Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Wish I Hadnt Told A Soul...im Tired

I am in an awkward situation. One of my employees was banded 1 1/2 years ago. She initially lost 70# but has gained 40-50 back. This employee no longer works for me but her mother does. I really can't tell them that I was banded. It will cause a lot of problems. As you all can see. I am losing weight and unfortunately I've had to have another surgery for another problem. So of course they all think I have cancer or something. I have no idea how or what I will eventually tell them. I agree telling anyone can be an issue with answering all those questions.

Tell them female problems and tell them not you comfortable talking about the V.

I totally hear you. I told some select work people but then I heard about others talking about it. I really don't want to be the topic of conversation.

My husband & I told our kids (10, 7, 4) just so they wouldn't worry when Mommy was in the hospital & didn't feel great after the procedure. All of a sudden I was getting concerned Inquiries from the day care & elementary school. So funny.

People talk about other people all the time. Just ignore them. We all have our support systems - their opinions are the ones we need to count on.

I definitely wish I wouldn't have told as many people as I did. I was just so excited for myself that I let it slip a few too many times. Looking back now....I wish I would have just kept my mouth shut!! It's our bodies, our business!!

I'm tired...of explaining myself.

I'm tired...of people asking 'how much' I've lost

I'm tired...of people who live far away , saying 'I can't wait to see your skinny ass' for the holidays.

I'm tired..of people asking 'can u eat that?'

I'm tired of people's font right obnoxious comments!

It's my business, no one else's. And that's the only regret I gave with the band so far. Just venting. Thanks.

your doing great. keep up the great work.

Wow food for thought. I didn't even think about telling or not telling my co-workers. I could def see getting a ton of questions everyday that could become annoying very fast. Thanks for the post!

Great responses to all. Thanks for listening to my vent. Lol!! Have a great day!!!

I told my fellow co-workers who see me all the time.

Then they told the World!

Im right there with you.I told everyone because I was so proud of myself.I work at a hospital and everyone thinks they know about the pros and cons of my procedure. I really don't care who knows but wish they would keep some of their negative comments to themselves. I told a co worker off the other day to make a long story short I told her "I dont have to answer to anyone but my self if my surgery doesn't work not anyone else.""if you don't have anything positive to say keep your mouth shut.I'm sure she will not say anything more to me.However it probably got around work because they stopped looking at me as if I was a scientific project.

OMG, I never knew how nosey people could be until some of my co-workers found out about my surgery! I don't mind honest curiosity, but snide, judgemental, and uneducated remarks drive me crazy. One lady that works with me had gastric bypass 10 years ago and she keeps telling me what to eat and what is going to bother my stomach...I'm like, "Woman, we didn't have the same surgery...backoff!"

I have decided up front to tell no-one besides my husband. My kids are teens, and are self absorbed enough not to notice if I feel under the weather or if I am not eating like I used to :P I have booked the time off at work for some (insert vague reference to female anatomy) day surgery and since I report to all men I haven't had a further question. I have about 5 days post surgery before I go back to work, and if I am not ready then I will just reinforce the mysterious female ailment and put my feet up.

I have tried a hundred diets, and I can't remember one time when people left me alone to work things out and make my own mistakes. When it comes to weight, everyone's a genius.

So this one will be just me, make or break. I intend to make B)

I told the world, just because I didn't want to get "caught" later and have them think I was deceitful. But yessssss, I HATE when people ask how much I've lost like every freaking 2 days!!! At least space it out to every month and give me a damn Chance! Then sometimes they'll be like "that's it?!".......rude!!!!

I told my co workers. They see me everyday. At first they thought I was going to magically be thin. They know how hard it is and that I didn't "cheat" by going this route. Life saver. But I can see where it can frustrating explaining over and over again. I don't talk about it anymore

I am tired of all of that and tired of people telling me not to lose any more weight!

The constant comments are annoying LOL

They don't want you to lose more weight because the more you lose they more they feel insecure when they are around you. Your glowing from ear to ear (because of your weight loss) and they keep on getting more and more insecure.

I told my parents (I had to, I needed a ride to and from the hospital) and they pretty much told everyone they know. It pisses me off, but oh well. They are the only two people I told and now probably a hundred people know it.