid motrin..one week only..im currently.taking nothing for pain.