Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Potty-Training Boys???

Anderson is my little trooper. occasionally he has an accident. he is in pull ups when we go out because he has had a few accidents in public. But for the most part when he has to go he gets really really excited, and announces it to the whole world, then runs into the bathroom to use the potty. Then he'll come running out of the bathroom when he is done, waving the underwear or pullup he was wearing, proclaiming that they are still dry, not caring who sees his whatsis. lol thank gravy i work at home.

We're doing great!

No more doggie tricks (pooping in the yard) - thank you, God.

I cant even remember the last time he had an accident.

The only minor aggravation is when he poops in the toilet, he jumps off the seat to LOOK at it. He takes a peek, then wiggles back on it to do more. Another plop, then off to look. Back on for more.

This could last a good 15 minutes. :tired :tired :tired

He fusses at me saying, "I NOT FINISHED, MOM"

Way to go everyone on your success!!

we have the opposite prob. andy will get on, go poop a little. then jump off to run around the house and tell everyone and be cheered on. then the underpants go on, then the pants, then he has an accident cause he was not really finished. it does break his little heart when that happens too. he tries so hard. but he doesn't understand how to tell if he is done yet when he is going poop.

I'm so proud of all you mommies!!! and your lil ones too! I wonder if Proctor and Gamble, (toothpaste makers) and General Mills,(cheerios) and all the underwear makers realized that they had a gold mine if they just "re purposed" these products into a potty training package!! I love the growing each time you pooped, and the puppy demo, and the tree watering. I think we have a lap-band training book on the make here and another book on another thread that says ......then you might be a banster!. Gotta love it!!

All this is sweet, you are right! Thanks for smiling with us. :confused:

LBT has all you need for an excellent life! LOL

Amy ~ It sounds like Anderson is plugging along. It does take baby steps sometimes. You do have your hands full though....I bet he is a pistol in other areas as well. I was sad for him when you said he would have an accident b/c he wasn't really finished. :cry Poor guy...they don't understand yet. He will get there.

Danny is getting so big these days that he runs me out of the bathroom. He says, "No see me mommy, I need privacy". He learned the privacy part from me. Sometimes a mom just needs to pee in peace and I guess it has caught on. :nervous

I think I may copy this post to my hard drive b/c there are a lot of memories here. My mom keeps telling me to write things down in a book, but who has the time?

loves it makes me sad too for him when he has an accident. he is trying so hard. he came into our room the other night, and i thought it was because of an accident. he came in to tell us that he had gotten up to go pee and his underpants were still dry. i was so proud. then when we woke up in the morning he didn't want to get out of bed. when i finally picked him up i smelled it. he had pooped in his pullups during the night and he was so angry with himself. he doesn't really get embarassed, just frustrated. so we have lots of love and hugs and kisses.

emily hasn't been helping though. when he has an accident she points it out loud as can be, and calls him a baby. we have had to have a few serious talks with her about that. but andy holds his own. he stands in front of her with his hands on his hips and tells her "you be quite, i don't want to hear you say baby! you a baby!" then he takes his stuffed turtle and his new underpants and goes to find a quite corner to put them on. it is sad, but cute at the same time.

Update: tinkle in the potty is going great. His pull-up or undies are almost always dry, and he pees like a champ regularly. Yay! Poop is still an issue. He just doesn't want to do it! Yesterday he needed to poop. I knew it, and he kept grabbing his fanny. (so cute and funny) so I put him on the pot, and he tinkled, said he was all done, I tried to get him to stay on and poop but he wouldn't. So I didn't put his undies back on. He ran around for the next 2 hours holding it in, begging for a diaper, watching TV, me eagle-eyeing his angst so we didn't end up with poop globs all over the floor. It was agony! Funny, but agony. He wanted a ball from the grocery store last week and I told him when he pooped on the potty he could have one and I've been holding it over his sweet little head ever since. So finally! he sat on the potty and pooped. Not because he tried, but because he couldn't hold it any longer. He pooped despite himself. But when Daddy got home, dadgummit if we didnt' drive up to the darn grocery store and buy him a ball! He was so excited. He loves that $2.99 red ball. OMGosh. I'm dyin' over here. The progress is slow but steady. He really is better about the tinkle, and maybe we will get him over this poopy hump soon. Arrrggghhh!! Is everyone else doing better than we are?!!!! LOL

my son is 5 1/2 now and has been potty trained since 3 1/2 however his bladder is ineffective at night. He is so proud when he doesn't wet the bed at night but that is because if I know he had lots of liquid before bed I will carry him to the potty at midnight (this is a major task). I have read that boys take way longer and also their bladders don't mature as fast where they can hold their urine at night. I read that by the age of 6 is when their bladders should be fully mature. I hope this helps. But I have heard of cherrios in the toilet to aim at. I was very worried when he was 3 and still going poo in his pants. I thought oh my gosh he has an issue. He didn't it just takes them longer and boys don't really care as much as girls do about messing in their pants. Good luck!!!

TBM ~ Yup, he is on his way. My son did this for a couple of weeks then finally decided it wasn't so bad after we showed him the toothpaste (suggested on this thread). Have you tried that yet? I think it helped us b/c Danny was afraid the poop would hurt. The toothpaste showed how it came out easy. Try it if you haven't yet.

I would just KILL :angry my DH if he did that to me. We have had these kind of issues though. It seems our DH's don't think deeper than the moment at times. Mommy's think so differently, thank goodness!!! :phanvan

Keep up the good work and b4 you know it, you will wonder when you last changed a diaper/pull-up. It's such a happy and sad time all at once.

TheBestMe, Good for him for holding it though. The first step is them realizing that there will be a mess if they don't hold it. I think in the next few weeks it will become easier and easier. The time just seems to drag out. Your little guy will make it though. :P

An update on Andy. He is doing great with peeing, and pooping, but he has had an occasionaly accident. usually they are on the way to the potty, he just doesn't make it in time. we put pullups on him at night in case there is an accident, but during the day he refuses to wear pullups or underpants. He says he is a big boy at day, little boy at night. But every morning he comes running into our room and into our bathroom so he can go potty, and hasn't had a single accident at night. He refuses to use his bathroom though. We are not sure what that is all about. Even if our door is locked, he will just dance there and knock at the door till we let him in.

I included a picture so I can share my little guy with you guys. This was at the beach last weekend, and he was so good. He was just wearing swim trunks, and at one point he yelled out for the whole beach to hear "Momma I gotta go poop!" and just took off to the bathhouse with the restrooms in it. It was hilarious.

So, how's the potty training going? I just wanted to bump this b/c Danny has been doing super, but wanted to share this funny thing with you. Now that Danny is potty trained, he thinks it's his job to wipe everyone's butt. He races us (mom & dad) if Bobby calls us to help him. He runs as fast as his little feet will take him yelling, "I'll do it, I'll do it". Then when they stayed with my parents for my surgery, grandma asked for some privacy in the bathroom. Danny....sitting the edge of the tub....just shrugged his shoulders and said, "I'm just going to wipe your hiney grandma". She cracked up. I sure hope this new fascination doesn't last. ;)

lol that is cute. Andy is doing perfect! gets up in the middle of the night to go and all. he loves his big boy underpants. and hates when emily tries to wear them. i can't even remember the last time hehad an accident.

I know what you mean with the underwear. My oldest always checks the sizes to make sure brother doesn't wear "his" stuff. Kids are so funny. Then again, both of mine are boys. You should get a pic of Emily wearing Andy's underwear. :heh: I bet that is cute & I could just see Andy's face all piled up with disgust....how dare she?

I think he's finally getting it!!!!! This is Day 3 of "I need to go potty Mommy" and he's pooped! In the potty! No begging, no bribing, no stress, no wondering, no waiting, no arguements, no discomfort whatsoever. Huh? I didn't believe it on day 1. It was a fluke. And yesterday, he did it but it wasn't a good, big, poop, still not convinved. But today, he did it again. :) By george, I think he's got it!

Now, I say no bribing, but we did have a stash of 2 toys left from the last attempts, and when he did this on his own, boy did we celebrate! Well, we don't have any prizes left. But I told him we'd go to the Dollar Store and he's excited. What a difference from just a few months ago!

I have a normal child! Thank you, Lord!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL