Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need Help With Cravings!!

I am having a very hard time with my chocolate cravings. I have had a few here and there but it seam like its becoming an every day thing now. I have 18g Protein for Breakfast, 28-32g at lunch and around 25g at supper. What am i doing wrong please help. My weight is not changing much for about a month now. I was banded june 29/2012.

I am having a very hard time with my chocolate cravings. I have had a few here and there but it seam like its becoming an every day thing now. I have 18g Protein for breakfast' date=' 28-32g at lunch and around 25g at supper. What am i doing wrong please help. My weight is not changing much for about a month now. I was banded june 29/2012.[/quote']

Maybe if you buy hard candy there are some that are chocolate you could suck on a few through out the day!

My weight has stayed at 340 one day its 337 and the next day its 343 and thats on the same scale

Jello brand sugar free pudding is good. Also, there are fudge popsicles that are yummy and about 70-90 calories. I would suggest though only to do those once in a while as you don't want to be in the habit of it. For me if I have it every day it makes me want it more and it gets out of control. If I only have it when I am having a strong craving I can manage my calories and sweet tooth much better.

I would strongly suggest using myfitnesspal.com (or the phone app) and log your food intake (caloric) intake. You should be keeping it around 1200 calories (unless your dr. said otherwise). A lot of us feel like we are taking in what is appropriate and until we log it don't realize we are taking in more than we should with large portions or liquid calories, etc. By logging it you can be real and see if you are taking in an appropriate amount. Also, I notice if I am not drinking enough fluids my weight fluctuates more as I am retaining and losing Water depending on whether I am drinking enough. Lastly, are you getting any exercise in (at least some walking)?

Good luck to you.

I would recommend logging calories for a week to see what you're really eating. Protein is a great thing to keep track of, but you need to keep the overall caloric content in mind. You should also focus on getting 80 oz plus Water a day.

Are you exercising? Activity is every bit as important to this journey as the food you put into your body. If you are, that's great! You will probably need to add 5 or 10 minutes to your work out, switch up the order of your routine, or increase intensity. I hit a plateau a few weeks ago and my doctor suggested adding variety to my diet and exercise. That worked for me.

There is nothing wrong with occasional chocolate. However if your craving for it is increasing, you just may not be able to eat it for the time being. There are certain foods I know could trigger me, so I try to avoid them or only eat them when I am out (like a restaurant or friend's house) so I am not tempted to binge privately. If it is the sweetness you are craving, how about vanilla yogurt with some fresh fruit sliced into it? Or just a glass of skim milk for a snack?

Stay strong.

I love my chocolate and will never give it up lapband or no lapband. My nutritionist allows it everyday if I need it but it has to be a small amount and counted into your portion controls or calories ( if you count calories). I don't have it every day but at least twice a week and at the moment it's a small cadburys Turkish delight bar which isn't all chocolate. I find any other chocolate to sweet. I do however walk everyday, thirty min high intensity walk on the treadmill.

Are you drinking at least eight glasses if Water a day? Also if your weight fluctuates so much every day it could be Fluid retention due to too much salt, hormonal etc.

Our bodies also hit plateaus, mine seems too every few weeks and when that happens I just change my exercise around and fine tune what I'm eating and it starts to move again.

Have you tried skinny cow chocolate bars and clusters?

Try weight watchers chocolate candy or maybe even the Special K with chocolate

Thank u for all the support i will try it all that thank u. I have slowed down on my Water intake i know and i do need to start writing down what i am eating again. On average how many calories r people eating each meal. I have no problem with my Protein its everything else.

Thank u for all the support i will try it all that thank u. I have slowed down on my Water intake i know and i do need to start writing down what i am eating again. On average how many calories r people eating each meal. I have no problem with my Protein its everything else.

My Breakfast is usually 100-160, lunch is between 250 and 320, and dinner is around 400-500.